JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

UEI Atlas 5 DVR (Day) with JP1.3, rdf, map files ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calimero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: UEI Atlas 5 DVR (Day) with JP1.3, rdf, map files ? Reply with quote

Good Day,

I have an "Atlas DVR (Day)" that looks like the one on the UEI website labelled as above (first row, second from the left):

http://www.urcsupport.com/

The jumper silk reads JP1.3

I tried to use the rdf files available on the website but when trying to download from the remote, the program gives an error "No definition file found for this remote (30003000) ..." The remote has been provided with the cable box by Cogeco in South-Western Ontario.

I can provide the .ir file that I have obtained with raw download using IR program but I am not sure where I should upload it.

As a note, my hardware/software setup works fine with URC-8820 (JP1.2).

Does anyone have an rdf file and a map file that would match this remote?
Is JP1.3 any different than JP1.2?

Thank you!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: UEI Atlas 5 DVR (Day) with JP1.3, rdf, map files ? Reply with quote

Calimero wrote:
I can provide the .ir file that I have obtained with raw download using IR program but I am not sure where I should upload it.

There's a link to the file section at the top of every page. The place for files like this is the "Diagnosis Area".

Calimero wrote:
Is JP1.3 any different than JP1.2?

This is the first that we've heard of JP1.3, so I don't know, but if your JP1.2 cable is able to download the remote OK, it sounds like it's a regular JP1.2 remote from our perspective.

Calimero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: .ir file uploaded Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. I have uploaded the file at:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3949
Calimero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Images of the Cogeco Atlas DVR (Day) and JP1.3 connector Reply with quote

I have uploaded some small images of the JP1.3 connector and of the remote at:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3951
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3952
Calimero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Atlas DVR (Day) - Learning? Reply with quote

Good Day,

Looking at the data sheet of this remote at:

http://www.uei.com/images/uploaded_images/UEI_Cable_AtlasDVR.pdf

and at the PCB image uploaded at:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3955

it seems that this PCB version of the Atlas (URC-11055BCO Rev. 03 June 2006) supports learning. I don't have the schematic yet (I will try to reverse eng. it) but by the looks of it, the learning portion is not populated. Tried to use the procedures from URC-8820 and the Atlas went into learning mode but it doesn't seem to sense any incoming signal which, together with the missing transistors on the PCB, makes me believe that the learning components have not been populated.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are vacant spots on the PCB, you could probably add the missing components to convert your remote into a learning remote, if you like.

The following file might provide some useful tips as to what components you need:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Hardware/outlaw-learning.zip
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-8820 & URC-10820 schematics may also be of some help if you want to populate the missing parts. The URC-8820 is 3V, while the URC-10820 is 6V. I don't know how many batteries there are in your Atlas, but that may affect the set of parts used in the learning section.
Calimero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Gentlemen! I will let you know about the progress.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look on the PCB you'll notice that even though it's marked up ready for a 44-pin processor, there's a smaller processor covered in a glob installed instead. This would tend to imply that this remote uses a different processor than the Motorola HCS08 processor used in regular JP1.2 remotes, which would explain the new "JP1.3" demarcation.

So, it might take a while for us to come up with a good RDF for this.
Calimero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Package versus Die Reply with quote

Hi Robman,

Thank you for your reply.

Sometimes the board manufacturers use the KGD (Known Good Die) version of the same chip that is available in packaged parts. The die (chip) is the same. It is glued on the PCB, wirebonded to the PCB pads and covered with epoxy. Of course, there may be a possibility that they used a different pin compatible component. We don't know yet.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to hear some things about this new chip and it sounds like it's a Flash chip made by Samsung, which is good news because it means that it will use the same executors as regular JP1 remotes.

If I can cobble together a make-shift RDF for you, you can test out the theory by installing an upgrade that uses a new protocol.
Calimero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you Robman, sounds encouraging.
Calimero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Happy Holidays to Everyone and Thank You! Reply with quote

Many thanks to Binky who created a perfectly working RDF file for this remote that can be found at:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3953

The JP1.3 on this remote seems to work fine with JP1.2 interface.

Apparently, this remote does not have the learning hardware populated on the PCB but it has the learning software. To get arround the missing hardware:

1. Use an OFA URC-8820 or URC-10820 remote to learn the codes you are missing.
2. Connect the OFA remote to computer (JP1.2)
3. Download from remote using IR and save(optional if you don't close IR down) the IR file. Keep the IR on the screen.
4. Disconnect the OFA remote and connect the Atlas remote to the computer (JP1.3 working with JP1.2)
5. Open another instance of IR.exe and download from the Atlas remote but keep the first instance of IR with data from OFA on the screen.
6. With the 2 instances of ir on the screen, copy the keys in the Learn tab of IR with the OFA data to the Learn tab of the IR with the Atlas data.
7. Save the data in the Atlas IR (optional) and upload to remote.

This way I programmed 2 Atlas DVR Day from Cogeco to work with an INSIGNIA TV and a DAYTEK TV for which I couldn't find any codes anywhere.

Hope this helps. Once again, many thanks to Binky for the great work with the rdf file.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays to Everyone and Thank You! Reply with quote

Calimero wrote:
This way I programmed 2 Atlas DVR Day from Cogeco to work with an INSIGNIA TV and a DAYTEK TV for which I couldn't find any codes anywhere.

If you post the IR file with the learns for these devices (in seperate threads) I bet we can make upgrades for them, if we haven't done so already.

Are you going to try adding the learning components? If not, we can help you utilize that learning memory as upgrade memory, if you ever find yourself running short on upgrade space.
Calimero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: IR files Reply with quote

Hi Robman,

I have posted my ir files as per your suggestion in the diagnose area at:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3987

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: