JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What remote could replace my Emerson TC1993

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mudary

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: What remote could replace my Emerson TC1993 Reply with quote

Hi, first post on this message board. I have a Emerson TC 1993 TV with a 790-390241-26 remote. Most of the keys dont work, reason why, is I tried to clean the remote, bad idea. I tried the universal remotes, none worked. I think this remote is a 2 digit setup code, I could be wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Mudary
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of the remote's here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=413 will move you into the world of jp1. Then you can put up all your remotes and use just one. I like the 6131's But would reccomend the 8910 as well for the learning. If you do decide to go with one of those, I would get a jp1 cable at the same time.

If any of the universal remotes you have are ofa or radio shake try these codes. 0154, 0236, 0463, 0180, 0282, 0178, 0019, 0179, 0177, 0185, 0623
Mudary

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Emerson TC 1993 remote Reply with quote

Thank you whompus,
Do you know of any stores in Alberta, Canada who may sell those 2 remotes?

i got rid of the RS and universal remotes awhile back.
Thank you for you fast response.
Mudary
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ship to Canada.
whompus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob doesn't like to toot his own horn.

He ships to most of the world. His shipping is fast. And as you can see from the prices, he is not getting rich on remote sales. Just a means to support the site. He and his site will help you with any problems you may run into when setting up your remote.

So I say if a purchase is needed, make it from him.

JMHO
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If his original remote doesn't work anymore, learnng won't help him. I think he will need a setup code.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that this upgrade will work for him...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=901
Mudary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Emerson TC 1993 remote Reply with quote

I had lost the remote for a few days, now I have it, and it does turn the tv on and off, but i would like to record from the remote, but having some problems, my guess would be the built-in ir on the laptop. It is setup in the bios and the ir icon in the control panel does say something like, unable to get signal due to ir signals nearby. What program do you suggest in retieving those codes.
Thanks Mudary
Mudary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Emerson TC 1993 remote Reply with quote

UPDATE

I went and bought a cheap Nexxtech, and after fooling around with it, the code is 044. The remote I bought is also a learning remote, in case, the flipping though the codes didnt work. I appreciate your help. And ill contiune to be on this board.

Mudary
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Emerson TC 1993 remote Reply with quote

Mudary wrote:
... but i would like to record from the remote, but having some problems, my guess would be the built-in ir on the laptop. It is setup in the bios and the ir icon in the control panel does say something like, unable to get signal due to ir signals nearby. What program do you suggest in retieving those codes.

You're in the JP1 group. Here we "record" the signals from our remotes all the time. Using JP1 doesn't require a built-in IR nor does it require reconfiguring your BIOS, all you need is a $20 remote and a $15 cable, along with all the free JP1 software.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: