JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RS 15-2104

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bso8870

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: RS 15-2104 Reply with quote

I want to thank everyone for all there help. I have been lurking around for awhile and got a jp1 cable for christmas. I was able to program my 2104 for all my devices with macros. Even got my x10 to work with the IR543.

One question I have is, Am I able to program a macro on the theater button.

Thanks,
Mike
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not familiar with the 15-2104, but my best guess would be that you could do it with the 15-2104 extender.

You can always try to put a macro on that key directly using IR.exe, but if this fails I think you should try the extender. Make sure to read the instructions carefully before you set it up, and keep an IR.txt backup copy of your un-extended remote just in case you need it.

There are lots of advantages to using an extender, so even if you did not have this home theater button issue, you might want to try the extender. Mr. Green

Happy New Year!
JP1Files
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can program a macro on the theater button using the extender. Several of us using 2104's with the extender prefer to use the theater key as a shift key (instead of using the recessed P key), but with the extender you can use it any way you like.

Without the extender I'm only guessing. (The 2104 has so many stupid flaws without an extender that I wouldn't consider using it that way and never tried). My guess is that you can't program a macro to the theater key.
bso8870

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: rs2104 Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick replies. Which extender should I d/l. The link had several different ones.

Is there a sticky for the extender. I do not know anything about it, so I would like to read up on it.

Thanks,

Mike
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the 15-2104ex1_8 file and take a look at the included ReadMe.txt file for details on how it works.
bso8870

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Read readme and I am lost!!!! Reply with quote

I have read the readme of the extender for the 2104 and I am totally lost. Is there any other newbie info for the extenders. I read it and think it was way above my head. I totally understand the ir,km programs but this is greek to me.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: