JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Using JP1 with Slingplayer SW ver 1.4 or 1.3 ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donworks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
As users of the beta software, which I think has been made official already, are already aware, you can't use the old methods to add upgrades to your Slingbox.

I have been given the new procedure by the guys at Sling. You can still create your binary upgrade files just like you used to, but what you can't do is update the SBAV.cfg file so that it recognizes them. Instead, what you need to do is manually access the new code.

To do that, you start going through the normal procedure to activate a new code, but at the end of the process you select "other" and then you select the code that you created from the list.

For example, if you created a new binary file for your DirecTV box and you called it S1234_PL.bin, to activate it, you would select SAT > DirecTV > Other and then select S1234 from the list that pops up.

The reason you would select "DirecTV" before selecting "Other" is so that you use the DirecTV "skin".

As you can no longer edit the SBAV.cfg file, if you want to see the layout of the various "skins", here is an archived copy of the SBAV.cfg file...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2584

Hello Rob, in the new SW ver 1.4 or 1.3, whenever i try to load the bin files in alternative codes, there is always an error "operation failed, error 0x93260001" any idea where i cld have gone wrong?
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really hard to say from the info provided but some general things:
The obvious, put the bin into \SBAV directory.
The starting letter may be limited (ie "N" probably won't work).
Try importing the bin file back into RM and see if it still looks the same.
There are three versions (PL, JU, RV) did you pick the right one?
Try a different number code in RM (could conflict with a builtin number).
Your number might have to be under 2048.
You can only change numbers and types (Sat, DVD, Cbl, 2001, 2022 etc) within RM, not after exporting.
Rob's instructions are slightly off, the number has to be typed into the box, it will not appear in a dropdown list.
You could try and see if this one will load. I am currently running it on a Classic version with the PL chipset. You probably don't have an MVP to test it with but I can test at least do testing on it. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3860
donworks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the tip on creating new number codes. Using the RM and ADB cable Box files by Rob, I tried some obsure numbers (C1818) below 2048 as per advise fr Rob's Text and again by you (Tks) and Voila..it works ! although i tried like 5 to 6 times on new numbers with different method like autosign or manually assign buttons... usual error.... etc. Finally C1818 works. I suspect there might be conflicting bin files in the directory....

Damn..very tiring trying to get these to work... Now i will have to go back to sling community to help out similar folks wif the same box out there !
Cheers Mate ! Kudos to Rob & Steve !
donworks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Wikipedia for JP1 forum ? Reply with quote

hello Rob, I was thinking, wouldn't the above easier to summarize the vast info in this forum? It will definitely be a boost for JP1 !
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: