JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote Control Code for ADB (YES Israel)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is NEC1, device 132, subdevice 60.

The Hex cmd is the last two digits of each function line.

That would be easy to put into RemoteMaster.

Maybe it is already posted. I haven't checked yet for upgrades with NEC1:132.60

electrician wrote:
SO DO you think it can be converted into a sling file?

Easily. But notice how many functions have unusual names (names that don't appear on a typical universal remote).

I don't know how button naming works in the Slingbox virtual remote. But unless it is very flexible, you'll need to make some decisions about which function names go to which button names. That is best done yourself, rather than having someone else do it for you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: what do u think/ Reply with quote

electrician wrote:
SO DO you think it can be converted into a sling file?

Absolutely, I just didn't have time to do it earlier.

Here's a KM file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3873

And here's an RM file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3874

I haven't assigned any of the unusual buttons that John just spoke about (ie, envelope, etc) so you'll have to figure out where you want to put those functions yourself.
electrician

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: bin? Reply with quote

is'nt it supposed to be in a .Bin file format to fit in the sbav folder of sling , and if not? what number do you input for the remote on the selection,
BY the way i am totaly appriciative of you doing this
thank you
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is supposed to be a .bin file when you're done.

But you need to do the button assignments first.

On RM's buttons sheet, you can see what I think is a list of the buttons in the Slingbox's virtual remote. You can see a list of functions. You can see which functions Rob assigned to which buttons. You can see which functions aren't assigned to buttons, and you can see which buttons have no functions.

You can select a button and change its function, or you can select a function and drag it onto a button (same result, just your choice of UI to do it).

After you have all the functions that you would ever want to use assigned to what you consider reasonable buttons, THEN you want to produce the .bin file (which is a choice on one of RM's menus (I forget which). You also want to save the modified .rmdu file in case after testing you discover a few more changes you wanted.
electrician

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also noticed that most of the files existing in the SBAV file are in a bin file format and the end of thier file name ends with a _JU or _PL and starts with one letter and four digits

i tried inputting the files you uploaded YES_ADB3100_(Israel).rmdu but when configering the selectionon the sling settings to select a remote it cannot be inputed, i tried ADB3100, (no go) i tried B3100 (no go) i tried just 3100 (nothing ) , but if you input another remote code for another box (example: i have a sat box "extreme view sat with a code of S2001 and it takes it ) its also in a bin file.
electrician

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: sorry for the last response Reply with quote

sorry for the last response, i did'nt see you last post , i will take a look at the Text file and try to assign the buttons ,thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the sticky thread at the top of this forum for more info.
electrician

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: looked at it Reply with quote

hi John : i took a look at the text file to see what was functional and what is not , i also had a friend try out a few buttons to see if they were accutualy fuctional on the remote itself:

Buttons that need to be functional:
1.all numeric numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 (this is a sat box that let you input up to 3 digits ) example channel 125 is Fox news
2. channel up, down
3.volume up,down
4. all arrows up,down,left right
5. guide button
6.enter button
7.info button
8.power button
9.tv/video button
10.mute
11.exit
12.return (would be used as a jump button)
13. you can subsitute all other buttons if you run out of buttons for the dvr buttons on the sling because this sat box is not capable of dvr options and recording
14.menu

Buttons that dont need to be functional:

1. orange, blue, yellow, green
2.envolop. (although if you have aviallable space on the dvr options in the sling remote you are welcome to fit anywhere)
3.stop, rewind, play,foward (same as above)
4.sleep
5.pause (same as above)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you're not yet using RemoteMaster.

What's the problem?

It really makes more sense for you to do these last steps yourself in RM rather than describe what you would like done.

If there is a real problem with that, someone will either help you through the problem or do it for you. But first you should try using RemoteMaster yourself.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: looked at it Reply with quote

electrician wrote:
you can subsitute all other buttons if you run out of buttons for the dvr buttons on the sling because this sat box is not capable of dvr options and recording ... although if you have aviallable space on the dvr options in the sling remote you are welcome to fit anywhere

This sure sounds like you're expecting someone else to do the programming for you. The people who have been aswering your questions here are not employees of Sling Media or YES, we're all just regular folk who volunteer our time to help others get their remotes and Slingboxes working. In other words, it's a DIY effort.

We have given you the tools that allow you to create your own custom upgrades. If you read the information in the sticky thread at the top of this forum, you'll see how to do that with regards to the Slingbox. For more JP1 specific info, read this:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/rm/
winzy54

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,
first of all thank you to everyone who helps us here....
i am trying to use RM to create the bin file.
first it ask me to choose a remote i picked Sky, does it mater whcih one i take?
secondly, when i open the file from The Robman YES_ADB3100_(Israel).rmdu
i have notice that some buttons are not "right" 1 is 0 and so on, is that ok. or i should change that? or which remote to choose that it will be right?

thank you.
electrician

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Winzey54 , please keep me updated if you manage to create a bin file and i will do the same , i am flying in two weeks and i can put it to the test on my YES box
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, please confirm that you have read both the RM help doc that I posted earlier and the sticky at the top of this forum. I'm guessing from your questions that you have not read these two documents.

Once you confirm that you have read them, it will be alot easier for us to help you.
electrician

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John or Rob , i have spent some time today on revising the RMDU file you sent me , i used the sky satellite remote template that comes with RemoteMaster , i just need help on making it a bin file now , here is the link on the revised buttons http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3876
winzy54

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,
i have read the 2 documents, but when i try to Select "Advanced" menu option, in the RM i dont have the option of choosing "Export Binary Upgrade". its gray and therefore i can't choose it.
any idea why?
i did the following.
open YES_ADB3100S_(Israel).rmdu, then it says it cant find the remote "Slingbox with UEI PL Chip" so i choose a different remote, (SKY)
and then i go to the advance menu but i cant click on the export binary upgrade.

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: