JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung HLS-4666W DLP TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kshoemaker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Samsung HLS-4666W DLP TV Reply with quote

1. Device: Samsung HLS-4666W
2. Type of device: DLP TV
3. Year: 2006
4. UEI Remote model: URC-6131 w/Extender
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes, parallel
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? TV/0060
10. Learning remote question?

Got a new TV and have mostly reprogrammed my 6131 w/all the discretes for the new set. I've also added an antenna to my config for OTA HD channels. This TV has 2 antenna inputs, but I can't seem to switch between them, not even w/the source button. There are discretes for switching source (component, s-video, hdmi, antenna) but there is only 1 antenna placeholder. I have to switch to antenna then use the menus to swap between air and cable inputs.

I wrote a macro (menu, down, down, down, select, select down, exit) that works but its just not as elegant as a discrete. Does anyone know if there is a way to switch between air/cable more directly?

Thanks.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a matching set but I learned some commands from a Samsung remote a while back. The antenna A/B command on the OEM remote was OBC 115 (this was a NECx2 protocol with dev7 and subdev7). "Source" was OBC36and "Menu" was OBC26 on the remote I had: for a point of reference as to whether my learns would apply to your set.

Air vs Cable will probably be impossible unless you find a hidden discrete command. (Sony has one) As another point of reference: Cable channel 70 is almost exactly the same frequency as UHF channel 19. After I switch antenna inputs on my Sony I added 70, 76, 82, 94, 103 for UHF 19, 25, 31, 43, 47. Note the change in numbering around 98 - 100. This will only work if the set has a well designed AFC tuning circuit.

Some HD sets can automatically switch to "Air" for the second input if set up that way but I doubt if any of the Korean ones do. Some sets lock out the second antenna if you have a cablecard in the set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: