JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Using the Pause "device" in the 2116/2117 ext2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Using the Pause "device" in the 2116/2117 ext2 Reply with quote

I can't seem to get this to work. It probably something stupid(as my other issues have been), but anyway. What I did was set up a keymove to use CBL/phantom2 and used the 1104 device and set the hex to $30 for 3 second delay. Then I use that phantom key in my macro, but it has no effect.

One of my questions is, is a phantom key global or attached to the CBL, that I used when I defined it? Because, in a macro, I can't select CBL/phantom2, as a key in my macro, just a key "phantom2". Are they one in the same?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Using the Pause "device" in the 2116/2117 exte Reply with quote

Chuck_IV wrote:
Then I use that phantom key in my macro, but it has no effect.

One of my questions is, is a phantom key global or attached to the CBL, that I used when I defined it? Because, in a macro, I can't select CBL/phantom2, as a key in my macro, just a key "phantom2". Are they one in the same?

You need to temporarily set the CBL device in your macro before calling the phantom key since it's bound to the CBL button. I've never used the 2116 extender, so I'm not sure of the exact steps required.
wwwoholic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Using the Pause "device" in the 2116/2117 exte Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
You need to temporarily set the CBL device in your macro before calling the phantom key since it's bound to the CBL button. I've never used the 2116 extender, so I'm not sure of the exact steps required.

Something like DEV_CBL, phantom2. You put those DEV_* keys into your macro just as any other keys, but extender recognizes them as commands and temporary changes current device. I hope we're talking extender2 here.
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Using the Pause "device" in the 2116/2117 exte Reply with quote

wwwoholic wrote:
Mark Pierson wrote:

Something like DEV_CBL, phantom2. You put those DEV_* keys into your macro just as any other keys, but extender recognizes them as commands and temporary changes current device. I hope we're talking extender2 here.

Yes, sorry, my topic header got cut off. Ok, I think I see, I need to load the cbl device first. I'll give that a shot tonight.

Thanx.
acii

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Using the Pause "device" in the 2116/2117 exte Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, sorry, my topic header got cut off. Ok, I think I see, I need to load the cbl device first. I'll give that a shot tonight.

Thanx.

Chuck: Any luck with the "pause" portocol here? With all the magic this extender has performed, I seem to be having the same problem inserting a pause.

Thanks

Alan
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Using the Pause "device" in the 2116/2117 exte Reply with quote

acii wrote:
Quote:

Thanx.

Chuck: Any luck with the "pause" portocol here? With all the magic this extender has performed, I seem to be having the same problem inserting a pause.

Thanks

Alan

I haven't had a chance to try it just yet. I will probably try it tonight, along with trying to find a button code for my Hughes HTL-HD receiver.
acii

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Using the Pause "device" in the 2116/2117 exte Reply with quote

Quote:

I haven't had a chance to try it just yet. I will probably try it tonight, along with trying to find a button code for my Hughes HTL-HD receiver.

FWIW I replaced the extender 2 Pause protocol with Rob's older Pause Protocol in the Yahoo JP1 Special Protocols Folder and had no problem implementing pauses.

Alan
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Using the Pause "device" in the 2116/2117 exte Reply with quote

acii wrote:
Quote:

FWIW I replaced the extender 2 Pause protocol with Rob's older Pause Protocol in the Yahoo JP1 Special Protocols Folder and had no problem implementing pauses.

Alan

Hmm, maybe I'll try that since I did try a bit, yesterday and had no luck at all.

Can you post your code in the diagnostics section, so I can see if my macro is done right?

Thanx
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a followup, I did the same as you acii. I replaced the pause protocol, already in the extrender2 with Rob's older pause protocol and without changing anything, my macro suddenly worked.

Whoever maintains the extender2, I would like to suggest taking a look at the current $1F8 Pause protocol, within extender2, and see if something is amiss.
wwwoholic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck_IV wrote:
Whoever maintains the extender2, I would like to suggest taking a look at the current $1F8 Pause protocol, within extender2, and see if something is amiss.

I had no problem using pause protocol in extender2. And here is a quote from the readme.txt:
This extender includes the following special protocols:
MISC/1103, portocol 1FC = Device specific Macro
MISC/1104, protocol 1FB = Pause
MISC/1106, protocol 1F9 = Long/Double Key Press
MISC/1107, protocol 1F8 = Custom Mode Name
MISC/1800, protocol 181 = ToadTog
Note, that pause protocol is 1FB, and setup code you would be calling in keymove is 1104.
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwwoholic wrote:
Chuck_IV wrote:

I had no problem using pause protocol in extender2. And here is a quote from the readme.txt:
This extender includes the following special protocols:
MISC/1103, portocol 1FC = Device specific Macro
MISC/1104, protocol 1FB = Pause
MISC/1106, protocol 1F9 = Long/Double Key Press
MISC/1107, protocol 1F8 = Custom Mode Name
MISC/1800, protocol 181 = ToadTog
Note, that pause protocol is 1FB, and setup code you would be calling in keymove is 1104.

Whoops, that should say 1FB, sorry. I was calling 1104, from the beginning(I also use custom mode names). To get it to work, all i did was remove the $1FB protocol and install the old pause protocol in place of it, as $1FB. I never touched my macro and the pause worked beautifully.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: