JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help With PrediWave PDV4100 - IR blaster 2 JU Slingbox Pro
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hjeng

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Help With PrediWave PDV4100 - IR blaster 2 JU Slingbox Pro Reply with quote

PrediWave PDV4100

not sure what it uses, prediWave webiste has
PDV4103 which uses Philips RC-5..

is there anyway to control this PDV-4100 with
Slingbox?

thanks for the help
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just emailed PrediWave to see if they are willing to supply the code info, if they're a good company they will.
hjeng

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: any good news from them? Reply with quote

any good news from PrediWave?
hjeng

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: simple learning remote Reply with quote

Since I do have the remote that come with the machine. Is there a anyway to get the IR code? I mean is there any IR hardware and software I can set up to recognize the IR remote code?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) If they really use RC-5, maybe it is easier to experiment.

I assume the device has digit functions.

Almost all RC-5 code sets use the standard OBC numbers for digit functions. So you just need to find the device number.

Probably you could kludge an upgrade that would let you test one digit OBC in all RC-5 device codes. Once you have the device code, you can test the other way to find missing functions.

2) There is definitely IR hardware and software you could get to recognise the IR remote code:

A) A JP1 or JP1.2 learning remote and corresponding cable. Then use the JP1 software to decode learned signals.

B) Almost any three pin IR detector chip and the captureIR software. That is almost certainly your lowest parts cost option (the detector chip and a DB25 connector), but you need to do a little soldering.

C) Almost any IR receive device for a PC plus the free LIRC software (check that there is LIRC support for the hardware you choose, but there is LIRC support for most IR receive devices made for PC's). Then any of the experts here can figure out the codes from an lirc file (from training LIRC from the original remote).

I think choice (B) is by far the best: Lowest cost AND easiest to use.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: any good news from them? Reply with quote

hjeng wrote:
any good news from PrediWave?

Nope
hjeng

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: laptop/Pocket PC with IR receiver? Reply with quote

I have a pocket pc that has a built-in IR port, and
also both of my laptops(one mac and one pc) comes with IR port, will those work? If so, what is the software that I can use to capture the remote codes?

thanks for the help!
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: laptop/Pocket PC with IR receiver? Reply with quote

hjeng wrote:
I have a pocket pc that has a built-in IR port, and
also both of my laptops(one mac and one pc) comes with IR port, will those work? If so, what is the software that I can use to capture the remote codes?

I don't know, and the JP1 forums aren't a great place for asking that question.

Some LIRC forum might be better, or I don't know where.

If you manage to capture the signals in some form, I probably can help you translate that to JP1.
hjeng

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: translating to JP1 Reply with quote

I finally get a chance to record the buttons.

(0-9, up down left right, enter, info, guide, and menu.

so is there anyway to get this to translate to JP1 and work with slingbox?

http://www.hansonweb.com/prediwave.rcdev

thanks for the help
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: translating to JP1 Reply with quote

hjeng wrote:
so is there anyway to get this to translate to JP1 and work with slingbox?
http://www.hansonweb.com/prediwave.rcdev

Possibly, but I don't think anyone here knows what a rcdev file is, so we wouldn't know how to get the data that we need from it.

Your easiest option would probably be to buy a JP1 learning remote and cable, then you could learn the signals yourself to see what protocol and device codes they really use. I can sell you a URC-8910 for $20 and a JP1 cable for $15. Domestic shipping is $4 and international shipping is usually $9.50.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at your .rcdev file. The format was not obvious. I don't think it would be possible to deduce the format from one sample of unknown signals.

I did a google search to try to figure out what .rcdev format was. I found info on the "Total Remote" software. Is that what you're using? But that info did not include the format of the .rcdev file.

You might try asking customer support for Total Remote if they will help (documentation of .rcdev format or tools to translate to some other format). I wouldn't expect to get help that way, but it doesn't take much effort to ask and you might get help.
http://www.griffintechnology.com/support/totalremote/

Also, you may understand the Total Remote "CCF mode" better than I did from the documentation. If learned signals can be written back to a CCF file then you can use the DecodeCCF program to convert the CCF file to a form usable in JP1. The Total Remote documentation indicates it can read CCF files and it lets you learn over the learned signals of a CCF file (to keep the graphics but replace the signals from the CCF). It doesn't explicitly say you can write the result back as a CCF. But if you can that is an easy path to JP1 format.
hjeng

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: CCF file Reply with quote

I think their file format might have something to do with their skin. Thanks for the help, I will check if there's a way to get the ccf file,or is there other format that will work with JP1? if not, I will order them. Where do I order?

thanks

Hanson
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: CCF file Reply with quote

hjeng wrote:
I will check if there's a way to get the ccf file,or is there other format that will work with JP1? if not, I will order them. Where do I order?

Follow the link in my signature.
hjeng

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: prediwave ccf files Reply with quote

here's the file:
http://www.hansonweb.com/prediwave.zip

I believe the ir code learned is in /IRCodes/TV/Sony

I have
0-9
channel + -
up down left right and enter
recorded.

thanks again

Hanson
hjeng

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: prediwave Reply with quote

so without buying a remote...........no one will answer this thread anymore?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: