JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Digiturk DCR OPTV 3900 codes ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkerem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Again,

I work, read more about jp1. Expecially help files like "jp1 for biggenners" and "jp-1" easy.

I have opened file : http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3837 with Keymap Master. Choose my remote. Then copy-paste the device upgrade codes and protocol codes to IR.Exe
And send ( upload data) to my remote. But it did not work out.

I guess it's the same problem as Ozcet has as written above.
But I did not understand how to use the below two files which worked for ozcet.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3844
and
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3845

B.Regards
B.Kerem
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those files are for use with the RemoteMaster program, rather than KeymapMaster.

RemoteMaster (RM) and KeymapMaster (KM) are two different programs that accomplish the same thing. (RM LOOKS completely different, and - according to some opinions - may be easier to use due to a different user interface, and will ultimately be more capable, including as an IR.exe replacement, but some of that is not yet fully developed)

Although you can open a KM file in RM, unfortunately you cannot open an RM file in KM. So to use those files you must download and install the RM program, which requires you to download and install the (free) Java Runtime Environment (JRE).

There is an alternate Beginner's Readme that discusses RM rather than KM.

Once you install RM, those files will work just fine for you.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkerem wrote:
Hello Again,

I work, read more about jp1. Expecially help files like "jp1 for biggenners" and "jp-1" easy.

I have opened this KM file with Keymap Master. Choose my remote. Then copy-paste the device upgrade codes and protocol codes to IR.Exe and send ( upload data) to my remote. But it did not work out.

I guess it's the same problem as Ozcet has as written above.
But I did not understand how to use the below two files which worked for ozcet: RM file and Slingbox file

B.Regards
B.Kerem

This is not the same as Ozcet's issue. The upgrade that I created (the first file that you linked to) is a KM file, but as he wanted to load the upgrade into his Slingbox, he needed to use RM. In doing so he uncovered a bug in RM which has subsequently been fixed. The 2nd file that you linked to is his RM file and the 3rd file is the Slingbox binary file, which is of no use to you.

If you used the KM file to program your URC-9960 remote and it didn't work, the most likely reason is user error on your part. For us to be able to see what you did wrong, we would need to see your IR file, but I think the most likely reason is that you simply didn't assign your new upgrade to any of the device buttons.
bkerem

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies.

Robman, I am sure that I did not assign upgrade to any of the device buttons. I simply copy-paste the codes to IR.exe and then upload directly to remote.
I will try to find out how to assing the buttons. But before that I will read help files "jp1 for biggenners" and "jp-1 easy" more carefully. Hope I will solve this time.

If it will not work, I will save and put my IR file on internet and give link here and ask again for your help.

I will even write positive or negative...

Thanks again

B.Regards
B.Kerem
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkerem wrote:
Robman, I am sure that I did not assign upgrade to any of the device buttons. I simply copy-paste the codes to IR.exe and then upload directly to remote.

Then there's absolutely no way the upgrade COULD have worked. When you add an upgrade, you are simply adding another setup code to the list of codes supported by the remote. If you want to actually USE the code, you would need to assign it to a device button, just like you would if you wanted to use one of the built-in codes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: