JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Philips 32PF9731D LCD TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joedaring

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again!

I'm monitoring closely the thread, because I would like to solve the issue as soon as possible... I don't like the original remote staying around for too long: it is nice and stylish, but I can't use any Remote protector with it, and with the kid roaming around it may have a short life! Wink

So, thanks again for keeping an eye on the thread you too!

Greg, I definitely HAVE the "Include embedded notes in upgrades (requires IR 5.01 or later)" box CHECKED! I know that notes are very valuable even for myself, to make sure I don't forget some details with time... And, you know what? When I import the RM upgrade into IR I DO HAVE the notes carried over to IR! Oh! Finally something that works with my software and NOT with yours! Smile

Jokes apart, greg... I see from your notes (!) that your RM version is 1.69... mine is 1.68... doest this make any difference with regard to the "18" instead of "19" in the generated upgrade? Or is it still an issue related to the RDF?

Also, Binky123 and others:
Quote:
The RDF digitmaps section should be updated to be:

Code:

[DigitMaps]
072 048 053 094 092 003 302 303 090 044 046 086 087 010 187 188
058 083 147 011 126 023 081 016 001 127 034 032 021 075 033 030
029 295 301 064 013 091 270 271 199 200 209 210 145 170 131 093
141 208 212 278 279

Some of the 2-byte digitmaps were missing the second index entry.

Should I edit the RDF file again with this new Digitmaps section, or should I wait for a new KASAKAS0 RDF (and eventually protocol.ini) to be released?

If it is something easy that I can nderstand (...and I doubt it...) what should change for me by using that new DigitMaps section?

Wow! I owe you quite a couple of beers guys! Smile

Especially if I consider that the 9960 B01 is not one of the most loved remotes in this forum and there aren't so many around!

'til the next posts, have fun!
Ciao... Joe
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who maintains that particular RDF but you should update your RDF. The number 18hex and 19hex are indexes into the digitmap array. The new and correct array adds the number 303 after the number 302. You want to use the 001 map so that has shifted over to index 19hex.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joedaring wrote:

About the RDF... a while ago I edited it manually as per the following post found in another thread:

That post was hard to find. I wish this forum had slightly better search tools. Anyway, it was
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=45993#45993

Mike England wrote:
This should be included in the next RDF release.

I can confirm THAT version of the DigitMaps is wrong and causes the observed problem.

I have updated my rdf to the version binky123 just posted. That has no obvious problems and it generates the correct upgrade in this case.

How do we get Binky123's version into the official RDF?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it was a problem with the DigitMaps section of the RDF after all.

joedaring, the .ir files that you posted links to don't have any notes in them at all. None. I don't know how that happened, but that's why I made that comment.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
joedaring

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: A suggestion for .pcf decoding? Reply with quote

Hi Greg,
Yes, this last problem with the number keys not working even after the correct external 0058 protocol was generated and imported in IR was indeed related to a faulty DigitMaps section... actually an error induced by manually editing the RDF to replace the original, incomplete DigitMaps with a newer, more complete but nevertheless faulty Digitmaps, and this was a suggestion found elsewhere in this forum...

Still, the original problem, with ALL the keys non-functional, seems to be due to an incorrect interretation of what type of RC6 protocol is built in the 9960 B01 remote... this has been circumvented thanks to the suggestions Mark posted earlier in this same thread, but, I believe, still requires a permanent fix to RM or protocol.ini, I'm not sure, to correctly use the internal 0058 protocol in this remote freeing the memory currently occupied by the protocol upgrade.

On a different note, more in tune with this "code search" area, I would like to take advance of the attention I drew on this thread and ask one more question... I've found some useful discrete codes in this Pronto .PCF file, and would like to add them to the upgrade for later use in macros.
http://www.pronto.philips.com/library/downloads/2004-05%20TV%20Discrete%20Codes.zip

it is a .pcf file, not a .ccf... what can I do to extract the useful JP1 info?

I've been able to guess at the power-on and power-off keys, but haven't been able to do the same for the discrete input codes... I suspect they use a device different that the "0" I've met so far in my TV codes, but don't know how to decode the learnt codes contained in the .pcf (which, BTW, I open with ProntoProEdit NG program). I know they are RC5, but the OBCs should be the same (Hope I'm not doing blasphemy here! Wink ).

OK... all for now guys... going to bed now: I've to wake-up early tomorrow for work... good news, eh? I won't bother you for not less than 15-20 Hours... isn't that great? Wink)

Have a good night everybody... joe
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the DigitMaps error; I should have posted this correction. Embarassed

The utility I use to generate the DigitMaps section was in the process of being modified for the 2-byte entries at the time I posted the previous update, and as you can see, it still had some bugs.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM v1.69 adds variant 2 of RC-6 (PID 0058), which is present in the 9960B01.

In combination with the corrected DigitMaps section in the RDF, it should solve your problems.

Note that when you open your current RM upgrade in v1.69, it'll still be using the wrong version of RC-6. You can either change the remote to something else (the regular 9960 for example) and back again, or manually change the protocol to the othe RC-6, which will be listed between RC-5x and RC6-6-32.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
joedaring

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all... I'm back again! Smile

Mike, no need to apologize, at least for what I'm concerned...
You all JP1 expert guys in this forum are doing a hell of a job with these little remotes... it is a huge engineering (...and sometimes reverse-engineering Smile ) effort and its "guess-and-try" nature makes very easy for errors to creep-in. It's only WHO does or makes things that can do or make them wrong... the ones that do or make nothing just can't wrong...

So thanks for working on this stuff everybody!

Greg, THANKS a lot for the new RM version and for the suggestions... I'll be trying it as soon as I get home later, but I'm sure it is OK and I can finally build a proper upgrade for my new TV...

Now, if I only could get LKP/DKP and a bit more memory on this remote Wink HINT HINT! Nils, are you there???Wink

Oh! BTW, I owe you all my apologies for not making easier for you to track and nail down the cause of this issue... giving you a note-less IR dump was not very kind, I realize! Sad

I believe it just happened because I upload (both times!) the IR download just dumped from the remote, instead of the source I use for uploads Embarassed . Of course, notes are lost going throgh the remote: this is something I'll remember next time! Sorry again!

A *BIG* THANK YOU to everybody that contributed to the happy end of this thread!

Ciao and have a great weekend!

Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: