JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Slingbox AV and JP1 programming

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicopost01

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: New Slingbox AV and JP1 programming Reply with quote

Does anybody know how to do remote programming the new Slingbox AV ? I cannot find the SABV.cfg file, and my serial number starts with I246. Which remote chip do I have ? IR Blaster version is 2. Has anybody done a custom remote with JP1 for the new Slingbox AV and can give some information on how to do this ?

Thanks
Nico
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read the "Sticky" on the process? (the whole thread, it's short) http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5586
IR Blaster 2.0 is supposed to be a JU type of hardware but if you're uncertain, you can create all three types (of bin files), put them in the \SBAV directory and the Sling setup will pick the right one when you enter the number in the box marked "alternative code" when you select "Other" during setup.

There are ideas in a number of threads like this one. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7095

The software is the determining factor in setup method and they seem to be still using the UEI hardware. (new software: no .cfg file needed)
mikemcgo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Slingbox Pro. I am using Slingplayer 1.4.0.195. The IR Blaster version is 2, not 2.0 or 2.1, but "2". I used RemoteMaster 1.71 to create a .bin file. The JU version of the file didn't work, but the PL version did.

The remote image on the Layout tab of RemoteMaster doesn't match the remote images from Slingplayer. The images are:

The first image is used when the device is a generic DVD player, the second is used for all other generic device types (Cable Box, DVR, Miscellaneous, Satellite). Is it possible to choose which image RemoteMaster displays (including device specific images like the Tivo Peanut remote)?

In the upper right corner of the images there are up and down arrows to switch to different panels of the remote. Is there a way to enable these to get access to more buttons?

Keep up the good work!
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we have access to the images that Sling uses. If it is possible to create new skins then there might be a way but that is beyond my interest and ability.

Additional commands can be accessed with the dropdown menus. (all those dots at the bottom of the RemoteMapMaster image?)

I gave up trying to pick the correct version (PL, JU, RV) when creating bins. I just do all three and zip them together. Instruct to put all three in the directory and setup seems to find the correct one.
Grampa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod7501 wrote:
I gave up trying to pick the correct version (PL, JU, RV) when creating bins. I just do all three and zip them together. Instruct to put all three in the directory and setup seems to find the correct one.

I didn't see the RV type, just the PL and JU. Is there some other file I need to load? I did notice that the Slingbox seems to accept the PL but not the JU even though I have IR blaster version 2.

Steve, if you have any thoughts about how to choose the right protocol when saving a .bin file, I would really appreciate your taking a look at the question I posted Sunday regarding my LG player (I'm not hijacking this thread, just trying to get someone's attention).
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RV is for the PAL European version. The RFD for the RV is not in the package that you downloaded. (available seperately) I would not worry about it unless you are in the UK. Since I've made bins for people that I have no knowledge of their whereabouts, I usually do all three for uploads.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the RV Slingbox uses a different generic remote image, someone can create an image and map file for it (see these instructions), then change the RDF to reference the new image file.

There is a way to use a different skin for different device types (TV, DVD, VCR, etc.). Take a look at the URC-8206 RDF and associated map files for an example of this.

There is no way to change the skin arbitrarily, to match the specific device being controlled.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: