JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Button Mapping Error?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gotok

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Button Mapping Error? Reply with quote

I have been able to use IR and RM to create a custom remote for my Slingplayer. It mostly works, but I have a problem with a few buttons. The mapping between the RM and Slingplayer remotes seems to be incorrect for some buttons. The Menu button is one example. If I define a menu function (in Functions tab of RM) and assign it to the Menu button (in Buttons tab of RM), then in the Layout tab of RM the menu function is shown as assigned to the Menu button (i.e. Menu = menu is shown when the cursor is placed over the Menu button). However, when this custom remote is loaded into Slingplayer, the Menu button on the Slingplayer remote is not active. I read in some other thread that the Setup button in RM maps to the Menu button in Slingplayer. Therefore, I removed the Menu button assignment in RM, and in the Buttons tab I assigned the menu function to the Setup button. The Menu button in the RM layout tab is then shown as unassigned, but when the custom remote is loaded into Slingplayer, then the Menu button on the Slingplayer remote performs the menu function. Is this just an error in the JP1 files, or is there some explanation for this behavior?

The Menu vs Setup discrepancy is no problem since the mapping is known. I have also found that the Page- Button in RM maps to the Page Up button on the Slingplayer remote. However, I have not been able to determine what button (if any) in RM maps to the Page Down button in Slingplayer. (It is not Page+) Does anyone know the answer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: