JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

semi-mute macro?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have quite a complicated way of using this special protocol, so I think we should first determine whether the problem is in the protocol or in your setup.

Before we start, I should point out that you don't have to use a separate upgrade in order to use the special protocol that I wrote. All normal buttons will still work normally with this protocol, the only buttons that will repeat 7 times are the ones where you added 32 to the OBC. So my first recommendation would be to just add the two new volume buttons to your existing upgrade (maybe on the PAGE UP/DOWN buttons).

Next, to test the upgrade, try adding it as a regular upgrade assigned to a regular device button (without multiplexors, etc) and verify that it works. If it doesn't, describe what happens, do regular buttons work but the new volume buttons don't, etc? If it works, then try incorporating it into your extender setup. If it doesn't work now, it's probably got something to do with your setup.
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think my setup was the cause of it not working. Like I said it would cause the receiver to display the volume so it was clearly doing the command I was assigning it to do. Nevertheless it's a good idea to simplify, so I've done that.

I didn't know I could put them on my real device code, so I've done that (is there a way to edit the device so that it uses protocol 15a? I had to edit the copy/paste text by hand).

I then got rid of the multiplexor and confirmed that the device is working, but the repeater buttons (day +/-) only increase/decrease the volume by 1. I am guessing that it did the same thing yesterday but somehow I didn't notice the increase/decrease (first time you hit vol +/- it actually does nothing other than display the volume).

Here is the new IR that reflects what I've described. Any further ideas on why it's not repeating would be appreciated. Smile

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6788
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShanMan wrote:
I didn't know I could put them on my real device code, so I've done that (is there a way to edit the device so that it uses protocol 15a? I had to edit the copy/paste text by hand).

from this post on page 1:
The Robman wrote:
... to test it, go ahead and create your upgrade in the normal manner, except in the "Parm (hex)" cell in KM you can enter the number of repeats that you want to send. Remember this is a hex value, so enter 2 digits (eg, 08 rather than 8) and for numbers greater than 9 use hex (eg, enter 0A rather than 10).

To make a button send the extended signal, just add 32 to it's OBC

When you copy the upgrade over to IR, you need to manually check the "Protocol > FF" check box.

Could you try testing the upgrade without using the extender, it's possible that the extender is changing the way protocols repeat.
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen references to that checkbox, but for some reason I don't see it in the edit or add device dialogs. I see the spot where it normally appears in pictures I've seen of it, but for me it is just blank space (nothing there).

I'll have to think about getting the extender off of there. For some reason, I had so much trouble getting the extender to load properly the first time (following the instructions!), that I'm afraid I'd have trouble getting it to work again. Plus there were a couple points in time where I thought I might have bricked it. So I need to decide whether this is worth the risk of possibly having to waste 2 hours trying to get the extender off and then back on there.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShanMan wrote:
I've seen references to that checkbox, but for some reason I don't see it in the edit or add device dialogs. I see the spot where it normally appears in pictures I've seen of it, but for me it is just blank space (nothing there).
The Atlas OCAP is one of the newer remotes that includes the high-byte of the PID in the upgrade itself, so the Protocol>FF checkbox does not show up in IR. Instead, edit the first byte of the the upgrade, which will be 00, to be 01.
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's what I've been doing. Would be nice if I could do this in KM so I only have to do it once, but no big deal. Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize that you didn't get the checkbox with the Atlas, so sorry about that. If you want to take care of this in KM, switch over to "Manual Settings" mode, enter the fixed data as raw data and select LSB-COMP as the signal style.

I was also forgetting that this is a Flash remote, so switching back and forth with the extender is a bit more complicated. (With an EEPROM remote, it's as simple as loading a new IR file).

I don't know why the protocol works on a regular EEPROM remote but doesn't work in your remote, but maybe Mike or someone else has an idea.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what you can try without ripping out the extender.
1. In KM take your Yamaha receiver upgrade, CD/1176, and to it add those two repeating volume functions.
2. Assign those functions to some buttons you can press or use shift-vol+ and shift-vol-.

Then,
3. in IR delete your CD/1176 device as well as CD/1045 but leave protocol 015A there.
4. Paste back the CD/1176 upgrade you just edited above changing the protocol to 015A the way Mike said.

You will effectively kill the existing 005A connection because, 3 years later, I too see that the keymoves aren't needed (works for me both for Yamaha and PanasonicCombo IN EXTENDER).

5. Upload to the remote
6. Test by pressing the new buttons.

The point of doing it this way is that you will avoid the issue of multiplex with keymoves.
Your file is very complicated and you appear to be using some experimental extender and I don't have your remote, so all this is big guesswork how to get you closer. I was under the impression all along we were dealing with 9910 Sad
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooops! Rob, I gather I was typing the reply at the same time Sad

Let me take the opportunity to thank you once more for the protocols and subsequent clarifications. For the record - miniupgrade for keymoves isn't needed, both Yamaha and Panasonic can include the flagged functions in the main upgrade so long as the protocol is changed for the whole thing. And it works for me both in 6131 and 8910 extenders. But this OCAP stuff is different.
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz, yeah, that's basically what I did today but no repeating occurs - just a single up or down.

It's not an experimental extender - it's an experimental IR file. I made a copy of my real one because I want to feel free to do whatever is necessary to try to get this to work without fear of screwing up my real IR file. If and when this works, I would then implement it in my real one.

As for the 9910, that was my old remote. Sorry if I neglected to give you information that would have helped you.

I might buy a second Atlas remote as a backup since they're so cheap. If I do, I will certainly try the repeater before I upload the extender. Also I might try it on my 9910. Hopefully the parallel port in my new computer won't give me any trouble if I do (I have a home made parallel cable for my older remotes).
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.
How about you post your KM upgrade file, IR file, plus instructions which button to press to be in receiver (Yamaha tuner) mode (CD/1176), and which buttons to press for vol+ vol- and the repeating vol buttons.

Perhaps someone who has your remote AND the widget with IRscope can check whether the repeats are taking place. If they are then Rob might tweak it more to make your tuner work.

Also, identify your remote exactly so that a correct RDF file will come in. I see there are 3 of those Atlas remotes, and I gather you're using the middle one for JP1.3.

Question: When you say the volume displays, does it display a number that indicates a lower/higher volume and you just don't hear the volume change?
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay... been too busy the last week.

Here is my ir plus km file. The remote is a 1056b01, the receiver device is on the aud button, and the vol+7/vol-7 buttons are day+/day-.

Right now it only increments/decrements the volume by 1, just like the normal volume buttons.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6822

And Liz, when I referred to the volume displaying, I was referring to how the receiver's display shows the volume level but it doesn't actually change the volume. On this receiver, the first time you press vol up or down, it shows the volume level but doesn't change it. When you hit it a second time (while the volume display is up) it will then start incrementing or decrementing. So when I made that statement all I was saying is that the volume display would appear, but there would be no change in volume (due to only seeing one press). And just to be clear, if I press the repeater button again at that point, it doesn't go up or down by 7, just by 1. So to make a way too long story short, the repeater buttons work exactly like the regular volume buttons.

P.S. I did order another one of these remotes, so when I get a chance I'll try the protocol without the extender.[/i]
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
I picked through your file to the best of my abilities. Please bear in mind I do not know your remote.

1) In KM upgrade, the Parm(hex) cell on the Setup sheet is blank. Should be 7 or any number (0A for 10, 0B for 11). Whatever repeats you need.

2) Humor me. Could you assign those two repeating functions to a button in the Vol group of your extender, such as on shift-Volumes. Could be that day+-, which I see in KM Buttons sheet, are invisible. Thing is I do not know how the extender you have deals with key groups and punch through for volumes or transports, etc.

Perhaps one of those might help????

Edited: I just remembered the multiplex situation which I forgot inspite of your good description. Ok, so you can't do shift-volumes. How about just for starters, assign those buttons to VOL+ and -. Just to see if the protocol works for you. After that an expert might suggest where you can put those functions.
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the missing ingredient - the parameter! Thanks so much. I thought I remember that being part of the protocol that I had already set, but I guess not. Confused

However, I put in 7 and it only does 4 for me (which translates to 3 if the volume isn't currently showing on the receiver's screen). It does 1, then pauses for around .5 to 1 second, then does 3 more. Sounds like this isn't optimized quite right???

It would be cool if it could do 7 regardless of whether the volume is being displayed currently (i.e. start with a signal that does nothing more than ensure the volume is showing, followed by 7 ups or downs), but I imagine that's not possible. I can certainly live with it if it isn't.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like your receiver can't process the repeats as fast as you are sending them.

In the future if you are having trouble with this extended Atlas, could you include your RDF in your zip file. There are several versions of the RDF and if we don't have the correct one the keynames come up incorrect.

BTW it was nice to see a well commented IR file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: