JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

semi-mute macro?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the protocol, so it should work now...

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 5A (S3C8+) NEC hacked (PB v3.12)
43 8B 31 8B 12 E5 4D 08 08 01 18 01 06 01 18 03
39 D2 DC 11 94 08 B6 20 01 18 06 37 15 06 E4 03
0D 56 06 FB 8D 01 46
End
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, WOW! the timing is perfect.
Repeating works - I asked for 7 repeats and got 7, but the devil is now in 1 bit I think.
Code:
for OBC 27 NEC1 returns          01011110 10100001 11011000 00100111
for OBC 27 NEC1-hacked returns   01011110 10100001 11011000 00100111
for OBC 59 NEC1-hacked returns   01011110 10100001 11011100 00100011
Red LED blinks once on OBC 27. For OBC 59 it now stays on longer while it's repeating - I believe that's what you expected in the earlier post. IRSA confirms. Unfortunately Yamaha box doesn't think much of obc59 Sad
IR, IRSA files in Diagnosis
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3790
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a tiny change:

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 5A (S3C8+) NEC1 hacked (PB v3.12)
43 8B 31 8B 12 E5 4D 08 08 01 18 01 06 01 18 03
39 D2 DC 11 94 08 B6 20 01 18 06 37 15 06 E4 03
0D 46 06 04 8D 01 46
End
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good change, the OR would work if we weren't dealing with comp'd signals. Comp'd signals require the AND.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides checking Rob's trick on my Yamaha tuner (device 122), where it works really well, I wanted to see timing. I added up all the numbers. If this is wrong, what follows is incorrect.
Macro of 10 volume- or volume+ buttons runs for 5 seconds in unextended 8910.
Under extension it runs for a bit over 1.5 second.
Rob's NEC1-hack runs for about 1 second under either system.

It's very convenient to press one button and not have to hold it and overshoot. The volume drops like a rock and stops. Or increases and stops.

This is really cool stuff. Thanks Rob.
Any chance for a Panasonic Combo version?

ElizabethD wrote:
1. Considering that TheShanMan needs more help, to avoid confusion, could we split the Panasonic posts out of here, please.

Panasonic Combo posts split to here (done by Rob):
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12571
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To follow up on this (I've been PM'ing Robman and Elizabeth the last couple of days after finding a bookmark to this thread 3 years after I started it! Surprised), I tried out what Elizabeth suggested to me and while it does cause my Yamaha receiver (device code 545) to show the volume level on its screen, it doesn't actually change the volume. This applies to both + and -.

On a related note, I am guessing that having the protocol > FF makes any device that uses it hidden from use by key moves? I would really like to implement this as a key move (assuming I can even get it to work) because I have no free device keys (phantom devices don't exist on the atlas 1056). I can do it with multiplexing devices, but it isn't the most ideal solution because X_ "keys" don't work with multiplexing (as I found out the hard way, through about 2 hours of debugging) so I don't think there is an easy way to activate the prior device after doing the vol +/-. If there is any way to create a "standard" device code that I can use in a key move, I would appreciate someone letting me know how to do it!

And thanks to Elizabeth and Robman for their effort on this feature!
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShanMan wrote:
I am guessing that having the protocol > FF makes any device that uses it hidden from use by key moves?
No, bad guess. Keymoves refer to setup codes, not protocols. The setup code itself is the one that refers to the protocol executor.

Assuming you really do want to implement these functions only as keymoves, one way to do that would be to create what we call a dummy upgrade. This is simply a new setup code using the desired protocol and having the correct device settings, but no keys are assigned. You could take a copy of your existing upgrade and use it to create a dummy upgrade; just remove all key assignments, and give a new setup code number.

In this case, you also need to change the protocol used by the dummy upgrade to 015A to use Rob's modified protocol. As was mentioned before, check the Protocol>FF box when pasting into IR to accomplish this. The dummy upgrade is not assigned to a device button. Also, make sure you also add the protocol upgrade in IR. You can then create keymoves that refer to the dummy upgrade.
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I understand that key moves refer to devices, and devices to protocols. I do have a device using Rob's protocol, but the device doesn't show up in the key move screen. I noticed that the extender devices (which use protocols > ff) also don't show up. That's why I was guessing that the protocol was preventing it from showing up. Although now I notice that the activate/deactivate device does show up.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShanMan wrote:
I do have a device using Rob's protocol, but the device doesn't show up in the key move screen.

I had to fire up IR and go to the keymove screen to remind myself what it looks like to understand this comment. I had forgotten that this screen does show you all the setup codes that have been assigned to physical device buttons and it appears that's the root cause of the confusion here.

You are free to create keymoves that point to ANY setup code in the remote, regardless of whether that setup code is native or loaded via an upgrade, regardless of whether that setup code is assigned to a device button or not, and regardless of whether the protocol id used by the setup code is greater and $00FF or not.

The list of setup codes that are assigned to device buttons was added somewhere along the line as a convenience, nothing more. In your case, you should ignore the list and just select the correct device type and enter the correct setup code, then you can enter your keymove info.
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's good to know, though it's not entirely correct. I do have 2 devices listed that are not assigned to physical device buttons. So that is the source of my confusion. I have 2 devices that show "<N/A>" as the device button, but the 15A device isn't one of them.

Any ideas on why the protocol isn't quite working for me? It must be close since it causes the receiver to display the volume, but it doesn't actually change it.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShanMan,
It did work on my box. I have no display, but the Volume knob turned left and right and the volume went up and down very quickly. And widget/IR scope confirmed the original signal plus 7 repeats.

You can definitely use keymoves. In fact the little file I posted yesterday
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6780
includes keymoves. You bring in the miniupgrade setup 1045 and change it to >FF and the keymoves will be right in the keymoves sheet on buttons 1 and 3 which of course you can move.

Perhaps all this is now too fast on your box?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShanMan wrote:
Well that's good to know, though it's not entirely correct. I do have 2 devices listed that are not assigned to physical device buttons. So that is the source of my confusion. I have 2 devices that show "<N/A>" as the device button, but the 15A device isn't one of them.

The N/A items appear once you program a keymove using a non-assigned setup code. Again, it's a convenience thing, the assumption being that if you've programmed one keymove using this setup code, you're likely to want to program another.
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it's working for you Elizabeth.

Any suggestions on what I might try to get it working for me? I see that the protocols are a form of Assembly language. I'm a software engineer and used to do assembly language when I was doing embedded systems a dozen years ago or so. So maybe with a little direction I can figure out how to tinker with this. Is there an "introduction to jp1 protocols" guide or something? Smile
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShanMan,
Protocol Builder is used. If you take the protocol and paste it there, you can disassemble and assemble your changes.

For starters, how about you post your IR file in diagnosis so we can take a look to confirm you put in what's expected and can then go forward why is not working.
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I'll have time to check out Protocol Builder tomorrow. In the meantime, my IR file is here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6786

The up/down commands are used in macros on B and C. The special device has the up/down commands on vol+ and vol- (I changed these in the km file because this was more logical than having them on buttons 1 and 3).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: