JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Entiveo dp3220

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turner3d2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Entiveo dp3220 Reply with quote

1. Device: Entiveo dp3220
2. Type of device: DVD player
3. Year: 2005
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC 7800
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Maybe (see below)
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? n/a

From a thread at nerd-out.com:
Quote:
The DP-3220 is manufactured by Eastech--they appear to manufacture electronics for a number of vendors, and this unit is shown on their corporate web site (without any brand name on the housing), so there is likely a "clone" or two out there offered under a different brand name.

Google reveals nothing about this model except for lots of listings on eBay. If it helps, there is "info" on the model here: http://www.eastech.com/Products_website/DP3220.pdf (I put info in quotes because it's really not a lot of info)

Notes: I've already successfully upgraded/hacked the crap out of a Comcast URC-6700 JP1.2 remote for the living room. I have an old URC 7800 for the bedroom which has a JP1 interface with no pins in it as of yet. Also, my JP1 cable is supposedly JP1.2 only. Device hunting with this remote hasn't revealed a single code that will even power the unit on.

If anyone comes up with anything at all for me in this thread, I'll get a JP1 cable and solder in the pins to give it a shot. It will probably end up costing me more than the DVD player did, but hey... it's fun stuff. Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're willing to solder in the pins and get a regular JP1 cable, then that it the way to go. Even if we had an upgrade available, you'd need those to load it, but if you had those in advance you would be able to learn the buttons from the OEM remote and build yourself a new upgrade.

Now, while you wait for a JP1 cable, there is an experiment you can try if you like. There's a 50/50 chance that this DVD player uses the NEC1 protocol with a device code of 0. There is one setup code in the URC-7800 that matches this, and that is CBL/0040. Try loading that code and then try the buttons to see if any of them do anything. If at least one or two of the buttons do something, then it might be worth trying all 256 EFCs under this code, but if none of them do anything I wouldn't bother.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 7800 can learn to almost any key, despite documentation that makes you think it can only learn to dedicated learning keys.

You have the original remote, so:

1) If you don't run out of learning memory you can learn signals instead of using an upgrade. Maybe you'll have room for enough signals to operate the device decently using just learned signals.

2) If you get a JP1 cable (the JP1.2 cable definitely won't work) you can learn a few signals from the DVD remote and get their decodes and post them. Then one of the experts (probably me) can tell you if there is IR data here or at RC for any other brand DVD player that has the same set of signals (and maybe even known commands that aren't on your original remote).

If no one recognises the decodes, you can learn all the signals (in batches assuming they don't all fit at once) and create your own upgrade based on the decodes.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
there is an experiment you can try if you like. There's a 50/50 chance that this DVD player uses the NEC1 protocol with a device code of 0. There is one setup code in the URC-7800 that matches this, and that is CBL/0040. Try loading that code and then try the buttons to see if any of them do anything.

That covers almost all the DVD players we know of that use NEC1 device 0.

To check the rest, I think it would be a lot easier to use a temporary upgrade in your JP1.2 remote rather than a bunch of EFC numbers in your 7800.

Assuming CBL/0040 fails, make an upgrade for NEC1 protocol, device 0 and randomly assign OBC numbers 128 through 143 to 16 buttons and test those 16 buttons. Any of the NEC1:0 DVDs that don't respond at all to CBL/0040 should respond to that. Once it responds to that you can find the EFC numbers that could be used to remap CBL/0040 to do the same thing.
turner3d2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... thanks for the speedy response, guys. Smile

I tried cbl device 0040 for the NEC1 protocol - no go.

Now, I'm faced with another oddity - when I press setup(3 sec) then 9-7-5 to put it in learn mode, the led gives the dreaded one long blink instead of the expected two shorts. Thinking that maybe the learning memory may filled up from something, I try setup(3) 9-7-6 to go into clearing mode... same deal - one long blink.

I'm not sure what to make of this - I've never used the learning mode on this remote (it was my wife's before we met and I never even saw the printed manual... I honestly didn't even know it was a learning remote til I read your responses), and the front of the PDF manual from ofausa.com says "URC 7800 Cinema 7 +" then in smaller print, "Previous Model Name: Cinema 7". My exact model is URC-7800B00, and reads "Cinema 7" on the front. I'd wonder if it was capable of learning, but it has the 4 'L' buttons on it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The command to completely reset the remote is 981, but be aware that that will not only delete everything that you have learned, it will also delete any keymoves or macros that you might have, and it will reset the codes assigned to the device buttons. So, if you don't mind starting over, do a 981 reset.
turner3d2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

981 did the trick, and there was plenty of learning memory for a simple DVD player. I didn't learn the digit keys, but who needs 'em?

Since I got everything working as needed, I was originally not going to mess with getting another JP1 cable. But, I was just looking at the plans for the JP1 simple interface, and I have most of the stuff needed just laying around (I even still have a roll of 1N4148s). I'll probably end up building one just for the fun of it and then maybe I can make a contribution to the site by providing the Entiveo upgrade device file.

Thanks a ton for all of the info - I couldn't have done it without ya. Smile
turner3d2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got around to tossing together a "Simple" JP1 interface, learning every key from the Entiveo remote, downloading into IR, then creating an upgrade in RM from the results. It turns out the unit does use the NEC1 protocol, device 67, subdevice 71. The new upgrade is here - http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4218

Thanks again for all your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: