JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dlink DSM-320RD and One4All 6131B00
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glgermain wrote:
I tried the code for my Govideo streamer. Some of the buttons do things on the player, but the commands are mapped to the wrong keys. I would be hard to figure out which key is doing what.

But that may be the only way to solve it (if the upgrade Rob got you really doesn't work).

So what is the code for the Govideo (built-in setup code? which? or upgrade? URL?) and what are some keys that do something and what do they do?
glgermain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob:

Ok: Here is a link to the my IR file posting:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3744

This file is in the diagnosis area under "One for All URC-6131B00 Dlink DSM-320RD." I would very much appreciate someone looking at it.

Johnsfine: The G0-Video is programmed for device 0711.

On/off and Select work right. Play, stop, ff & rew seem to work too, although because I could not navigate, I'm not absolutely sure.

Uparrow=setup.
Right arrow=background music.
Info=audio l,r,l+r.
Pause, skip tracks gives me an error - may do something somewhere else.
Nothing else seems to work.

If I get a a URC-8910, can I learn the commends and then transfer them into the 6131?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD/0782 is similar to DVD/0711. There is some chance that 0782 will be a lot closer to your DVD.

DVD/0711 is NEC1, device 1. So you could make upgrades of NEC1 device 1 with a range of OBC numbers and try to figure out which do what. You have a good start:

00 = OnOff
21 = Select
30 = Play
06 = Stop
69 = FF
81 = Rew
05 = Setup (0711's up arrow)
09 = background music (0711's right arrow)
88 = audio l,r,l+r (0711's Info)
14 = (0711's pause)
77 = (0711's Next Track)
65 = (0711's Prev Track)

All the OBC's in 0711 (as well as 0782) are in the ranges 0 to 31 and 64 to 95. That is likely also true for your DVD, so you only need to test those 64 (minus the ones you already know) rather than all 256.
glgermain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do I get 0771?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glgermain wrote:
Where do I get 0771?

From John's post (ie, the one before yours)
glgermain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman:

John's post does not attach a file, as far as I can tell. I think 0771 is not natively in my remote - I tried assigning it, and it didn't work.

0711 is in my remote (I'm using that for the go-video), but only a couple of the commands work. I need, at a minimum, on/off, the arrows, and the select key to work.

Did John mean 0711 when he said 0771, or is there an 0771 file somewhere that I can try?

Anyone check my IR file to see if I'm missing something in trying to use the official codes for my device?

Thanks again for your help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John said that DVD/0711 uses NEC1 with a device code of 1 and he listed some OBCs that you could try, the idea being that you plug this into into KM or RM and build an upgrade.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glgermain wrote:
Where do I get 0771?

Sorry. I misread a line in a spreadsheet (which setup code is in your remote) and typed 0771. Right after I posted, I realized the error and changed that to 0782. I didn't think there was time to see it before I edited. But I find see any 0771 I missed changing, so you must have seen my post before I edited it.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glgermain wrote:

Anyone check my IR file to see if I'm missing something in trying to use the official codes for my device?

I didn't because I had already checked the file Rob posted. If a few commands from DVD/0711 work (as you reported) then the official setup code is entirely wrong. OFA customer support gave you wrong info.
glgermain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clarifying, John. I will try 0782 and see how that works.

I think OFA's code is for the dlink dsm-320, not the dsm-320rd. They appear to come with different remotes, and thus probably have different codes:

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=444 (remote for DSM-320)
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=445 (remote for DSM-320RD)

I have a feeling that the easiest way to do this will be to get a learning remote - unless 0782 gets me closer.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glgermain wrote:
I have a feeling that the easiest way to do this will be to get a learning remote - unless 0782 gets me closer.

That greatly depends on your ability and willingness to figure this out using the tools that JP1 provides.

If you have already established that some of the buttons from DVD/0711 work some of the functions of your device (even if the button assignments are wrong), you have determined what the correct protocol (NEC1) and device code (1) are, which gets you 80% of the way there.

John has already documented the OBCs of the functions that you have already found, which means you can test the remaining OBCs to see which Dlink functions they work.

NEC upgrades typically omit OBCs in the 32-63 range, so you can skip those initially. All you need to do is create a couple of upgrades that contain all of the OBCs in the ranges 0-31 and 64-95, then test the buttons to see what they do (if anything). For example, if you find that the PLAY button in your upgrade MUTEs the sound, go back to your KM file and see what OBC you put on the PLAY button and you've found the OBC for MUTE.

When you're done, if you haven't found all of the functions from the original remote, maybe you should re-consider testing the OBCs in the range 32-63. Then there's also the OBCs greater than 95, but let's talk about those if we get that far.
glgermain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Robman, I'll try to figure it out. I know this stuff is easy for those of you who are experts, but it's fairly confusing for someone new like me. I understand the concept, but I need to figure out where in the software I can assign obc numbers to keys. I'll try and report back on how I'm doing.

I tried 0782, and the only thing that was helpful was the number 3 key gave me a down arrow. There were a few other keys that did things, but nothing I'd ever need.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glgermain wrote:
... it's fairly confusing for someone new like me. I understand the concept, but I need to figure out where in the software I can assign obc numbers to keys.

OK then, here's a "step by step". This will appear long winded because I'm leaving nothing to chance by assuming that you know nothing about KM or Excel. Please don't be insulted by this.

1. Fire up the KM spreadsheet.
In the general Setup sheet
2. Select the URC-6131 as your remote.
3. Select DVD as the device type (as it includes the most buttons)
4. Enter 2001 as the setup code (any number will do, so I picked one for you)
5. Select NEC1 as your protocol.
6. Enter 1 as your main device code.

Assigning the function names to buttons:

7. In the buttons sheet you'll notice that some buttons are greyed out and others have the "@" symbol in front of them. The greyed out buttons do not exist on your remote and the @ buttons are not part of the DVD button set. The next step here is to make a list of the available buttons. To do this, first open up a new Notepad session, then highlight the "vol up" button name (ie, cell B13 in the Buttons sheet), then while holding the SHIFT button, highlight the "thumbs down" button name. Next, use CNTL+C to copy all the button names, then go to Notepad and use CNTL+V to paste them into Notepad. While still in Notepad, use CNTL+A to select all of the list, then go back to the Buttons sheet in Excel, click on the Function cell next to the "vol up" button (ie, cell C13) and do a CNTL+V to paste the names into the cells.

Setting up the list of function names:

8. Next, go back to Notepad and delete all the button names from the list that are greyed out or have @ signs in the Buttons sheet (such as "surround" and "pip"). Now, that the list is reduced to just the function names that are active in DVD mode, so another CNTL+A in Notepad to select them all, then go back to the Functions list in KM, click on the "vol up" function name cell (ie, cell A12), and do a CNTL+V to paste the function names into the list.

Entering the OBC numbers:

9. Click the OBC button to put KM into "OBC" mode.
10. Then enter 0 in the OBC column for the "Num 0" function (ie, cell B2).
11. Enter the following formula into cell C2 "=B2+1" (without the quotes) and tab out.
12. Click on cell B2. Then, while holding down the SHIFT key, click on the OBC cell for the "thumbs down" function (which should be cell B46).
13. Do a CNTL+D (fill down) to populate all of these cells.

So far, what you have just done is create an upgrade file that places OBCs 0 thru 44 onto every button that's available in DVD mode using the URC-6131 remote. Given that we've decided that you're unlikely to find any working functions in the 32-63 OBC range, let's eliminate them from the list that you've just created. To do this, go back to the list and find the cell in the OBC column that displays 32 as it's value. This should be the "stop" entry. Type over that value with 64, which is where we want to pick up the search, and tab out. This should automatically change the rest of the entries to use OBCs 64-76.

14. Now, go back to the Setup tab and enter a description in the F2 cell, let's call it "Dlink test 1".
15. Now, click on the SAVE button (just below where you entered the description) and save the file on your harddrive somewhere (somewhere where you can find it later). You can also cut & paste the generated upgrade over to IR at this point.

Now let's start preparing the 2nd test upgrade
16. Type 2002 into cell C4 as the setup code.
17. Change the description to "Dlink Test 2"
18. In the Functions tab, type 77 in the OBC cell for "num 0" (cell B2)
19. Enter formula "=B2+1" in cell B3.
20. Do a "fill down" to cell B46.
21. To skip OBCs in the range 96-127, find the cell that displays 96 as it's value (which should be the "menu" entry in cell B21) and type 128
22. Go back to the Setup sheet and save the file. You can also cut & paste the generated upgrade over to IR at this point.

23. Back in IR you should now have 2 upgrades loaded, now you should assign them to 2 of the device buttons (let's go with DVD and VCR). Now load this file into your remote and test the buttons.

As I was typing this, I was actually doing the steps myself and the files that I created are here...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3747
glgermain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob: You really should post this somewhere for others to use, as I can tell you spent a lot of time putting this together and it is valuable for those of us who are figuring this out for the first time. Unfortunately, I started playing with it before I saw your post, and managed to figure out the basic functions that I needed, but I did not figure out all of the functions.

What I did is plug 0bc 1-10 in the number pad, try each of the numbers, note down what worked, then 11-20, etc. Once I had obc numbers for the functions I needed, I programmed them into the remote. It took me many more trips than your method would have.

However, the problem with this strategy is that all functions don't work on a given screen. For example, if you're on a screen expecting up, down, left, right and select for a menu, then the Fast Forward button doesn't do anything. So to figure out all of the buttons, you'd have to try each in a different screen. I didn't spend the time to do this because I really only need on/off, arrows, select and mute for day to day use.

Would it be helpful for me to post the OBC numbers that I figured out? I'd be happy to do so. I don't think I should post a spreadsheet, because I did not figure out all of the functions.

Again, thanks for your time and effort. I appreciate it greatly.
geobrick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: OFA upgraded my 6131 for DLINK Reply with quote

I mailed my 6131 back to OFA for two code upgrades. One was for an Oppo DVD player (it worked) and one was for the D-Link DSM-520 which is the High Def version of the DSM-320 (It did not work). The DSM-520 does not have a DVD player.

The good news is I now have a JP1 connector on my remote. The bad news is it still doesn't work on the D-Link DSM-520. The model of the remote they sent back to me is URC-6131nwB00.

Here is the information OFA sent back with the remote:
Remote Content Report

Device Keys Device Group: Codes
-----------------------------------------------------------------
VCR/DVD/DAT/Tape/Laser Disk Device (VYJKL): 0575 1881
TV Device (T):
CD/Audio/Home Automation/Phono Device (DRAHMP): 1522
Cable/Satellite Device (CSN): 1554 1731

The device code for the oppo DVD player was 0575 and it works fine.

I tried every device code combination above for the D-Link DSM-520 and none of them work. Based on what has been discussed here, 1554 should be the correct code but apparently it is not.

Has anyone figured out what to use for these D-Link Media players yet?

GB
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: