JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best tool to convert KM .txt files to RM format?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Best tool to convert KM .txt files to RM format? Reply with quote

I have finally downloaded and installed all of the tools required for RM. Very Happy A SUPREMELY impressive GUI - I AGAIN (as I have multiple times in the past) applaud the genii Shocked in this forum who continue this phenomenal development work for no compensation, save the adulation of the other, lower-level geeks (myself included Embarassed ) who lurk in such fora.

But sometimes too much of a good thing leads to confusion. Shocked Case in point: KM 8.03 has a new "RM" button that will "save the current Device Upgrade as a file for use with RemoteMaster", wile RM 0.80 has a drop-down function "File/Import KM file..."

Which of these is a better tool to use to convert my KM ".txt" device upgrade files to RM format? Question

P.S. Unfortunately, I cannot fully go over to the RM side as I have need of the Device Combiner and Pioneer 3Dev protocols, Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes so KM remains in my stable for a while yet, it would appear. Prognosis on RM-ing these?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Save as RM" feature in KM will be gone in the next release. Greg (author of RM) feels that the "Import KM File" feature of RM provides better results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: