JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

problem activating 15-1994 extender

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimschott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: problem activating 15-1994 extender Reply with quote

The extender on my remote has stop activating...after IR.exe "Upload to Remote", pressing the POWER key does not activate the extender. The remote (15-1994) works, but without KMs, macros, or extender/protocols.

This problem is new - the remote and extender (ext5) have been working fine for some time. I may have caused the problem by accidently uploading an IR .txt file from the wrong remote (15-2104/extender - it warned me about the signature difference, but I made the boo-boo anyway). Not sure if this caused the problem?? I have tried P-981, P-980 and P-976 to clear the remote, but re-uploading the file ends up with the same thing: the extender does not appear to activate after upload-then-press-Power.

After trying to activate, the LED simply blinks once and turns on the TV (the LED does not blink 4 times as expected, or as it has in the past).

Help! Thanks.
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the LED blink 4 times when you tried the 981 reset? If it didn't, try it again after the battery reset (removing the batteries, press a button, then restore them.)
Next, try the initial extender image and see if you can activate it, and then try your image. Your image may be broken if the inital image works but your image doesn't. In this case, you have to start over if you have no other good image.

Hal
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: