JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DLO HomeDock Deluxe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

The Official UEI Upgrade works, but (1) the Up, Down, F.FWD, F.REW, FWD, REW buttons don't exhibit different behavior either when held down and (2) it is slightly larger than your upgrade, so I'll just stick with yours.

Thanks again.
--Nathan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let's summarize what we know (or think we know) so far.

1) When Mike learned the signals, they showed up as 38kHz but both Mike and Nate say they don't work.
2) When Nate learns the signals, they show up as 35kHz and they do work.
3) Both my 35kHz upgrade and UEI's 38kHz upgrade work.
4) The UP, DOWN, F.REW and F.FWD buttons are supposed to do something different when they are held down. The 35kHz learns all repeat as they are supposed to, except for the F.FWD button. None of the upgrades repeat as they are supposed to.

John Fine, any ideas?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan,
See if this protocol performs any better...

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 FF (S3C8+) DLO HomeDock Deluxe (PB v4.00)
49 96 21 8B 12 CF 4D 08 08 01 2C 03 70 01 2C 01
18 D6 8D 12 11 09 1A 20 11 E6 06 7A 18 05 56 C1
0F EB 03 E6 06 4F 8D 01 46
End
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Nathan,
See if this protocol performs any better...

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 FF (S3C8+) DLO HomeDock Deluxe (PB v4.00)
49 96 21 8B 12 CF 4D 08 08 01 2C 03 70 01 2C 01
18 D6 8D 12 11 09 1A 20 11 E6 06 7A 18 05 56 C1
0F EB 03 E6 06 4F 8D 01 46
End

Rob,

The long key presses still don't work. Also, to get any button to work, I have to tap it very quickly.

--Nathan
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

Did UEI happen to give you any advanced codes for fast forward and rewind? I'd be ok with just programming some LKPs for Up/Down. Or maybe I could try searching 0-255...

--Nathan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the advanced codes that they gave me match what we already have. Given that the device is obviously being very picky about how it looks at signals, and I can't see what's different between your learns of F.REW and F.FWD that one works properly and the other doesn't, I think the next logical step is for you to see if John Fine is willing to capture your OEM remote using his CaptureIR setup, which should tell us exactly what signals are being sent.

I do have another idea for how we can make the buttons repeat. We can convert the signal into NEC2 format for those buttons, which means we could repeat the whole data portion, but this may have the effect of repeating them very quickly.
bufordtdawg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is likely a little late to do much good since it seems that Rob and UEI have a good handle on the issues.

After disappointing results with my various OneForAlls, I tried my old Pronto. It works OK and from at least twice as far away as the little DLO remote.

I uploaded a basic version of my Pronto CCF file in case someone can use it to help program the OneForAlls.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3940

One reason I prefer OneForAlls everywhere is that I have Comcast HD DVRs with the URC1067 JP1.1 remotes. I don't know that I'll be able to add any DLO functions to the audio device on the the 1067, but that was my goal before I gave up and started using the Pronto when I was playing with the iPod/DLO in my den.

It looks like it's time to revisit the DLO and 8811 issue, since everyone in my house prefers hard button remotes.

Best regards,
Mike in Sacramento
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bufordtdawg wrote:
I uploaded a basic version of my Pronto CCF file

I generally don't trust the frequency learned by a Pronto. But I guess the evidence for lower frequency is accumulating. The Vol+ signal was learned at 36Khz and all the rest at 35.7Khz

I trust the Pronto's burst timing more than its frequency and that is also a little off from NEC nominal values. The device is more likely to be picky about burst timing than frequency (though most devices are picky about neither).

I didn't look yet to see whether Rob used nominal NEC burst timing or used the timing from the working learned signals.

The timing from the CCF file is
Lead-in: 9066-4505
zero: 643-559
one: 643-1707

The split between On and Off in zero and one can't matter much, but the total (zero=1202, one=2350) may be significant.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike,
Do your Pronto buttons, such as SKIP +/-, repeat properly when the button is held down?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan, I think I've spotted what's different between the F.REW and F.FWD buttons that you learned, the F.FWD button has a lower carrier freq than the other buttons. I have edited the learned data so that all the buttons have the same frequency. Could you test this file to see if the F.FWD button now repeats properly.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3941
floyd1977

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Nathan, I think I've spotted what's different between the F.REW and F.FWD buttons that you learned, the F.FWD button has a lower carrier freq than the other buttons. I have edited the learned data so that all the buttons have the same frequency. Could you test this file to see if the F.FWD button now repeats properly.

Thanks, Rob. I'll give it a try when I get home. I'll also try fiddling around with the burst values in the protocol upgrade you gave me, to see if John might be right about this iPod dock being picky. Well, we already know it's picky, but you know what I mean...
floyd1977

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

Rob, I tried your new IR file with the learned commands. Now, if I hold down F.FWD, it goes to the next track (short press behavior), and then fast forwards for just a very short time, as if I were tapping a dedicated >> button, if that makes sense.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floyd1977 wrote:
Rob, I tried your new IR file with the learned commands. Now, if I hold down F.FWD, it goes to the next track (short press behavior), and then fast forwards for just a very short time, as if I were tapping a dedicated >> button, if that makes sense.

That doesn't sound like what it's supposed to do? Is that how the F.REW learned button acts?
floyd1977

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the F.REW button from the learned IR file (and the OEM remote) fast forwards until you release the button. With the file you gave me, if you hold down F.FWD, it goes to the next track and fast forwards for a split second, and then does nothing else, no matter how long you hold the button. This is a slight improvement over my original learned IR file which only went to the next track.

In both your file and my file, UP, DOWN and F.REW work like the OEM remote. With the protocol upgrade you gave me, those 4 functions only execute the short key press functions, but that's a separate issue (I think).

Let me know if it's still not clear.

--Nathan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it. Now I'd like to hear from Mike whether the Pronto buttons repeat properly. If they do, then I'll try and make the upgrade replicate those learns.

One possible cause of the problem is that the OFF time in the leadout pair in the repeating portion is longer in your learns than that which is generated by the upgrades (both mone and UEIs). This is because our upgrades set it to exactly 1/2 of the original leadin OFF time, whereas your learns show it being slightly more than 1/2.

I have one experiment I'd like you to try later and if that doesn't work, I'm going to have to re-write the exec and format the repeating portion manually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: