JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DLO HomeDock Deluxe
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bufordtdawg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: DLO HomeDock Deluxe Reply with quote

Hello,

The tiny DLO remote range is about 7 feet if slightly off angle. Here's a temporary photo.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3658

In an attempt to control the dock from a longer distance, I tried learning the remote's 18 buttons on my 8811. The learning process went normally, but the learned buttons do not control the dock.

I noticed that Robman had uploaded a 12 button file (Audio 1218) for a different version of the HomeDock. None of its commands that I tried control the Deluxe Dock. Shucks.

I've uploaded an .IR file from my 8811 with the first ten commands learned on the TV numeric buttons. The last 8 commands are learned on the CD numeric buttons. The DLO power button for instance is learned on TV button 3. The DLO Volume Up button is learned on TV button 8. The DLO Lamp button is learned on CD button 8.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3656

I thought perhaps that the 8811 wasn't up to the task, so I learned the commands using a Kameleon with negative results too.

If anyone can suggest what to try next, I'm listening. I'll dust off my old Pronto manual to see how to go about learning on it again. I haven't needed to change the gear that the Pronto controls in a few years. Perhaps the Pronto can get its arms around the needed signals.

Best regards,
Mike in Sacramento
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those learned signals do not look like they could be the result of any of the usual causes of learning errors. In fact they look like they are perfect recordings of what the original remote sent.

That leaves no explanation of why they don't work.

Do you have any source of IR interference in the room (such as a device for relaying IR by RF)?

Have you tried various distances with the 8811?

I doubt a Pronto (or any other learning remote) would do this any differently than the 8811.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone made any progress on this? I tried learning the commands from the DLO Homedock Deluxe remote onto my URC-8910, but they do not work, and the DecodeIR output I get in IR is all raw signal information, except for one command. I have a Pioneer receiver remote that has learning capabilities, so I decided to try using it to learn the commands, and they worked (except for Play/pause)!

I then tried learning from the Pioneer remote to the URC-8910. This time, the decodeIR output is more consistent, but the protocol is always of the type Gap-xxx-xxxx-32?, where 'x' is an integer. The output is very similar to what Mike posted. Here is a link to the file I put in the diagnosis area, with notes for each function:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3930

I doubt this his helpful, but I was at least able to find a remote that can learn the functions. I'm going to call OFA tomorrow to see if they have an upgrade available for this iPod dock.

--Nathan
just4fn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the person that robman made the upgrade for on the 8 button DLO. I was having the exact same problem as you, I could learn but it wouldnt work on the upgrade. Robman somehow got the upgrade through a source of his. Mine has been working fine. He will probably have to do it again for you.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Doug.

Yes, I saw the thread about the other DLO dock, but that upgrade did not work for me, so hopefully either Rob or OFA have an upgrade for me Smile

Actually, maybe I'll try loading his upgrade into my remote, and then trying some EFCs (000 - 255) to see if any of them have an effect.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, some of the buttons from the upgrade Rob gave you are working, so I must have the right protocol. Now, I think I just need to try all the EFCs to fill in the gaps. If I get a working upgrade, I'll post something to the File section.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, my learned functions from the Pioneer remote (originally from the DLO remote) are working. However, I don't know how to create an upgrade from the IRdecode information I'm getting from IR.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure, but I think this protocol uses 2-byte commands. The Misc. column in DecodeIR may be the key. For instance:

EE.87.3.F2 for the select command is:

0xEE (238) Device
0x87 (134) Sub-device
0x03 (003) One of the OBC values
0xF2 (242) One of the OBC values

I don't know which OBC value is more/less significant. I also don't know which protocol I should be using (NEC 2DEV?).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys have them handy, could you please post links to the other thread and the upgrade file that you're taling about.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is Rob:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6248&highlight=homedock

Thanks!
--Nathan
floyd1977

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

When I mentioned earlier in this thread that your upgrade is partially working for me, I was wrong. I have verified that it is my learned functions that are working.

I just didn't want to throw you off track.

So, what I have done that is working is:

1) Learn the commands from the DLO remote to my Pioneer receiver remote.
2) Learn the commands from my Pioneer remote to my URC-8910.
3) Successfully operated the DLO dock with the URC-8910.
4) Upload these learned commands into IR (the resulting file looks like the one I linked above in the file section, although I've relearned some of the functions that did not work originally).

Now I think I just need an expert's help to turn the learned functions into an upgrade. Thanks for your help, Rob!

--Nathan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you have learned signals that work, we have what we need to create an upgrade. Could you please load your IR file into the Diagnosis Area and then post a link to it.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to a file with all the commands working:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3931

Thanks again!
--Nathan
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

floyd1977 wrote:
The Misc. column in DecodeIR may be the key. For instance:

EE.87.3.F2 for the select command

I see the last byte is always either 5E or F2. Does anyone see a pattern to where it os 5E vs. where it it F2?

If you aren't seeing that Misc. info for each learned signal, you need to make some other columns (such as Hex Cmd) narrower in IR's display of decode info, so you get the Misc column.

Note also, the command that decodes as NEC1 isn't different. All of these have NEC1 timing, but they have that 5E or F2 instead of the cherck byte. 5E happens to be the check byte for OBC 161 in NEC, so that one signal decodes as NEC1.

floyd1977 wrote:

I also don't know which protocol I should be using (NEC 2DEV?).

None of the NEC executors let you override the whole check byte.

If we see a good pattern to whether the last byte is 5E or F2, a new executor might work with single byte hex commands.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:

If we see a good pattern to whether the last byte is 5E or F2, a new executor might work with single byte hex commands.

Well, when the command byte (that's what I'm calling the next-to-last byte) is a single digit value, the check byte is F2, otherwise it is 5E. For instance:

Enter: 3
F.Rew: 9
F.Fwd: 6
Play: 5

I'm not sure if this is what you mean though. I also forgot to learn *all* the commands from the original remote, so if those would be helpful, I can learn those tonight (I'm at work now). I left out Vol +/- and mute because I didn't need them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: