JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DLO HomeDock Deluxe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I have been testing these codes from just a couple feet away from the device.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is possible to be too close to an IR detector for things to work. Also when you're that close any wrong assumption you make about the position or angle of the IR detector is magnified.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
I think it is possible to be too close to an IR detector for things to work. Also when you're that close any wrong assumption you make about the position or angle of the IR detector is magnified.

Hmm...I am at work now, but I will see if my wife can give it a try from further away. I think I left the remote with Rob's upgrade on it before I left for work.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, the IR file with the learned commands that I uploaded to the Diagnosis Area worked with the 8910 from various distances. I'm still waiting for my wife to call back.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I asked my wife to try turning on the iPod dock with the Power button from various distances, but it did not work.

Rob, if you think what you gave me was correct, I can retrace my steps and make sure I didn't make any mistakes when I get home. I'm positive that I copied the device upgrade and the protocol upgrade into IR, but maybe I've made some other mistake.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised that it didn't work because I loaded it into one remote and captured the signals with another and the almost exactly replicated your signals.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get home, I will create a brand new IR file, copy your device and protocol upgrades, and try again. This morning, I copied them into my existing IR file (for everyday use). I'd hate for you to spend even more time on this if it's something I might be doing wrong.

Thanks.
--Nathan
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, I had to remove the protocols for Custom Mode Name and LKP/DKP (but forgot to remove the corresponding devices) to make room for your new protocol, so maybe the LKP and Custom Mode Name special commands that I still had programmed were having unwanted effects. When I pushed the AUX button though, the correct device number was showing up on the 8910's display, so I assumed I had the right device.

I should've put your upgrade in a brand new IR file, but I was in a hurry and not thinking. I'll give this another try tonight.

Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that I have the two checksum values the wrong way around. Here's a version of the protocol where I have reversed them...

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 01 FF (S3C8+) Custom Protocol for Video Acc/2000 DLO HomeDock Deluxe (KM v8.43)
49 96 21 8B 12 CF 4D 08 08 01 2C 03 70 01 2C 01
18 D7 6E 11 F8 08 E8 20 11 E6 06 7A 18 05 56 C1
0F EB 03 E6 06 4F 8D 01 46
End
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Rob. I will try both versions of the protocol when I get home, and let you know the results.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
It's possible that I have the two checksum values the wrong way around. Here's a version of the protocol where I have reversed them...

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 01 FF (S3C8+) Custom Protocol for Video Acc/2000 DLO HomeDock Deluxe (KM v8.43)
49 96 21 8B 12 CF 4D 08 08 01 2C 03 70 01 2C 01
18 D7 6E 11 F8 08 E8 20 11 E6 06 7A 18 05 56 C1
0F EB 03 E6 06 4F 8D 01 46
End

Rob,

The second protocol upgrade you gave me works great. Thank you so much for your help. This made my day. I had been wanting an iPod dock with an on-screen display, and I was afraid I was going to have to take this back when I thought it wasn't going to work with my OFA remote.

Thanks again!
--Nathan

P.S. backlight should be 0xc1, not 0xa0, but this is already covered by the command you labeled as "info".
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you check if I have the volume buttons reversed. I ask because UEI just sent me the official code for this, which I have loaded here, and the volume buttons were opposite of how I had them...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3938

Curiously enough, their code runs at 38kHz, so I'll be curious to know if their code also works, given the results of your previous experiments.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

Yes, you had the volume buttons reversed. Vol+ should be 0x50 and Vol- should be 0x30. I'll try the official UEI upgrade as soon as my wife is done with the PC (my laptop doesn't have a parallel port, unfortunately).

By the way, are there settings in Protocol Builder that can be used to affect how the signals behave when you hold down the buttons? Four buttons in the original remote (Up, Down, F.Fwd, F.Rew) have different behavior (fast scroll up/down, fast forward, rewind) when held down. When using my IR file with the learned commands, 3 of the 4 exhibited this behavior (the exception was F.Fwd).

Using your protocol, the buttons don't do anything when held down. Believe me, I'm not complaining! I greatly appreciate your help; if it weren't for you, I'd be taking this dock back to the store now! If you can point me toward a document that might help with something like this, I'd be glad to play around with PB myself (is that what you used to come up with this new protocol?).

I can live without fast forward and rewind, but scrolling through a few hundred albums can be slow going.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floyd1977 wrote:

By the way, are there settings in Protocol Builder that can be used to affect how the signals behave when you hold down the buttons? Four buttons in the original remote (Up, Down, F.Fwd, F.Rew) have different behavior (fast scroll up/down, fast forward, rewind) when held down. When using my IR file with the learned commands, 3 of the 4 exhibited this behavior (the exception was F.Fwd).

When I decode your protocol in PB, I notice that what PB decodes is not the same as what I entered. Can I assume that you did some fancy stuff with assembly that PB does not know what to do with?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This particular signal is formatted just like the NEC1 signal (apart from the checksum byte and the frequency difference) in that the data portion gets sent once, then when the button is held down, just the header and trailer is sent. This is what my executor is supposed to do.

I just took another look at your learned signals, and I don't see a difference between F.FWD and the other buttons, so I don't know why that one doesn't work when the others do.

It could be that you really do need the 38kHz signal. If the UEI upgrade works and the buttons repeat as they're supposed to, it will confirm it.

When I wrote the executor for the original iPod dock, I think I added some logic to force the REWIND and FAST FWD buttons to do a minimum number of repeats so that even with a short press you wouldn't accidentally get SKIP -/+ by mistake.

I'll explain the PB thing when I have more time, unless John or Mike want to jump in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: