JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6131n eeprom soldering query

View previous topic :: View next topic  
humpda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: 6131n eeprom soldering query Reply with quote

Hi
Getting into this JP1 stuff. Already have a urc8910 and after a couple of false starts successfully made a JP1 cable for it. Now I have come across a 6131n which I snapped up. Needs the EEPROM and 6 pins added, which I have purchased. Accessed the instructions on the old yahoo groups for modifying this remote. In instructions it mentions " Pin 1 goes in the lower right hand corner". How do I tell which is pin 1??? The EEPROM chip has a sem circular indentation at one end and near that a small circle imprint. I am making the assumption that it is pin 1. Is this correct? Sorry if it is a stupid question. By the way, is the information on the yahoo hroups forum that I accessed for this upgrade the most up-to-date, or is there something else in the new forum that I have missed. Once again, thanks for your assistance and patience. Very Happy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 6131n eeprom soldering query Reply with quote

humpda wrote:
In instructions it mentions " Pin 1 goes in the lower right hand corner". How do I tell which is pin 1??? The EEPROM chip has a sem circular indentation at one end and near that a small circle imprint. I am making the assumption that it is pin 1. Is this correct?

The marking varies by chip manufacturer, but that sure sounds like pin1 to me.
humpda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...pulled apart the JP1 remote and can see 8 small pads where I guess the eeprom has to go. Problem is, I purchased a 24lc16b eeprom chip and it does not look like that will fit at all. This was the only type of chip I could get locally - I tried a few electronics stores. Or am I looking in wrong spot. Thanks for help Very Happy - Does anyone have a picture of where the eeprom is added...I could compare it to mine. Otherwise, I am more than happy to upload a piccie of the circuit board. Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: