JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes


FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remotes with new version of SlingPlayer

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Megaflash



Joined: 31 Aug 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Remotes with new version of SlingPlayer Reply with quote

I have a UK(PAL) version of the slingbox and am using the latest version of Slingplayer (1.3.0.176).
I am trying to use a Thomson PVR for which I have downloaded the .rmdu file and loaded it into RM with the UEI RV chip remote selected. I re-allocate a few buttons that do not match, however when I try to use the resulting .bin file in slingplayer, the buttons - although using the correct protocol, do not issue the correct commands. For example the number button 3 switches the PVR to standby.
I have checked the button allocations and they all look OK. Does anyone have any idea where the mis-match might be?

Many thanks.

This is the link to the file that does not work: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3565
_________________
Please be patient with me, I've only just started!!


Last edited by Megaflash on Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Megaflash



Joined: 31 Aug 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Found the Problem Reply with quote

OK, I have discovered how to get this to work. The problem was I used a rmdu file for the Thomson box I found in the archives.
When I decided to make a new file from scratch, I noticed that when I looked at the 'learned signals' I had downloaded from my URC-7562, that the hex cmds were shown as 'FC or FE' (example). Simply using the OBC code (as JP1 for beginners tells you to do) gives the wrong outputs. However by putting the alternative hex codes into RM solves the problem!! Idea

This is the link to the file that does work: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3566
_________________
Please be patient with me, I've only just started!!


Last edited by Megaflash on Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Capn Trips
Expert


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 3953

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you provide a link to the file in your first post?
Also, could you upload YOUR upgrade file and link to it?

It sounds like the protocol is not using the correct translation from OBC to hex, and an expert might need to look to see if any corrections are required in KM and/or RM.
_________________
Beginners - Read this thread first
READ BEFORE POSTING or your post will be DELETED!


Remotes:Atlas OCAP URC 1056, Harmony One, OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: Panasonic TH-50PE700U; LG 65" Smart LED TV; RCVR: Pioneer VSX-D2016S;Onkyo TX-SR875
DVD/VCR: LG Blu-Ray player, Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A1 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc/CD changer: Pioneer CLD-704.
Streaming: Intel NUC PC
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
johnsfine
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Aug 2003
Posts: 4766
Location: Bedford, MA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Found the Problem Reply with quote

Megaflash wrote:
I looked at the 'learned signals' I had downloaded from my URC-7562, that the hex cmds were shown as 'FC or FE' (example). Simply using the OBC code (as JP1 for beginners tells you to do) gives the wrong outputs. However by putting the alternative hex codes into RM solves the problem!!


I'm confident those decoded OBC numbers are correct.

DecodeIR uses a guess about the protocol executor you might use in order to compute those hex cmds FROM those OBC numbers. If I understand you correctly, your testing confirms that DecodeIR's guess matches the executor in the Slingbox.

RM's failure to match that OBC to hex translation means either the .rdf file for that Slingbox is incorrect (lists the wrong varient for that PID) or the protocols.ini file has the wrong translation rules for the right varient.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Megaflash



Joined: 31 Aug 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Links added Reply with quote

I've added the links to the two files, I hope one of the experts will be able to see what the error is.

many thanks
_________________
Please be patient with me, I've only just started!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Get Smart! the band's official homepage Rockabilly Central