JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Advance Code Request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tau166

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Advance Code Request Reply with quote

I know I read this somewhere, but I can't find it right now. How do I find/request EFCs for a specific device code?

I'm looking for EFCs for a Kendwood CD player that responds to device code 0190. I found some of them in Devices4.xls, but not all of them. I looked at Rob's collection and can't find the code I need listed. I also couldn't find a file on the yahoo site that helped.

Can I request EFCs from somewhere or should I try to learn off of the old remote since I have some EFCs?

Thanks.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the original remote, and it has a button to do what you want, the fastest way is definitely to learn from the original remote.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
sic0048

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also try to e-mail UEIC at help@ueic.com according to something that I read. However, I e-mailed them several days ago and still haven't heard back. I'm not sure if they are just slow, or if they no longer give out that sort of information. You need to provide them with the type of remote that you have (ie OFA 8910) and the device type and code (ie TV 0054). I also went a step further and gave them the brand and model of my equiptment just to be on the safe side.

However, like Greg said, if you just want to add a few commands that don't seem to be in the normal device, I would just use the OEM remote and learn them. You can then add them into the device using keymoves with IR. You could go as far as creating a whole new upgrade using KM or RM, but unless you are drastically changing things, I would just add them using keymoves and IR.

My Equipment:
OFA 8910 - extender 1
Zenith C32V37 HDTV (32" 4:3 ratio with built-in HD tuner)
Onkyo TX-R510 Receiver (6.1 channel receiver)
Panasonic DVD-F85 (5 disc DVD changer)
JVC S-VHS VCR HR-S3901U
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: