JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help creating rdf for urc-7555 (OFA5 digital) JP1.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iibm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes u can !
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can program the 7555 by building or buying a JP1.2 interface and using the software (IR, RM etc.) available here. Even I managed to build an interface but the Robman sells 'em on this site if your soldering can possibly be worse than mine. I wasn't up to bending the leads like in Tommy Tyler's excellent illustrations (File Section...Interface Designs) but I managed to do it on copper stripboard.

I think the socket on the 7555 is a bit tight so you'd need to trim the plug a bit or make an adaptor (I've hacked a piece off an old IDE drive cable connector and will get round to glueing it sometime to stop it pulling apart). The pins are in the same configuration and spacing as usual, though, so no problems there. An upgrade for your Toppy is available in the File Section...Device Upgrades...PVR.
mr-b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tx for the replies. I've got the JP1.2 cable and IR connects to it and displays the config - but I'm completely lost on the interface despite reading http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/ several times.
The "Key Moves" tab bears no relation to any OFA Magic Key codes that I have programmed in already and it has lots of unknown TLAs plus hex stuff all over the place.
Also KM doesn't seem to support the URC-7555 when I select the "Remote" drop-down field.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr-b wrote:
Also KM doesn't seem to support the URC-7555 when I select the "Remote" drop-down field.

Have you had a look at RemoteMaster? It's a Java app that uses a more graphical approach to remote programming. It gets updated more regularly than KM and the latest version supports your URC7555.

Start simple. Create an upgrade for each device that you want to control and - of course - save the files as you go. Make sure you assign a unique setup code to each upgrade (the exact numbers don't matter so long as they're between 0000 and 2039) and make sure you've selected the correct remote type each time.

To create an upgrade in RM you enter all the functions and codes in the Functions tab and then go to the Layout tab to assign functions to buttons. Some will automatically be created as KeyMoves but don't worry about it. The Functions tab comes ready-populated with common functions but you only enter codes for the ones your device can actually do. You can add other functions by selecting "New" and you can remove un-used functions by selecting the "Clean up" button.

Start a new IR file for the URC7555.
Go to the Devices tab and select "Add"
Open the upgrades one by one in RM and Copy the data from the Output tab and paste it into IR. Then go to the General tab of IR and assign codes to device buttons.

Leave the KeyMoves tab of IR alone until you want to start adding fancy functions like TV input selection to you PVR upgrade.

I've sold off my 7555 as I just bought some 8820s as I prefer their layout but have created a sample IR file for the 7555 that might help you understand it all better:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4837
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: