JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung 710mp TV
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Samsung 710mp TV Reply with quote

1. Device: Samsung 710mp 17" LCD TV
2. Type of device: TV
3. Year: 2005
4. JP1 Remote model: 8811, 8910
5. JP1 user? yes
6. Still have original remote? no
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? n/a
9. Partially working setup code? probably
10. Learning remote question? n/a

Codes for power and arrows not included in the upgrade in the file section. Anyone have these?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Samsung 710mp TV Reply with quote

e.axel wrote:

7. Checked the file section? yes

8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? n/a

The idea of the template was to get more information from people asking these questions. It doesn't seem to have worked.

e.axel wrote:

Codes for power and arrows not included in the upgrade in the file section. Anyone have these?

When your post refers to a file you found online somewhere, you should always include the URL. We won't know the details needed to help you until we see the file and why should we need to redo whatever search you did to find it and then guess whether we found the same one.

I think the file you mean is:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1304

I'm surprised that upgrade uses NEC2 protocol rather than NECx2. I wonder if that is really what the TV uses, or is a mistake in the original upgrade but close enough to work anyway.

Lots of upgrades and CCF files use NECx2 protocol, device 7.7, usually with consistent OBC numbers across many models. I haven't compared OBC numbers between the upgrade you found and some of those, but I expect doing so would yield the OBC numbers for the functions you are missing.
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is the file (the ONLY one in the file section for that device)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do the stop and record buttons in that upgrade do on your TV?

The Record button in that upgrade matches the power toggle in many similar Samsung code sets.

I think the author of that upgrade misused the functions sheet of KM. I think the function names he chose were based on button choices (however strange) for his own JP1 remote. Function names ought to be based on actual function or on original remote button name. Mapping to JP1 buttons should be done on the buttons sheet.

BTW, many similar Samsungs use Vol and CH keys as menu arrow keys and thus have no distinct arrow codes. If so, you can always double map those functions so they would be arrow keys on your remote.

If Vol+ isn't the menu right function, the next most likely possibility is OBC number 98 (if 98 works, I'll look up the other arrows based on that).
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e.axel wrote:
(the ONLY one in the file section for that device)

You would be surprised how often it turns out that the only file in the file section for a specific device ISN'T the one the initiator of the thread was talking about.

Next time, please include the URL.

BTW, a quick search turned up no support for the theory that NEC2 is the correct protocol and lots of support for believing NECx2 is correct.

Try changing the protocol. Even if NEC2 seems to work, getting that right will increase reliability.
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all "advance" work. I bought a TV on ebay ( coming next Monday) It doesn't have a remote. That is a good point about using the vol & channel for arrow keys. The manual says that will work. I will have to find a power code though...
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e.axel wrote:
I will have to find a power code though...

If the record key of that upgrade (OBC 2) turns out not to be power, ask again after testing (for more help and to correct this thread). But pending that test, I'm pretty sure OBC 2 is correct.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That upgrade mostly matches UEI's TV/0702 code (except that the UEI code uses NECx1 rather than NECx2). The OBC for the POWER button in that code is 2 (which matches the RECORD button in the upgrade, as John mentioned). The arrow buttons do indeed duplicate the CH/VOL buttons in that setup code also.
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rob. I just dumped the upgrade on to my 8811, and I am going to COSTCO to try it on the one in the store. According to the "expert" salesman there, that TV doesn't come with a remote! (There is a picture of the remote on the box).
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upgrade works. When I loaded it, I duplicated Record to Power, and Vol/Chan up/down to the arrow keys. They all worked, as well as limited menu functions. I couldn't test everything because the TV was in PC mode, in demo. I will check more thoroughly when my set comes next week
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made some progress. It DOES look like nec2x works a little better. I am still missing one code, the code for the Auto/Exit button, and menu doesn't give the right result. I get menu functions when I use ENTER.
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got an email from OFA. Correct code for this TV is 0812. Where can I find the list of functions/efc for this code?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear that you HAVE most of the functions identified. According to devices.xls, this code is not present in too many remotes, mostly relatively new ones:RS 15-2142 and 2144, URC-6690, 8203, 8206, 8820 and 9960B01.

It uses NECx2 protocol and device.subdevice 7.7

Perhaps Rob can get the official listing for the setup code from UEI, but you have enough info, I would think, to build your own and test logically for missing functions.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e.axel wrote:
Just got an email from OFA. Correct code for this TV is 0812. Where can I find the list of functions/efc for this code?
From OFA, if you're already in email contact, you should ask them to email them to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: