JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Home Theater Power Macro on URC8811
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ledan

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: How to Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been working around that for 2 days and I can't find how to set a macro on HT Power. Could you explain how to with dsm or extender.

Thanks
tau166

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look back at what Capn Trips said 3 posts ago he basically explains it. If you are using an extender "HT" mode doesn't really exist like it does in the unextended mode. You can use ANY button to assign which keys are assigned to which device with an extender so you could assign the "HT" key to put the "transport" keys to VCR, "volume" keys to RCVR, etc. Whichever device you assign the "other" keys to will be the device that controls the power button. You would then have to put a macro on the power button for that device as Capn Trips said. I hope that helps. If you play with the extender a bit it will probably make more sense.

FYI, after I put on the extender I abondoned this approach. I assigned the "HT" button to be my master power on/off macro. I now have macros on my VCR, CBL, DVD, etc. buttons which assign the right keys for the right mode I want to be in. If I just want full access to the VCR, CBL, DVD, etc. I have this assigned to a shifted version of the same button. For example if I want to adjust the TV volume seperately from the RCVR (which I have assigned to the volume keys otherwise) I press shift-TV first to get into TV only mode. Example 2: If I want to turn the VCR on or off I press shift-VCR to be in VCR only mode and then press power. IF I press just VCR it assigns the volume keys to the RCVR, and mostly everything else to the VCR. Like I said before play with the extender first and it will start to make sense.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: