JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer Service Remote GGF1381
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corona

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Pioneer Service Remote GGF1381 Reply with quote

Hi All,

Think I need a little help, been at this all day, just got my JP1 cable and URC-8811 from Robman. No problems hooking it up and getting it to upload and download or with loading into RM or IR, so far so good. Things went to hell when I loaded the Pioneer Service Remote file GGF1381 into the remote, no matter what I do, I cannot get a response from my DVR531, it just does not get recognized, I uploaded the file for Dvr 520 and my machine responds to it. There must be something I'm missing in the setup, any ideas. I've done it a dozen times, step by step, but it just won't work. Thanks.

Corona
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People typically use service remotes to hack their players, and the button labels (on the service remote) usually have very little to do with the function they perform as part of the hack.
Corona

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
People typically use service remotes to hack their players, and the button labels (on the service remote) usually have very little to do with the function they perform as part of the hack.

Hi Robman, I am trying to replace the hard drive in my DVR, it requires the 8811 to be programmed with your Service Remote GGF 1381 file. I have tried to load it and make it work about 20 times now. No success.

Corona
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, with the paucity of useful information here, it's unlikely anybody can help you.

What does "went to hell" mean?
What is GGF1381?
If it the service remote?
What file are you referring to? (provide a link)
What is (are) DVR531 (Dvr520)?
What "machine" responds to it?
What, for that matter, is "it"?

If one could see the files which you used (KM or RM and IR) - preferably uploaded to the diagnostic area and provided with links here - someone may be able to provide you a useful comment.

If you would say exactly what you are trying to do and provide more detail:
Does the IR file seem to upload to the 8811 correctly?
Does the 8811 transmit when you press a mapped button (for a KNOWN function/response)?
Are you certain that the file you are attempting to use contains codes that ought to operate this piece of equipment?

I would recommend the Number 1 Code Search FAQ (linked below) and then the SECOND post in the Beginners - read this first sticky post.

Edit: You replied while I was typing, but the questions and advice still apply, particularly about links to files in question and detailed explanations about what you are trying to accomplish, what has been done, and the symptoms.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Corona

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, with the paucity of useful information here, it's unlikely anybody can help you.

Sorry Capn Trips. I'll try to explain a bit better. I have a Pioneer DVR model 531, the hard drive in it has crashed. In order to replace it, a Service Remote 1381 is required, however, Pioneer will not sell it to anyone other than authorized dealers. Now, that remote has been hacked, the Robman has posted a file called Service Remote GGF 1381.txt available in the files section. I loaded it into RM, made the button changes for my URC 8811 and copied the output over to IR, then uploaded the file to my aforementioned remote. My DVR does not recognize the remote which does actually send an IR signal. (went to hell means my procedure didn't work) In order to verify the remote was actually working, I loaded another file called Pioneer DVD Recorder 520HS.txt also from the files section. My DVR 531 responds to some of the buttons, such as numbers and power, that tells me the remote is ok. Since I cannot communicate when GGF 1381 in loaded in the remote and it is supposed to work with my DVR, I assume I am doing something wrong in the Setup. I will try to upload the files to the diagnostic area. Thanks

Corona
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corona wrote:
Since I cannot communicate when GGF 1381 in loaded in the remote and it is supposed to work with my DVR, I assume I am doing something wrong in the Setup.

Whereas I would assume that maybe this is not the right service remote for what you need, or maybe you're using it incorrectly (ie, not pressing the right button at the right moment).
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you've searched rather extensively, so you ought not be surprised, since the LAST post in this thread suggests the 520 procedure didn't work for another user's 531, and the absense of follow-up solutions to that post is not encouraging.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Corona

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
It sounds like you've searched rather extensively, so you ought not be surprised, since the LAST post in this thread suggests the 520 procedure didn't work for another user's 531, and the absense of follow-up solutions to that post is not encouraging.

Thank you all for your help. The 520 procedure does work with the 531 but apparently not using JP1. I tried decoding the .ccf file to a text file, lost cause for me. I'll just start looking for a used Pronto.

Corona
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corona wrote:
The 520 procedure does work with the 531

If you have evidence to back that up, maybe that evidence also contains something that will help us guess what went wrong for you.

Corona wrote:
but apparently not using JP1.

I haven't double checked the work done by other JP1 experts on these Pioneer service remote signals. But I expect they did it right.

I have less of a guess whether you did the upgrade and testing right, and whether the 520 is as compatible with the 531 as you seem to think.

Anyway, JP1 can definitely generate the right signals if you know what the right signals are and know how to use JP1.

Corona wrote:
I'll just start looking for a used Pronto.

An expensive solution if the problem is your misunderstanding of JP1 and an expensive non solution if the problem is the signals or the proceedure.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corona wrote:
The 520 procedure does work with the 531

On what do you base that assumption? Do you have links to where you found the evidence that this procedure should work.

Also, if you read the description of the Pronto files you'll see that you need to also have BOTH the service manual and the "DVD Recorder Data Disc (GGV1179)". Do you have both of these?

Quote:
This is the complete set of IR codes for the service remote (GGF1381). This remote can be used with the Pioneer DVR-510H/DVR-520H in conjunction with the Service Manual (RRV2963) to access special service-related menus on the DVR. Also, the harddrive in the DVR can be replaced/updated if the DVD Recorder Data Disc (GGV1179) is purchased from Pioneer.

Corona wrote:
I tried decoding the .ccf file to a text file, lost cause for me.

For what purpose? The JP1 file was created based on the data in the Pronto CCFs.

Corona wrote:
I'll just start looking for a used Pronto.

Have you ever used a Pronto before? The learning curve is much steaper than using JP1, so if you are unable to do it using JP1, you might have some difficulty doing it with a Pronto. That is, of course, assuming that the DVP-531 can be hacked using exactly the same technique that is used for the DVP-520.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some searching and according to this post it looks like you can replace the HDD in the DVP-531.

There is a very cool PDF at PioneerFAQ.com that details the step-by-step with pictures.

Corona, what steps have you performed and what actually happened?

Please load the IR image that has the service remote upgrade installed so we can check it.
Corona

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I did some searching and according to this post it looks like you can replace the HDD in the DVP-531.

There is a very cool PDF at PioneerFAQ.com that details the step-by-step with pictures.

Corona, what steps have you performed and what actually happened?

Please load the IR image that has the service remote upgrade installed so we can check it.

Robman, thanks for looking into this. Videohelp.com has a whole procedure outlined for what I am trying to do. The following is a quote from one of the members who programmed a Pronto.

was able to get a Philips Pronto TS1000/01 remote for this task. I downloaded Robke51's file
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/images/guides/p1205741/pronto.zip

which unzips to a CCF file.

Philips has their ProntoEdit software available for free download on their web site,
http://www.pronto.philips.com/index.cfm?id=1273

So far I have changed out the hard drive, got a copy of the Pioneer Service Disk GGV1179 and am now trying without success to communicate with my DVR531 using the URC8811 programmed with your Pioneer Service Remote GGF1381.txt. Can't make it work. I will upload the IR image to the Diagnostics area. The important functions are the numbers, escape, clear, stop, stereo, and search. I used the following buttons for these functions Exit=escape, Select=clear, Stop=stop, Vol(-)=stereo, and Vol(+)=search. I also am following the Pioneer faq step by step.
Corona

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Unable to post image Reply with quote

Robman, sorry I am unable to post the image, I did upload the IR file to the diagnostics area, here's the link

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3473

Corona
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corona wrote:
Robman, sorry I am unable to post the image

What image are you trying to load? If you're talking about the IR image, posting it to the Diagnosis Area is what I was looking for you to do, so you did the right thing.

I don't see anything wrong with the upgrade that's in the IR file, but I suspect that this file is not totally representative of what's in the remote. I suspect this because all the other device buttons are set to CBL/0000. Is that really how all the other device buttons are programmed?

If the upgrade is loaded correctly, which it looks like it is, then your URC-8811 is replicating the signals of the GGF1381 remote. If your DVD player is not responding to them, I would suggest that you explore other options as to why that is. For starters, does it still respond to it's own remote? (ie, this will verify whether it's IR receiver is working) Is there more than one model of DVP-531 out there? There are alot of cases where players with the same model number have different firmware or hardware and you usually need to know the serial number to know if it's hackable, for example.
Corona

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't see anything wrong with the upgrade that's in the IR file, but I suspect that this file is not totally representative of what's in the remote. I suspect this because all the other device buttons are set to CBL/0000. Is that really how all the other device buttons are programmed?

Robman, that is how the remote is programmed. When I did the upgrade and loaded into the remote, it cancelled the other codes. I didn't think that was a problem since my main focus is obtaining communication with the DVR531. I was playing with the remote tonight and observed the following buttoms do not turn on the red light when pressed. The buttons are programmed, maybe the remote is bad.
Inop: Guide, Rt ->, Exit, Info, Vol+, Enter, Play, Rec, and the No 7.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: