JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Converting data to a JP1 upgrade file
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garypen wrote:
This might be a perfect opportunity for judicious use of the popular acronym RTFM. Very Happy

Not a word in my manual's Setup section about Remote#. Considering how it worked, it's default, I suppose.

I still do not have non-region1 disc. But I can confirm that no harm was done to my DVD (Panasonic DVD-S35) by using gary's sequence. Reset displays "-----" on the DVD, and then it attempts to Read the disk, and plays if it can.
1. Region 1 disc plays under region1 setting.
2. Region 1 disc does NOT play under region3 setting. The DVD says NoPlay, and the screen says "The disc may not be played in your region"
3. Region 1 disc plays under region-free setting.
4. Resetting to factory state worked as well.
If I ever get my region2 disc back, I'll report it here, but I'm darn sure it'll work region free.

Since I already had a 176.0 dvd upgrade, I added just that OBC for 00F2 in KM, replaced the existing device upgrade in IR and just made a quick and dirty DSM on an obscure xshift button using existing buttons matching the required OBC sequence. DSM issued the magic incantation and that's that. I'll probably add another for resetting back. Not yet sure if needed.
garypen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have some R2 discs tonight to confirm. But, your testing so far makes it look good. I never thought to set it for a non-R1 region, and try an R1 disc. Brilliant!

EDIT: It works. I tried it with two different R2 discs. Of course, it still plays R1 and no-region discs just fine.

I think I will start a new thread with a more appropriate subject line, to let would-be Panasonic region-free wannabees know how easy it is.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did anybody ever successfully play a non-region 1 Disc in one of these Panny DVD players?

Also, is this a pretty much standard Panny DVD hack cross all models? i.e is it likely to work on the DMR-EH75 (DVD/VCR/HDD recorder)?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup.
Europe disks play just fine here. Any region, or region free. For s35.
I just dug out two upgrade files. I do recall making a DSM, a very simple setup. But I can't tell from the two files I just uploaded which I actually used. I think the one that shows a sequence on the [Functions] sheet.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4095
If you need DSM I'll dig that out too.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips, the KM upgrades I posted were experimental, they just have the region free related stuff in them.
This file which I just uploaded
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4096
is the real thing. Keymove #60 and DSMs #29 and 30 are about region free. Tested, and basically no longer in use. Once you set it, you forget it.

I don't know how universal this is. But if you manage to put the magic sequence of hex values into any old remote, you could try in the store, maybe.
garypen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
So did anybody ever successfully play a non-region 1 Disc in one of these Panny DVD players?

Also, is this a pretty much standard Panny DVD hack cross all models? i.e is it likely to work on the DMR-EH75 (DVD/VCR/HDD recorder)?
If you look at the post directly above yours, You'll see that I had gotten a number of R2 discs to play just fine back in August.

Also, I am using a DMR-E85H, so it should probably work on your DMR as well.
TonyR2013

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Hoping for some more detail on this! Reply with quote

I live in Canada. I am trying to hack my Panasonic S42 to be region free so I can watch some region 2 DVDs I have. I have read this thread from top to bottom and I don't understand how to accomplish this. I have the original remote control so I would like to use the sequence for remote control but cannot send the 00F2 part in the middle and this is where I am stuck.
I do not own a JP1 remote. I do own a SONY RM-VLZ620 but don't know anything beyond what the user manual says so I don't know if it is even capable of sending the 00F2 part or how I would enter it into the memory of the remote. I don't know what 00F2 stands for - is it a customized code that only Panasonic uses or is it hexadecimal os some such thing? If anyone can explain these code systems, I wouldn't feel so dumb!
I don't own any equipment that uses infra red signalling other than old dedicated remotes for other equipment. I used to have a Palm but tossed it out a while back. So if any of you smart people can figure out a workaround that I could use, I would be very grateful. And I will definitely post my results when I try to make your solution work.
Thank you all for reading my post
Tony
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you found a hack that works with a JP1 or one-for-all remote, then you'll have to get yourself one of those before you can go any further. There's no point in going into the details until you get the right remote. There is a list of compatible remotes on the Wiki page linked above.

When you post back, also post a link to the instructions and codes for the hack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: