JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR 7.00 (beta3) now available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetskier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered something while adding my RECS80 (90) back in for volume control on my whole house amp. I set AUD as the device for this upgrade and set it as the VPT, it works on all the device keys that I did not put an upgrade on (i.e. SAT, CBL, CD). I used those three device keys for my three sat receivers under the three different remote addresses. When I do the 993 on the remote and set it to the AUD button, it correctly shows up in IR, but it does not function like a VPT for those three buttons.

If you want, I can post the IR file.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The correct fix is to leave protocols.ini alone, and change the 10820 RDF so it has 0002:5 in the [Protocols] section, rather than 0002
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
jetskier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
The correct fix is to leave protocols.ini alone, and change the 10820 RDF so it has 0002:5 in the [Protocols] section, rather than 0002

Reseting protocols.ini back to the original and changing the rdf to either 0002:5 or 0002:2 did not work. 0002:5 did not even respond, 0002:2 did respond but with mixed up buttons. The only way I got it working again with the original protocols.ini file was to use 0002:2 and edit the fixed data in IR to be 00 00 00 00 00 rather than 00 00 similar to what I originally posted.

Any ideas?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using the original 0002:5 but set Device 2 to 0. That'll cause the Fixed Data to be 00 00 00 00 00, which is apparently what you need.
jetskier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
Try using the original 0002:5 but set Device 2 to 0. That'll cause the Fixed Data to be 00 00 00 00 00, which is apparently what you need.

That seems to get the same results as my little work around.
FWIW, this works on the 942, 508, and 510 receivers that I have. All PVRs that required the Dish Network Combo on my 8810w's.

Any ideas why the VPT is blocked when using an upgrade?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No clue about your VPT issues, sorry.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated and reloaded my URC-10820 RDF to include all the protocol variants listed here.
jetskier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
I've updated and reloaded my URC-10820 RDF to include all the protocol variants listed here.

Just for grins and so I feel a little useful Rolling Eyes in these forums, I created the RDF, image and map files for the 6820. I used the 8820 for a template.

Image and Map file for 6820
6820 RDF

I've tested it using my 10820 IR upgrade and it works. In the Layout tab in RM, the extra phantom buttons are stacked at the bottom. There may be a better way to handle these both in map location and the naming in the RDF.

binky123, you may want to synchronize the naming of Rewind and Fast_forward buttons on your 10820 and 8820 RDFs so they are the same. When you switch between the two, RM gives you the "Lost Function Assignment" nag screen.

No all we need is an extender! Surprised
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Issues w/ IR 7.0 beta 2 Reply with quote

jkoopman wrote:

2) IR seems to loose connection to the COM port frequently. If I connect my JP1.2 interface to COM1 (in WinXP Pro) and to the remote, then start IR.exe, select the JP1.x radio button (which is forgotten every time IR.exe is closed, good enhancement to store current interface in registry and set automatically at startup), and then "Check Interface" it will work, and I can download/upload immediately.

If I then wait awhile (like tweaking my remote programming), and then attempt to "Check Interface" or "Download"/"Upload" then the interface check will fail with:

"Failed to open JP1.2 interface"

Workaround: Save my configuration, exit IR, restart IR, select JP1.x
radio button and "Check Interface", and it'll work again.

There was a bug that made IR7.0 incorrectly select an interface type that was not the pervious used one. It will be corrected in the next release. Regarding the lost connection, it is hard to tell what might cause it. Every time IR communicates with the remote, it opens the com port, reads or writes, then closes the port. So there is no "timeout" that might be triggered by a long period of inactivity. Do you have a more detailed description as how and when this problem occurs ?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskier wrote:
Just for grins and so I feel a little useful Rolling Eyes in these forums, I created the RDF, image and map files for the 6820. I used the 8820 for a template.

Image and Map file for 6820
6820 RDF

I've tested it using my 10820 IR upgrade and it works. In the Layout tab in RM, the extra phantom buttons are stacked at the bottom. There may be a better way to handle these both in map location and the naming in the RDF.

I think the 6802, 8802, and 10820 are essentially the same remote, having the same signature and therefore should share an RDF, in the same way the 881x, 801x, and 601x remotes do.

They do, of course, require seperate map and image files.
jetskier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
I think the 6802, 8802, and 10820 are essentially the same remote, having the same signature and therefore should share an RDF, in the same way the 881x, 801x, and 601x remotes do.

They do, of course, require seperate map and image files.

Greg,

I created a common "10631063 (URC-6820_8820_10820).rdf" and revised the map files so the button labels were consistent between the three. I have not uploaded it yet. The only concern I have is the 10820 has separate CBL and SAT buttons whereas the 6820 and 8820 have a combined button that's label CBL/SAT that resides in the CBL device slot if you were running the 10820. How have you addressed this in the past in IR? Should the 10820 be separate and the 6820/8820 be combined? Leave it alone and let the end user figure it out?
jetskier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
No clue about your VPT issues, sorry.

Greg,

I figured it out after reading this post. Since I was using the CBL and SAT buttons as device type "PVR", VPT will not work. I'd have to revert back to the native/default CBL/SAT type. I deleted all the volume keymoves and redid the RM files for these as CBL/SAT type in place of PVR. VPT now works without using memory for the keymoves. Using CBL/SAT over PVR didn't require anymore keymoves as part of the upgrade in this case.

An extender would give complete control. For now, I'll keymove the volume/mute buttons.
jetskier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Keymoves Reply with quote

I was trying to add macros to my experimental IR file in my 10820. After a lot of frustration, I started trying different combination of upgrades to find the cause. Here is the problem. I was assigning discrete on/off codes to my phantom keys. When tested, I get a flash, but not response. I then tried other buttons and it still would not work. For kicks in RM, I put the discretes on a regular button that would not require a keymote (+100 or enter). The discretes worked!!! The second I put them on a keymove in the upgrade it fails.

Any ideas?

This was the case for any upgrade I tried. Here is a simple test. I started with a 981 reset and downloaded it from the remote. I selected TV/0047 for my old GE that works fine with my JP1 remote. I added two keymoves for on and off and assigned them to L1 & L2. Upload and no response from TV. The remove flashes when you press the buttons. Then in RM, I built a simple upgrade using the RCA protocol that matches the TV/0047. I programmed the on/offs to the +100 and enter buttons. It works.

Summary what's going on with the keymoves?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to post your IR & RMDU files so we can see exactly what you did.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried creating the keymoves on the remote itself? It might also help to do that, and post a download of the results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: