JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help with Triple Dragon FTA sat box
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firehawk007 wrote:
when I change channels with same double digits it adds the same extra digit at the end.
This could either be very difficult and require someone to modify the protocol (beyond my ability) or really simple and can be solved by adjusting the "speed of the IR emitter" in the Slingbox setup after you select the desired code on the "Channel Changing" page.
Quote:
Also, I tried remapping the color keys and weren't able to find it on the sling remote. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks....
Do you mean on the RemoteMapMaster picture of the Sling virtual remote or on the Virtual remote itself when running the Slingplayer?

On the virtual remote there are only certain keys visible. You would have to assign the command to one of the visible buttons. You can't easily alter the existing display. If you have assigned the function to a button in RM then it should show up on the button that you assigned it to... except for the rows of small buttons at the bottom. These can be accessed from the drop down menus on the Slingplayer. The Slingplayer may assign it's own name for the command which might be different than what you may be expecting.
nyandy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: TRIPLE DRAGON-SLINGBOX Reply with quote

I need some help for my slingbox to get the IR codes from my sattelite receiver "Triple dragon DBS-3000"

Thank you
Your help will be apreciated
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: TRIPLE DRAGON-SLINGBOX Reply with quote

nyandy wrote:
I need some help for my slingbox to get the IR codes from my sattelite receiver "Triple dragon DBS-3000"

Thank you
Your help will be apreciated

You're not giving us much to go on. This sure sounds like a "I haven't read anything, could you walk me through it" type of post, which is probably why nobody's bothered to respond to it.

A better approach would be to confirm that you have read the "how to" documentation that we have written and ask specific questions about the steps that you've had trouble with.
jp1chiro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: not sure my version is right Reply with quote

I am back trying to run the TD from my sling box. I un-installed my upgraded version and installed the version from the CD which is 1.0.3.93. I am still un-able to add any type of bin file to the slingbox. Is it possible to used a bin file editor, copy over all existing info in a existing bin file then re-save and have the sling recognize it?
Any other help would be great.
Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: not sure my version is right Reply with quote

jp1chiro wrote:
I am back trying to run the TD from my sling box. I un-installed my upgraded version and installed the version from the CD which is 1.0.3.93. I am still un-able to add any type of bin file to the slingbox. Is it possible to used a bin file editor, copy over all existing info in a existing bin file then re-save and have the sling recognize it?
Any other help would be great.
Thanks

A better approach would be to figure out what you're doing wrong, as once you get that figured out you'll be able to add all the bin files you like.

I don't know the different versions of the SLingplayer software by number, so I don't know if the version that you are now using is the old one where the bin files were visible or the new one where they are not.

Either way, the process of adding a bin file is pretty much the same, and the new process for loading them would also work with the old software (ie, using the "other" option).
jp1chiro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: These are the steps I did Reply with quote

firehawk007 wrote:
Here are the steps that I took. Downloaded the two version of the KeyMapMaster file from the file download section. Launched the RM application and opened the the first version of the KeyMapMaster file. Selected the slingmedia JL from the upgrade drop down device list. Went to the Advance tab and click on Export as a Binary File and saved it in the slinemedia SBAV directory. Launched the Audio/Video setting and at the remote control part, selected other and put in the file name as the one I saved which defaults to V2000. Reads in the file fine but when I try to use the remote such as power on and off, it doesnt' turn the receiver off. I also tried the version 2 of the KeyMapMaster and same result. Really appreciated all the help you guys are providing. Let me know if there are any questions. Thanks...

I selected the JU not the JL. Instead of V2000 I used V2024. When going into the slingbox setup the V2024 doesn't show up. When I go into the SBAV file directly it is there. I tried errasing v0002 and exporting the bin file from keymap with that same name and it still didn't work.
Rob, its pretty amazing that you keep up on this. Thanks for the help. Im hoping to get this down so I can write a little step by step direction for everyone else.
jp1chiro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: The problem I think is the sling Reply with quote

I was able to use a bin editor to look at the bin file I created for the slingbox. It appears to have the same make up as any of the other files already loaded. The problem I believe is that the sling just won't accept any new bin I put in there. In an earlier post someone said it was because the program I was using was too new. I downgraded to the one on the cd and still not luck. Any one have slingmedia before 1.0.3.93?
Thanks,
Blane
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: