JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lorex L-154 PVR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BruceK

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Lorex L-154 PVR Reply with quote

Okay,

I am trying to create (from scratch) control codes for a Slingbox to control a Lorex DVR. Since there are NO files for Lorex products, I have read about how to create the Slingbox .bin file with RM. I think I understand how to do that, from reading all the threads on that. But, I need to have the right codes entered into RM first.

So, in order to learn the codes, I decided to use my Pronto 3000 remote, and look at the Hex code it learned. That worked, but I don't know how to translate the Hex code into the parameters that RM needs. The Lorex remote only has 15 keys. Numbers 1-4 for selecting cameras 1-4, play keys, menu keys, etc. Every key started with the Hex string 900A 006D 0000 0001. So, the IR signals that the Pronto took looked like this:

1 - 900A 006D 0000 0001 04FB 11EE
2 - 900A 006D 0000 0001 04FB 13EC
3 - 900A 006D 0000 0001 04FB 14EB
Menu - 900A 006D 0000 0001 04FB 44BB

I think these codes are right, but SOMETIMES the Pronto learned a completely different looking code. For example, I sometimes got codes that looked like this:

1 - 0000 006A 0000 0002 0160 0057 0018 0ECC
2 - 0000 006A 0000 0002 0160 0059 0016 0ECC

Based on these signals I read from the Pronto, what should I put in the fields in RM?? I need to know what goes in the fields on the main page (Setup Code, Protocol, Device, and Sub Device), and what would go in the fields on the Function page (EFC, OBC, HEX) for each button.

Does anyone know how to translate the HEX codes into these fields in RM??

Thanks
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 900A almost always (and including this time) means it is NEC1 protocol, so you choose that in RM.

The device is 4 (from the 04 in those codes). There is no subdevice (because 04 plus FB is FF, which is a special rule in NEC1 for no subdevice).

The OBC numbers in hex are the 11, 13, 14 and 44 in those codes. Note OBC in hex is not the same as RM's "hex command". To use those you must translate from hex to decimal and type into RM as OBC numbers. For example 11 hex is 17 decimal. In RM you can type any one of EFC, OBC or Hex command and RM will compute the other two. From the 900A format you can compute only the OBC so that is the one you use.

Those other two codes are useless and must be relearned. When the Pronto doesn't recognise the signal as NEC1, it stores the signal in that other format. If it stored a nearly correct signal in that other format you could use the JP1 modified version of IrTool.exe to decode the signal (give you protocol name, device number and OBC).

But those learned signals are just the end of an NEC1 signal that says some button is still pressed. It doesn't contain the beginning of the signal which says which command it is. That means you pressed the button on the original remote before the Pronto really started learning.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, that is enough to get you on your way, but if it's still not clear, just post the complete set of Pronto codes and one of us will put together the file for you really quickly.

In fact, here's a file to get you started...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3366
BruceK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply guys. I will try this file out tonight. If it works, I will post the final file in the files section.

I think using the slingbox with these types of security DVR's is a great application. It will allow many business owners a way to check in on their business, no matter where they are. I contacted Lorex about their codes, because I thought this would be a great application for them. The tech support people agreed, but said they had no clue about the IR codeset.

It is obvious the remote for this Lorex DVR is a generic remote that they are using for input control. There is a 12 button keypad where the numbers normally are, and they are just silkscreened differently for camera inputs. Camera 1 is where the "1" button would normally be, the "quad" button is where "2" is, and Camera 2 is where the "3" button would be. The botton 6 buttons are just blank on this remote. I have learned all of the buttons, but was not able to learn the power button for some reason.

Rob, I plan to put these Lorex/slingbox systems in my two business, and I see you are from Chicago. If you are ever in LaGrange, or Orland Park, (where my businesses are) I will send you some coupons for some free goodies. I own Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory's.

Thanks again for the help.
BruceK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Couldn't Wait Reply with quote

Okay, I couldn't wait until tonight. I added more buttons to the file that Robman started for me, and loaded it to the slingbox. The good news is that the info I read in the forums allowed me to load this file to the slingbox with no issues. (Yeah)

However, the "Menu" button does not work for some reason. If I enter the command I learned for the menu function, and put it in another key (I tried the numer 7, and guide) I get the menu on the DVR. So, the code is correct, and it works, but I am not able to map the menu function to the "Menu" key on the slingbox. Mapping the menu function to other keys works okay. If I want to share this file with others, I would like it mapped to the proper keys.

Why does this menu key not work?? It is not the actual code. It is like the slingbox remote does not allow that button to work. Maybe I should be asking this in the slingbox forum now..............
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably need an answer from a Slingbox expert, rather than from me. But I think they would need to know which RDF file you selected in RemoteMaster when creating the .bin file for the Slingbox.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you load the file that you created into the file section please, and then post a link to it here.

As for the MENU button, it appears that the RDFs are out of sync with the Slingboxes now, but I don't know what changed.
BruceK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a Link to the file I created for the Lorex L-154 PVR.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3370

Every button works fine, and I verified control with the SlingBox, with the exception of two buttons. I could not get the MENU button mapped to the MENU on the slingbox control. So, menu is actually on the GUIDE button now. I was also not able to learn the POWER button, so I will continue to work on that.

If anyone knows how to get the MENU button to actually work on the Sling Remote, please let me know how. But, for now, I am happy that I can control every function of this Lorex L-154.
BruceK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I knew I should not have been so quick to post that file. I have been doing some playing here at lunch, and I discovered that linking my IR code for the menu to the SETUP button in RM, will populate the MENU button on the SlingBox remote.

So, I now have a NEW file that the MENU button works on, instead of GUIDE. Since I am brand new to these forums, I don't know the proper thing to do here. Do I just Upload the newer file, and have a moderator remove my first one??

I also plan to keep trying to get the power button to work. Once I do, I will have a newer file. Should I just wait, and upload THAT file at a later date??
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can edit your own files, and edit mode allows you to replace the file.
BruceK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the file to version 1.1. This version places the menu on the actual MENU button. I also found the power code, and the power button now works.

HOWEVER, the power button will only turn the unit on. To turn the power off with the original remote, you need to hold the button for 2 seconds. The slingbox controller will not allow the command to be sent for that long.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have a chance I will try to come up with a custom version of the NEC1 protocol that will hold the POWER button for 2 seconds for the "OFF" command. Bump this thread if you don't hear back from me.
johnny0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had success with other Lorex devices? I have a SHS-4QM2 (4 cameras, no DVR).

http://lorexstore.lorextechnology.com/product.aspx?id=1735

No luck with the PL file for the DVR.

The Lorex has one of those thin credit card sized remotes similar to those little Bose ones. It has space for 32 buttons, but not all are used. This is pretty much it, but with the buttons in different positions:

http://remote.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008818222690/pdtl/Remote-control/1002727806/Super-thin-Remote-Control.htm

I'm just starting here, so my apologies for anything I should be looking up first. I don't have a Pronto or any other learning remote to get OBC codes. Is it worth trying to figure out another device that uses that same 32 button remote?

It's a pretty decent setup, with good night vision. Two cameras come with IR lights built in that work surprisingly well. Once I get this working it will be pretty cool to be able to watch my security cams on my Treo.
johnny0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: SlingBox contact Reply with quote

If anyone else has this device and wants Slingbox support, here's the link. The more requests, the more likely they are to support it.

- http://www.slingmedia.com/get/KB-005163.html
- Lorex SHS-4QM2 security camera

In the meantime, would anyone with a JP1 or a learning remote be willing to extract the codes for me if I mailed them the Lorex remote? (I don't have a JP1 or cable, and I have a Mac, not a PC...)

-john
Arun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

Somebody from SlingMedia will contact you to get your remote, so that we can extract the code.

Thanks
Arun
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: