JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Getting a bit frustrated...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Getting a bit frustrated... Reply with quote

I'm in the process of switching over remotes from an RS 2117 to a URC 8910. Due to a harddrive crash, about a year ago, I no longer have the keymap master files for what I have programmed into my RS 2117. I have duplicated all functions, by rebuilding them with keymap master and using some files from here, EXCEPT my TV.

I have a Panasonic CT-34WX53 HDTV. On my RS 2117 I am using a modified version of the code 0250. It was modified so that I had direct access, via a keypress, to all modes, such as HDMI, Component 1 and Component 2. I tried to rebuild this keymap master file, by using Robman's CT32-WX50 file, as a basis. However, for some reason, when I add it to the IR(including the extra protocol), even tho things load fine into the 8910 and the code shows as being used, none of my keys work for my TV. I really cannot figure out what I am doing wrong with this one, as I had no trouble with other keymap master builds I did.

To save some frustraction, is there any way to possibly pull the 0250 custom code setup I have on my RS2117, from IR.exe, back into keymap master? All I really want to do is move the custom 0250 setup from my RS2117 to my URC8910.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a situation like this, I suggest uploading your KM and IR files to the Diagnosis Area so one of the experts can look at them to see exactly what you've done.

Quote:
To save some frustraction, is there any way to possibly pull the 0250 custom code setup I have on my RS2117, from IR.exe, back into keymap master? All I really want to do is move the custom 0250 setup from my RS2117 to my URC8910.
You can't do this with KM, but you can do it with RM. RM has the "Import RAW Upgrade" feature on the Advanced menu.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In IR, if you go to the Devices tab, there is a button near the top, left of the button code window that will export the OBC, EFC and hex values to the clipboard. You can then Paste..Special this into an Excel sheet etc.

Could you have inadvertently used the Panasonic protocol when making your new upgrade rather than the Panasonic Combo protocol? Discrete inputs may use a different subdevice (128.4) to the main device (128.0).

As already stated, if you post the IR and KM files (output only, not the whole spreadsheet) to the Diagnosis Area and then post a message back here with a link to those files then usually someone will look at them and give you an answer without having to ask too many more questions.
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
In a situation like this, I suggest uploading your KM and IR files to the Diagnosis Area so one of the experts can look at them to see exactly what you've done.

Quote:
You can't do this with KM, but you can do it with RM. RM has the "Import RAW Upgrade" feature on the Advanced menu.

I'll the RM and see if I pull it in. If not, I'll upload my IR files.

underquark wrote:
In IR, if you go to the Devices tab, there is a button near the top, left of the button code window that will export the OBC, EFC and hex values to the clipboard. You can then Paste..Special this into an Excel sheet etc.

Could you have inadvertently used the Panasonic protocol when making your new upgrade rather than the Panasonic Combo protocol? Discrete inputs may use a different subdevice (128.4) to the main device (128.0).

I don't think so, but I do know that Robman's file I was using as a basis was not using the 0250 code I had been using, so I don't know where I got the file to base my custom 0250 from(I know I didn't build it from scratch).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, this is a perfect example of why it's a good idea to load your KM files into the file section. Plus, you'll be sharing them with others too.
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Of course, this is a perfect example of why it's a good idea to load your KM files into the file section. Plus, you'll be sharing them with others too.

I actually did for my HTL-HD Directv receiver, which I now no longer use(I'm Omniprezent from the old board). For some reason I never did do the TV tho(I have no idea why tho).
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you still have your OEM remotes, with two learners, it may be faster to just learn and decode and build your files from scratch anyways, rather than deal with the necessary delays of posting files, waiting for someone to decode them and manipulate them for you, and re-post them, and then waiting to see if they work for you as you desire.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, I fixed it. I took a step back and used an old version, I had from days earlier that just included my DVD player and Receiver. I then rebuilt from there and everything seems to be working. Don't know what really went wrong but it's working now.

Now to just finish a few extra keys and I'm done(again) Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to load up all of your KM/RM files this time! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: