JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PACE DC221KN (Digital Cable Box - NTL Ireland)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qmacker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: PACE DC221KN (Digital Cable Box - NTL Ireland) Reply with quote

1. Device: PACE DC221KN
2. Type of device: Digital Cable Box / MPEG-2 Decoder
3. Year: 2006 (I think)
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: N/A
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No.
6. Still have original remote? Yes, but...(see post below)
7. Checked the file section? Yes. Nothing works.
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes. Nothing works.
9. Partially working setup code? Yes. Pace>IMagicTV gives me Power and Keypad (numbers) only.
10. Learning remote question? N/A

More info: Perhaps this should be in the Slingbox section? I'll post it here first. If nothing happens after a week or so, I'll post a modified version in the Slingbox area. Really though, this is a code I'm looking for that can be used in RemoteMaster - and thus exported to a bin file - e.g. V1041_PL.bin

This is for a cable box in Ireland used by the cable company "NTL Ireland." I am in the United States (San Francisco), so I do not have physical access to the remote control. The rest of the family in Ireland are technical dummies and there is no possiblilty of even beginning to explain this to them.

Note: The only success I have had, is by choosing a few generic Pace codes from the Slingbox Setup Menu. Right now I'm using the remote code for a U.S. Pace "IMagicTV" box, and that is giving me the use of the Power control, as well as the keypad (numbers) so I can directly enter the channel number. I have no other controls though...no Channel Up/Down, no Guide, etc.

If anyone can help, I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears the the IMagicTV box uses CBL/0237, which is an RC-5 code, whereas VCR/1041 is an NEC code. Therefore, I have created upgrades files for both of them so you can test them to se which one you really need. Once you've narrowed that down, we can see about finding the extra button codes that you need.

CBL/0237:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4049

VCR/1041:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4050
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: