JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Philips DSX-5500C Satellite Receivers - unit codes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Philips DSX-5500C Satellite Receivers - unit codes? Reply with quote

I'm trying to help someone who has two identical Philips DSX-5500C Satellite Receivers in the same location which need to be controlled indenpendtly, however the remotes supplied by DirecTV are not responding to the programming methods outlined for making then unit specific.

So I'm looking for someone with similar satellite boxes that has the ability to determine what the signals look like when the remote is set to a different unit code. Can anyone help?

Here's the method used to re-program the Philips remotes (taken from the user manual for the sat boxes):

Preferences: Remote Control ID
If you purchase two DSX 5500 or DSX 5540 receivers and use them in close proximity to each other, control them independently by assigning a separate ID number to each remote.

To change the ID number of the remote control:
1. Press MENU.
2. Press DOWN ARROW to select “Preferences” and press OK.
3. Press DOWN ARROW to select “Remote Control ID” and press OK.
4. The only option available is the alternate ID. Select and press OK.
5. Press and hold down the SAT and MUTE buttons on the remote till the SAT light stays on.
6. To set the ID number to 1, enter '111' or to set the ID number to 0, enter '000'. The SAT button will blink twice to confirm the entry.
7. Point the remote at the receiver and press OK to complete the process.

Note: It is important at the end of the procedure to point the remote at the corresponding DirecTV receiver and press OK. Otherwise the remote control will change its ID but the receiver will not and communication will be lost between the two.

Click here to see the philips.com page on this device and download the user manual.

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, this is what the remote in question looks like...

mogulman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

I got your email. I have a philips 5500. What are you looking to have done?

Do you just need me to try the procedure to see if I can change my remote ID? Or do you need me to do this, and then learn something on my universal remote?

I don't have my JP1 setup currently working, because I haven't needed it for a few months.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for the latter. In other words, if you can get your remote to send the unit code specific signals, I would like you to learn them using your JP1 learning remote and send me the memory dump.

We have not documented what signals this devices uses in unit specific mode, so we can't create upgrades for those modes. I am trying to help someone who can't get his OEM remote to send the unit specific signals, so he needs a JP1 upgrade so he can use a universal instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: