JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RadioShack 15-2117 Prob, please help :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlab13

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: RadioShack 15-2117 Prob, please help :( Reply with quote

Hi all. New here.
I'm trying to get into the whole technology that is JP-1.
I just went out and picked up a RadioShack 15-2117 w/LCD and RF Command Center.

Right off the bat I'm having the following prob; I can't control RF devices. I have Radio Shack's version of X10 controllers plugged in to lights throughout my house. I popped the standard codes that were in the manual for controlling these, into the remote. They have no effect. Nothing I press is doing anything. Any suggestions? Anyone else use any X10 type stuff w/one of these?

Thanks in advance!
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: RadioShack 15-2117 Prob, please help :( Reply with quote

jlab13 wrote:
Right off the bat I'm having the following prob; I can't control RF devices. I have Radio Shack's version of X10 controllers plugged in to lights throughout my house. I popped the standard codes that were in the manual for controlling these, into the remote. They have no effect. Nothing I press is doing anything. Any suggestions? Anyone else use any X10 type stuff w/one of these?
Sorry, but what you are trying to do will not work. The RF transmissions from the 15-2117 can only be understood by the receiver that came with the remote, which in turn, can only issue command to IR-controlled devices. The X10 RF receivers will not respond to the 15-2117's transmissions.

The X10 codes referred to in the manual are X10 IR commands, which can be received by a suitable device. I forget the model number, but there is a mini-controller available that has an IR receiver in it for just this purpose. Should not be too hard to find.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To further clarify what I just said, what you need is an X10 IR543 IR Command Center. You won't find one of these at Radio Shack. They may have answers, but they never promised you the correct answers... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: