JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Linksys WMA11B Remote Protocol/Codes ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Linksys WMA11B Remote Protocol/Codes ? Reply with quote

I've just got hold of one of the new Linksys Wireless Media Adapters (WMA11B), which comes with a simple IR remote. I've also got a Topline 5 remote (non-learning) - does anyone have any details of the protocol / codes used by the Linksys remote so I could add this to my Topline 5 or, better still, has anyone already learnt the codes on a learning remote?

Thanks.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not see any device upgrades for any linksys devices over at yahoo.jp1 (you are welcome to look there if you like). I am just a newbie here, but I am guessing that the fastest way to get up and running if no one else can find info on the web would be to go to wal-mart and pick up a OFA 8810w for under $20 and learn the codes/create an upgrade yourself. (Then you can return it to wal-mart, or keep it in a drawer for future learning projects, or use it as your primary remote - it is pretty nice and an excellent value and there are several excellent extenders written for it.) Good Luck!
JP1Files
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
go to wal-mart

That'll be kinda hard for him to do since he's in Europe! Shocked

Bonus points if you can tell me how I know that, Steve. 8)
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe cuz the topline 5 and 8 are strictly european remotes? Do I win a free remote? cable?

Maybe Steve thinks Boggle is super rich and can come to the US by plane, pick up a remote at WW, fly back home and do what he needed it for (learn and decode) then fly back to return it. Probably a grand or better just to do a learn on a maybe 50.00 device. The way steve touts the WW 8810W, he must have mega shares in Wal-mart. Walmart may be the largest department store in the world, but they aren't quite world-wide Like coke, McDucks, etc.

Jim
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesgammel wrote:
Maybe cuz the topline 5 and 8 are strictly european remotes?

Nope, but it was my first clue. Wink

Quote:
Do I win a free remote?

Nope

Quote:
cable?

Nope, but... Do you need any batteries today? 8)

Quote:
The way steve touts the WW 8810W

Ahhh... go easy on him. He's still wet behind the ears. Very Happy
eq_shadimar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: I can help but don't know how Reply with quote

I have most of the basic commands for the Linksys Wireless B Media Adapter learned in my RCU810. I have been using JP1 for a bit to program etc. but I don't know how to create a file with these commands in it to share.

If someone can explain to me how to suck the codes from my remote I would be more than happy to help out with this request.

Laters,
Jeff
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: I can help but don't know how Reply with quote

eq_shadimar wrote:
I don't know how to create a file with these commands in it to share.

You must have them as learned signals, right? Take the decode information (Protocol, Device, Sub-Device, EFC, etc) and use KM (or RM) to build an upgrade file. Then save that file and upload it to the JP1 group Files area.
eq_shadimar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Ok Almost there Reply with quote

Ok Mark gotcha ya. Please tell me if I am on the right track here.

Under IR I picked a bogus SAT device since I dont have a SAT box. That is code 0409 which I don't think I need. Then under the learned section for the play button this is what is listed
SAT:Play
#: 1
Protocol: NEC1
Device: 134
Sub-Device: 107
OBC: 17
Hex CMD: 77
EFC: 121

I am using RM and this is what I have:

Description: Linksys Wireless B Media Adapter
Remote:RCA RCU810
Device Type: Misc Audio
Setup Code: 1049
Protocol: NEC1
Device Number: 134
Sub Device: 107
Parm:Blank

Functions Tab
All Blank but Play

#32 Play EFC 121 (the other filled in automatically)

But now I am lost as to what to do with the other tabs. I know I will continue to add other functions but should I delete the ones I don't use? Do I need to worry about any of the other tabs?

Sorry to be a pain in the butt but I couldn't find any readme for RM and I guess I am just missing something obvious.

Laters,
Jeff
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Ok Almost there Reply with quote

eq_shadimar wrote:
But now I am lost as to what to do with the other tabs. I know I will continue to add other functions but should I delete the ones I don't use? Do I need to worry about any of the other tabs?

To just share the function codes, you don't need to worry about the other tabs. However, you might as well make yourself an upgrade to load back into your remote to replace all those learned commands. Continue adding the functions as you are, then go to the Buttons (or Layout) tab and assign those functions to some logical buttons. On the Output tab, you should see the Upgrade Code that gets copied and pasted over to IR. Save that RM file... it's what you'll want to upload to the Files area.

Save the IR file to preserve the learned signals, then delete them if you add the upgrade.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Ok Almost there Reply with quote

eq_shadimar wrote:
I know I will continue to add other functions but should I delete the ones I don't use?

I assume you mean delete lines in the functions tab for which found no corresponding signals. It doesn't matter much whether you delete those. Whichever way you prefer.

Notice that you can change the names of functions by typing over them. If the command you found is very close in meaning to one that's already there, then it's good to just enter the OBC (or EFC) on that line. But if you don't find a good match, don't just pick a not_so_good match. Either change the name of a line you otherwise wouldn't use, or insert a new line.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeff,
If you're not making any headway, post your RCU810 memory dump (that includes all the learned signals) in the Diagnosis Area and one of us will create an upgrade from it.

If any of the function names are vastly different than the buttons you have them learned to, please mention (in the file description) what these are (eg, "Open Session" is learned to the PIP button, etc)
eq_shadimar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: All done!!! Reply with quote

Damm that was too easy. I will upload the file to Yahoo Groups file section. I love this!! I have a bunch of other stuff to do now that I am no longer a virgin Laughing

EDIT: Okies the file is there hopefully someone can test it or look at it to make sure it is ok. I did load the upgrade file back into my remote and it does work!! Woohoo!! Thanks for the help and hopefully this will help others.

laters,
Jeff
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, I can't find the file, could you please provide a link to it, or at least tell us what it's called.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
provide a link to it

Rob,

It's an RM file named Linksys Wireless B Media Adapter.rmdu.
eq_shadimar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Yep that is it Reply with quote

There is also a .TXT file that describes the button mapping. I put it in the RM Upgrades folder and then under the Misc section because it technically is an MP3 player.

Laters,
Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: