JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"HT" mode in 8810w

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e34m5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: "HT" mode in 8810w Reply with quote

How do (is it even possible) to map more buttons to the "HT" mode.

I want to map the L1-L4 buttons to control the discrete inputs on my receiver while in the "HT" mode.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On some models it looks like learned signals can be specific to HT mode, but I doubt the 8810 is one of those and I assume you don't have a source to teach the discrete codes as learned signals.

Without an extender, I'm pretty sure that in HT mode the L1-L4 keys will be whatever keymoves (or macros) they would have been in whichever mode you were in just before entering HT mode. That might solve your problem, but I doubt it.

I think the extender is the best solution. It makes all modes into "dynamic HT" modes so you have much more control to define the bahavior of the remote.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: "HT" mode in 8810w Reply with quote

e34m5 wrote:
How do (is it even possible) to map more buttons to the "HT" mode.

I want to map the L1-L4 buttons to control the discrete inputs on my receiver while in the "HT" mode.

If I remember correctly in the none extended 8810 the L1-4 keys are global so if you put a 1 button macro on any of them they will be available in all devices. Probably the same for keymoves.

Or, with the extender installed they are part of the O group of buttons along with Power, M1-4, L1-4, Setup, Light, Home-Th, device keys, phantoms. In which case you can assign functions to them specific to the mode you want and set the O buttons for that device to be active when in any device. You can for example set the functions for the TV O buttons and use them in any mode/device. With the extender every device button can act as HT mode.
e34m5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the L1-4 keys are tied to a device key therefore having the ability to perform multiple functions depending on the particular device selected.

Tell me more of this extender you speak of...
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e34m5 wrote:

Tell me more of this extender you speak of...

There is a readme file with each extender that documents it. The 8810w uses the same extenders as the 6012. Those files are here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Extenders/URC-6012/

If you aren't yet a member of Yahoo JP1 it will ask you to join before that link will work.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e34m5 wrote:
I thought the L1-4 keys are tied to a device key therefore having the ability to perform multiple functions depending on the particular device selected.

That's correct, as far as learned signals go. Learned buttons are device specific, as are key moves. Macros, however are global. If you were to use one of the L# buttons as the bound key in a macro, it would be active in ALL devices.

Pay no attention to the 881x manual that implies you can only learn to to L# buttons, and put macros on the M# buttons. The fact is, almost any button can be used for either. Some exceptions would be the device buttons; they can't be learned to, and you can't use them for macros programmed directly via the keypad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: