JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New version of RemoteChart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: New version of RemoteChart Reply with quote

After more than two years of hiatus, I have resumed updating the RemoteChart table. Its purpose is to list all remotes known to be JP1able.
As the list is getting quite long, I have improved it by giving colors on the entries for currently buyable JP1 remotes (green) and not (yet?) supported current JP1.1/1.2 remotes (red).
The non colored entries are for remote that are either discontinued or can only be obtained bundled with other equipment (cable box, etc.).
The chart has mainly be compiled from the existing RDFs and from postings in this forum and the old Yahoo one.
The table still contains a lot of question marks and probably a lot of errors Confused .
All contributions to improve this are welcome Smile .

HTML Version
Excel Version
Alain
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice update, Alain.

If it's OK with you, I'll delete the old one that I uploaded some time ago, to avoid confusion.

A few comments:
(1) You could add the no-longer-in-production HTPro, which is identical to the URC-9910 (down to using the same rdf) - includes RF extender.

(2) for that matter, the 8910 is the same with the exception of the RF extender - for your "Similar models" column

(3) You might want to consider adding an "RF extender" column

(4) Sky+ remote is different from Sky (more buttons) but uses the same processor and (apparently) the same rdf. NO Sky or Sky+ remote has learning, and there are many versions. Version 6 of Sky+ has just been hacked but the rdf is a work in progress (Rob, CC?) That newest version has neither holes NO pads, so modifying it for JP1 is a real PITA, but has been done. Very few 99X commands apply (like - I believe only the resets do). I'll provide more detail when I get it.

The Capn

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Alain. Great spreadsheet.
My 5 cents:

Model URC-6131 (6131n)
Processor S3C80+?
RDF says: Processor=S3C80

> 2k Support ??
depends on the meaning of "support"
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4372 indicates 8K exists and runs the extender

JP1er Rob
Hal & Mike wrote the extenders
Different button layout in new and old. Power button=Red LED on new, so using the Power button covers debugging watch.

Model URC-9910 (9911)
aka HTPro? I think HTPro=9910

Name One for All 8 Dev RF LCD
I know IR is implied, but several others say IR/RF
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback Capn'.
It's OK for the deletion of the old version (and already done it appears).
I hope Rob will do the same for the HTML version when he will be back from vacation.

Capn Trips wrote:
(1) You could add the no-longer-in-production HTPro, which is identical to the URC-9910 (down to using the same rdf) - includes RF extender.

Done (same line as URC-9910).
Capn Trips wrote:
((2) for that matter, the 8910 is the same with the exception of the RF extender - for your "Similar models" column

Done, and reciprocally for the 9910.
Capn Trips wrote:
((3) You might want to consider adding an "RF extender" column

This was already discussed : the chart should be limited to JP1 relevant information, and not a complete feature comparison.
Capn Trips wrote:
((4) Sky+ remote is different from Sky (more buttons) but uses the same processor and (apparently) the same rdf. NO Sky or Sky+ remote has learning, and there are many versions. Version 6 of Sky+ has just been hacked but the rdf is a work in progress (Rob, CC?) That newest version has neither holes NO pads, so modifying it for JP1 is a real PITA, but has been done. Very few 99X commands apply (like - I believe only the resets do). I'll provide more detail when I get it.

I have been quite confused with the various versions of Sky remotes described in this forum. I have made three entries, because three different signatures have been mentioned, but if you have a better way to organize it, I'm taking it.
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, Liz.

ElizabethD wrote:
Model URC-6131 (6131n)
Processor S3C80+?
RDF says: Processor=S3C80

If I am not mistaken, RDF always say S3C80. I can not remember what the difference between the S3C80 and S3C80+ was. Unless somebody can explain the JP1 relevance of the differences, I'll stop mentionning the "+".

ElizabethD wrote:
> 2k Support ??
depends on the meaning of "support"
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4372 indicates 8K exists and runs the extender

As there is at least one working case, let's say it is supported.

ElizabethD wrote:
[JP1er Rob
Hal & Mike wrote the extenders
Different button layout in new and old. Power button=Red LED on new, so using the Power button covers debugging watch.

Can't be wrong when listing Rob as JP1er Very Happy . I am quite aware of the external differences between the old and new models, but I have heard they have the exact same ROM.

ElizabethD wrote:
Model URC-9910 (9911)

If I understand correctly,
URC-9910 = OFA USA model
URC-9911 = OFA CAN model
HTPro = X10?? URC-9811B0

ElizabethD wrote:

I try using the official names, these are not always coherent.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aberguerand wrote:
ElizabethD wrote:
Model URC-9910 (9911)

If I understand correctly,
URC-9910 = OFA USA model
URC-9911 = OFA CAN model
HTPro = X10?? URC-9811B0

ElizabethD wrote:

I try using the official names, these are not always coherent.
For exactly that rationale, I would give the HTPro its own line in the chart alphabetically where "HTPro" would fit, since the "official" name of that remote is in fact "HTPro", and that is likely the first and only name a casual user, buyer, or stumbler-acrosser would use for it. The 9811B0 is only silkscreened in tiny type on the battery cover.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aberguerand wrote:
If I am not mistaken, RDF always say S3C80. I can not remember what the difference between the S3C80 and S3C80+ was. Unless somebody can explain the JP1 relevance of the differences, I'll stop mentionning the "+".
When the RDF specifies Processor=S3C80, look at the RAMAddr entry to determine which type:
Code:
S3C80:  RAMAddr=$8000
S3C80+: RAMAddr=$FF00
As to it's relevance to JP1 users, well it may not be all that important, but it might indicate a small performance difference (the + versions generally are faster). The main importance of this information is that protocol upgrades between the two types are different (and incompatible).
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HT-PRO was sold as the UEI HT-PRO.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aberguerand wrote:
HTPro = X10?? URC-9811B0

Embarassed X10 HTPro issue=9811B00, Capn is right. Where I got the idea it's 9910 I don't know other than it's the same RDF as 8910. Should read my own sig except the print's too small.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: