JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6131 L/DKP for 3 jobs - need help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: 6131 L/DKP for 3 jobs - need help Reply with quote

In this Haggis thread is a neat idea for triple state for a button, which I tried on 6131 (under fix it till it breaks theory Smile)
The idea is to use the Power button to do three jobs instead of the usual toggle/AllOFF method:
> Short press – toggle current O_device power
> Two short – turn 4 devices ON
> Short+Long – turn 4 devices OFF

So I revised things as follows
MACROS:
7 SHIFT-Select X_TV;Phantom4;X_AUD;DiscreteON;SHIFT-Vol-;X_VCR;DiscreteON;X_DVD;DiscreteON; TV;XSHIFT-Audio{CC};XSHIFT-TV/VID
9 XSHIFT-Select X_AUD;DiscreteOFF;X_VCR;DiscreteOFF;X_DVD;DiscreteOFF;X_TV;1;2;DiscreteOFF
10 Power X_AUD;Phantom2
SPECIAL PROTOCOL FUNCTIONS:
29 AUD Phantom2 DKP(2) [Single]:X_Cancel;SHIFT-Power [Double]:SHIFT-Phantom2
30 AUD SHIFT-Phantom2 LKP(2) [Short]:SHIFT-Select [Long]:XSHIFT-Select

Unlike Haggis, who experienced some timing problems, I simply do not get the Long side to do anything. Instead, the Single side of DKP runs.
Using various durations, not just 2, but 3 and 2 or 4 and 2, etc etc bottom line is:
> Single side of DKP works always (toggle)
> Double side of DKP works always (call LKP)
> Short side of LKP works always (4 devices ON)
> Long side of LKP (4 devices OFF) never works (except by set-set-OK) and I’ve convinced myself that it is never even reached by doing some dummy commands there. At this point, I no longer see HOW the Long side could ever run. Any ideas?

BTW on 6131-new, that “Select” button name is for the OK button, would be cool if it got carried over to the RDF.

Last edited by ElizabethD on Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Haggis have:
Short - State 1
Long (i.e. LKP of first press) - State 2
DKP - State 3

whereas you're trying to have
Short
DKP
DK - Long?

Of course, I don't have a 6131 so am just guessing. BTW Haggis has 2 "g"s (and sheep's lung, and heart and lots of other tasty stuff).
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed 2 Gs in "Haggis", thanks Smile

I was a bit confused, but then there was David's explanation and suggestion which made sense. To me LKP-first was more difficult to understand and achieve.
vasqued wrote:
If you change your macro so that the LKP is triggered on the second button press, I think it should take away the problem. The second key press will immediately trigger the LKP code, not wait for a timeout. That way you know the key is pressed when it is triggered. Then you just adjust the timing that you need to hold it down.

It seems like you will have more luck if you do something like the following:

DKP
Single press - Do macro 1
Double press - Call LKP
Short - Call Macro 2
Long Call Macro 3

This would give you the following
Short press - Executes macro 1
Short press, Short Press - Executes macro 2
Short press, Long Press - Executes macro 3

UQ - Try in whatever remote you've got - 8910 - I only have 6 free bytes & not allowed to break it.
Setup as simple as TV channels makes a simpler test
DKP single 1;2 double: call LKP
LKP short 1;5 long: 1;7

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis
UQ do you actually eat it, and the turnips too?
When I was growing up in Poland I had to eat pig feet in school or something disgusting with hair on it. So I left.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
UQ do you actually eat it, and the turnips too?
When I was growing up in Poland I had to eat pig feet in school or something disgusting with hair on it. So I left.

Yes; I had haggis for dinner on Saturday. Except we had swede (which is a bit sweeter than turnip) and mashed tatties, of course. Hagi (? sp of plural since, being a poor man's food, none of us ever ask for more than one) vary in quality, taste and character. Home-grown Scottish ones (reared on environmentally-friendly heather moors) have plenty of pepper in them and a decent amount of grain. The haggis can be exported in tinned form but the recipe does not seem to travel so well since any that I have tasted made locally elsewhere in the world (even such as in Dunedin, New Zealand with a high Scottish population) tend to be smoother and more akin to pate. Haggis can also be used in lieu of a duxelle of mushrooms if you're making beef Wellington. I bet your pigs' feet were more palatable than the green liver we used to get at school.
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't eat it.
I have often wandered though why the lung is not legal over here but the heart and liver is.
jsevinsk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set up a button to do four different things based on if you did a short press 1, 2, or 3 times, or one long press. When I was playing around, I set up the TV Info button to do this:

1 short press -- send a 1
2 short presses -- send a 2
3 short presses -- send a 3
1 long press -- send a 4

I did it with these special protocols:

Info --> DKP(3) = [single]:Phantom2 [double]:Phantom1
Phantom1 --> DKP(3) = [single]:2 [double]:3
Phantom2 --> LKP(1) = [short]:1 [long]:4
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, but does it make your haggis taste any better? Only a few more days until Burns' Night. Try using a ramekin or napkin-ring thing and putting a layer of swede (turnip, kholrabi) on the bottom, layer of haggis and then layer of mashed potato. Top with some sliced, sauteed wild or shiitake mushrooms. Optionally blast the mashed potato with a blow-torch or pop under the grill for a crispier finish prior to adding the mushrooms. One haggis served this way will provide a starter for several hungry guests. Follow up with pan-fried venison (just do it like your favourite beef steak) served with an onion gravy consisting of slow-fried onions with a lamb stock cube and a little water added. Sweet potato, yam, kumara or yucca slices (depending upon availability of produce locally) would be good with this. Wine ought to be red; preferrably a good, strong Ozzy or a decent Californian one. You'll need a whisky for the toasts but just serve Bells (a blend) and tell them all it's Glenmorangie (a single malt that's three times as expensive as Bells) or Dunroamin' or something.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the above recipe can only be prepared with an IR/RF remote (2117, 9910), and not the straight IR ones. (Not enough power to brown the spuds effectively) 8)

Actually it's Burns nite tonight in Northwood, got to get my dancing kilt out.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsevinsk wrote:
I set up a button to do four different things based on if you did a short press 1, 2, or 3 times, or one long press. When I was playing around, I set up the TV Info button to do this:

1 short press -- send a 1
2 short presses -- send a 2
3 short presses -- send a 3
1 long press -- send a 4

I did it with these special protocols:

Info --> DKP(3) = [single]:Phantom2 [double]:Phantom1
Phantom1 --> DKP(3) = [single]:2 [double]:3
Phantom2 --> LKP(1) = [short]:1 [long]:4

Nice algorithm. The best. Thank you Smile That's really pushing the extender isn't it?

On 6131, I find it is quite sensitive to timing, but all 4 actions work.
But two and three presses sometimes get mixed up. Don't know how much of this is the latency problem in the DKP protocol.

8910 passed with flying colors all but the 3 short taps. That section doesn't run at all for me.
I don't need the 4th state, but the dummy code I inserted didn't run.
But,even with some confusing device assignments I reused here, I have now a system simpler than hunting for M1 and M2 buttons.

1 short press - toggle power on active device
2 short presses - 4 devices on (by global macro on M1)
Long - 4 devices off (by global macro on M2)

OT:
underquark wrote:
Cool, but does it make your haggis taste any better?

Capn Trips wrote:
the above recipe can only be prepared with an IR/RF remote

ok, so I drop one "g" and to this day, 10 months later, everybody's still off-topic Surprised Laughing
what is "Burns' Night"?
And, for you culinary freaks, why is a hamburger called a hamburger when it's never been anywhere near a piggie?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, Lassie, ye speak HERESY!

Robbie Burns (please imagine grotesquely exaggerated rolled R's throughout) is the greatest poet in Scottish history, a bit of a national hero if you will.

I'm surpirsed Mel Gibson hasn't made a movie about him yet.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: