JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Assigning a specific EFC to a key (URC8810)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e34m5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Assigning a specific EFC to a key (URC8810) Reply with quote

I have learned the discrete code for my amps' inputs to the L1 and L2 while bound to the RCVR device key.

How can I assign the same functionality to the L1 and L2 key with out binding them to a device.

In other words I want L1 and L2 to be global not device specific.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need an extender.

With or without an extender, KeyMoves and learned signals are local. Only macros are global.

With a global macro you can switch to a device mode in which you have a local KeyMove on a phantom key and then execute that phantom key. That would feel to the user as if it were a global KeyMove. But if you don't have an extender that macro leaves the remote in the wrong device mode.

With an extender, a macro can TEMPORARILY switch to the right device mode to execute a desired KeyMoved function.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Assigning a specific EFC to a key (URC8810) Reply with quote

e34m5 wrote:
I have learned the discrete code for my amps' inputs to the L1 and L2 while bound to the RCVR device key.

How can I assign the same functionality to the L1 and L2 key with out binding them to a device.

In other words I want L1 and L2 to be global not device specific.

If you know the built in device code they would work with (can be determined from learned signal in IR) you could do keymoves to phantoms in IR and put them in a macro on the L1 and L2 buttons since Macros are global.

Also, you could probably learn them to some other buttons and put those buttons in a macro. I think that works. Since you already have them on L1 & L2 try puting a macro on L4 with RCVR & L1 as the only buttons in the macro. The problem with doing it this way is you will always be left in RCVR unless you add the device to return to in the macro.
e34m5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I put the EFC on a phantom then running that macro will still leave the remote in that last device state... correct?

So I guess I need the extender since I understand that it can run commands and not affect the previous device state..correct?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e34m5 wrote:
If I put the EFC on a phantom then running that macro will still leave the remote in that last device state... correct?

So I guess I need the extender since I understand that it can run commands and not affect the previous device state..correct?

Correct, with an extender you can start a macro with a temporary selection of a device, execute commands in that device and when it ends you are automatically back in the originating device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: