JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

triple dragon help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woody

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup thats what I had figured out then was able to merge that with most of the newly learned keys in ir to make a mostly usable remote with exception to commands that were learn on the 4 center buttons as im not sure how to make the fav rec and exit key work off the learned signals
also a request if possible need to make the last key the time shift button

thanks
woody
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newly learned keys: Although you cannot learn directly to some buttons (like fav and exit) I think you can reassign any learned key directly in IR. Go to the function you want to reassign in the learned tab, and double-click it. This opens an editing pane, where you can reassign that learned key to another device and/or button.

But you really don't want or need to keep learned signals once they're in an upgrade. Rob needs to decode the rest of your learned keys for you and provide you with the KM upgrade so you can add them to it, assigning them to whatever button you want. Unfortunately, FAV will not be one of those buttons so available.

To make every key (like FAV) work the way you want? One word: EXTENDER

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The '9' and FREEZE (time shift record) buttons were garbage in the second file. If '9' was a re-learn of the '9' button, this isn't a problem as I already have the code for '9', but you'll need to re-earn the 'time shift record' button.

It's totally random in these IR files whether a button repeats or not, I suspect this is because you are using a bad learning technique rather than because this is how the original remote really behaves. So, could you confirm that you are doing the learning like this...

1) Put the remotes head to head
2) Put the 15-2116 into learn mode
3) Select a button on the 15-2116
4) Wait a second, then press and HOLD the TD remote button
5) When the 15-2116 screen reads SUCCESS, release the TD remote button.
6) Go back to step 3 for the next button.

There appears to be a toggle bit in the signal and I'd like to verify how it affects the checksum that also appears to be in there, so to this end could you pick a button and learn it 3 times in a row to different buttons. Actually, could you do this for a few of buttons.

For example...

num 1 = 1st press of TD remote MENU button
num 2 = 2nd press of TD remote MENU button
num 3 = 3rd press of TD remote MENU button
num 4 = 1st press of TD remote GUIDE button
num 5 = 2nd press of TD remote GUIDE button
num 6 = 3rd press of TD remote GUIDE button
num 7 = 1st press of TD remote EXIT button
num 8 = 2nd press of TD remote EXIT button
num 9 = 3rd press of TD remote EXIT button

(I picked MENU, GUIDE and EXIT randomly, use any buttons you like)

Also, to verify whether the toggle bit is actually required, could you re-test the upgrade that I created to see if you can use the buttons twice in a row. For example, can you press 1 twice to get to channel 11?
woody

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok went and did that with 5 buttons for you
noted what is what on file
yes thats how i learned the device but sometimes would take 1 or 10 times to learn per key

was able to goto channels like 110 228 and such just as i said 7 sometimes would go 77 instead of 7 but thats not to bad and 9 works on your original upgrade

wont be able to add any more input till after work
thanks
woody

http://images.cyberdeck.us/matrix/td4.zip
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added the additional functions that have been captured to the upgrade.

Here's the KM file, in case you want to re-arrange the buttons...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2915

And here's the upgrade itself (protocol hasn't changed):

Upgrade Code 0 = 7F D0 (SAT/2000) Triple Dragon (KM v8.37)
FF 00 FE FE FA F9 95 00 21 C8 20 46 20 67 20 86
00 A6 20 C7 20 E8 21 27 21 47 21 68 23 C9 23 A9
23 A9 22 E9 22 C8 20 26 21 A8 23 48 22 A8 22 47
23 07 23 88 23 28 23 69 22 87 22 68 24 68 25 A9
25 88 25 69 25 C9 26 28 21 E9 23 EA 24 47 24 06
24 27
End

When you did the multiple button learning exercise, did you learn the same button over and over without learning any other buttons inbetween? I ask because it would appear from the IR file that you learned other buttons inbetween the learns of some of the buttons, which negates the usefulness of the exercise. I was only able to get the toggle-off version of a couple of buttons from this sample, and I still don't have a sample of the '4' button with the toggle on.

Once we've cracked the checksum formula, this won't be an issue as we can calculate any missing codes.

I've started trying to figure out the checksum, but if anyone else would like to take a crack at it, here's a spreadsheet to get you started...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2916
woody

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: YOU THE MAN Reply with quote

tried KM file and it was fantastic!! all buttons worked except as you stated the 4 and 7 are a bit off and repeats also main rec button dose not seem to work no worries i just remapped to pause as that is a dead button for this device
when i learned on 3 buttons i went 1 key at a time so i went menu menu menu but as i said this remote was hard to learn off of and took multible tries to get a good read
do you need any more keys relearned? if so may take a day to get early and long work day coming up
may i also have your permission to link your forume in the triple dragon groups so others can benifet from this? of course i will be giving you full props for doing this.
point me to a donate button so i can do a bit more then just say thank you

woody
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could still use a re-learn of the '4' button as I don't have a "toggle" on capture of that button yet. If you look in the KM file you will notice that there are dups of a couple of buttons where the 2nd item has "-off" tacked onto the name, these are the "toggle off" versions of the buttons. It sounds like it doesn't matter which ones you use, but I included them none-the-less.

If and when you get the time, I would like to have "toggle off" versions of all the buttons because the toggle factors into the checksum, so the more samples of the data we have, the more likely we are to decode the checksum correctly. So, ignore the buttons that I already have both samples for and then try doing 3 learns in a row of all the others. Unfortunately, there's no real easy way for you to tell if you got both versions or not, so you'll just have to post them and let me see. (There's absolutely no rush for this, btw).

Just FYI, there are gaps in the OBC sequence (which you can see if you look at the spreadsheet that I loaded), so if we know how to calculate the checksum, we can create the correct hex codes for those missing OBCs, which you can then test to see if the device supports any additional functions.

As for a donation, that's very thoughtful of you. If you want to send me a little something, my Paypal info is in my "remotes for sale" thread (the link is in my sig). Thanks.
woody

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redid the 4 keys that were off
let me know if anything else is needed

thanks woody

http://images.cyberdeck.us/matrix/td5.zip
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the "toggle on" version of the '4' button from that last batch, the hex code for this button is "20 A7" if you want to try it out.

I have no idea why the '7' button would perform any differently than any of the other buttons, could it possibly be something with your remote itself? Could you try programming the '7' function to another button and see if it also acts funny there?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, I just figured out the checksum, it's a SUM of all the bits in the signal, so I can generate hex codes for the missing OBCs now, if you want to try them out.

20 05 = OBC 00
21 87 = OBC 12
22 06 = OBC 16
22 27 = OBC 17
24 E9 = OBC 39
25 07 = OBC 40
25 28 = OBC 41
25 48 = OBC 42
25 EA = OBC 47
26 07 = OBC 48
26 48 = OBC 50

I may also take a look at having the protocol code generate the checksum to see whether it uses less memory.
woody

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry that last post is a bit over my head in understanding
what is it you want me to try? as for the 7 if you want i will try another attempt at learning it. did power and timeshift work this time?

woody

ps beer is on me tonight 8)
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Rob means you can input that data into the KM file (a few posts above) as additional POSSIBLE functions, add the thereby-created newer upgrade to IR, and test those functions to see if they do anything.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right. If you look at the KM file, you will see that there is hex code in both the OBC column and the BYTE2 column, so you could try entering the hex codes that I posted into KM as additional functions. You would then assign them to buttons so you can test them.

You could also create keymoves using the hex codes if you like.
woody

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this device can send visual and audio response if a remote key is pressed
2 3 6 7 8 10 nothing apparent happens but unit dose say a key is pressed there are features on remote that have no effect yet (they are still adding features)
4=mute but it seems like turns on/off fast so it dose not catch all the time
5=brings up closed captions
9=moves epg guide back in time
11=fwd in time

however the 1st code gives a visual only response not audio

btw you were right after testing 10 keys with 7 seems my old remote dose have some issues

thankyou and all that replied for the help
woody
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if I'm following correctly, the final result was...

OBC 17 = Mute
OBC 39 = Closed Captions
OBC 47 = Guide Backward
OBC 50 = Guide Forward

I will add these to the main upgrade. One difference between my upgrade and the original signals is that there is a very long gap after every 2nd occurrance of the data in the original, and I didn't bother to try and re-create that. That's probably why the MUTE button repeated too quickly. I might try fixing that at some point, the only problem is that the gap is too large for the 15-2116 to be able to capture exactly how long it is.

I might also try building the checksum generator into the code, this will result in a bigger protocol but a smaller upgrade, so I'll have to see which one is more economical overall.

Will you be up for doing another test at some point?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: