JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Akai PDP4225M Plasma TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Akai PDP4225M Plasma TV Reply with quote

loihuynh wrote:
Hello again Robman and everyone.

Look alike lot of people trying to help me here Very Happy. The cable just come back today. I tested it by connect to remote and download from remote and save a backup file using IR.EXE work perfectly.

I upload the code from Robman by load it using KM, copy the code and paste it in the device tab of IR.EXE then go to General and click the Upload to Remote button, I saw some respond from the remote.

I set code in the remote to TV 0824 it's showed susess but when I tried to turn on the TV by put the power on the remote notthing happen.

I know I have missed something. Please tell me what do I need to do from the beging. I readed the KM link above but it doesn't help me much.
A step by step guide please.

Very much appreciate.
Loihuynh
Simplest is for you to upload your IR file (that is giving you trouble) and the upgrade (KM or RM file) that you created to the diagnosis area, and post links to them here, and someone will have a look. Otherwise, it's lots of guessing about possible things you may or may not have done. For example:

Did your device upgrade in KM/RM indicate that in addition to the Device Upgrade, you also need to add the Protocol Upgrade? If so, did you in fact ADD the Protocol Upgrade to IR?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
loihuynh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Capn

I don't know if I need to uprade protocol or not. and I don't know how to do so. All I need is just uprage the code from Robman above to make it work with my TV. Here is what I have done.

1 =
-- Connect the cable to the remote. Open IR.EXE and test the device driver and interface. All showed up OK.
-- Download from remote and save to a file for backup before I kill the remote or clear everything.

2 =
-- Load the Akai_PDP4225M.txt using keymap-master-v8.38.xls.
-- Copy the code in the Upgrade code area it show like this.

Upgrade Code 0 = 03 38 (TV/0824) Akai PDP4225M (KM v8.38 )
5A 00 FE FA FD 20 B7 00 37 0F CF 4F 2F EF 6F 4D
6D 75 D7 57 7D 17 E7 8F 45 9D 67 DD 47 C7 ED C5
1D 45 F7 A7 87 15 C5
End

Note: The Protocol Code area is emty, nothing to copy.

3 =
-- Open IR.EXE and go to Devices tab.
-- Hit the Add button and paste those code in to the top area, It's automatic show the Device type: TV, Setup code: 0824, Note: Akai PDP4225M (KM v8.38 ). Hit OK.
It's show up lot of Key name, Hex command and EFC code there in Devices. On top, the Protocol ID: 5A. Fixed Data 20 B7 00. Max Var Size is emty
-- Go to General tab
* The first top tab show type TV code 0628 (I leave it alone).
-- Hit the Upload To Remote and I saw the LCD on remote show something then off.

4 =
-- Go to the remote and set the TV code to 0824 sucessful. Whenever I hit the TV button it show the code 0824 on the LCD.
-- Now I tried to turn on the TV by puss the power butt on the remote. NOTHING HAPPEN Surprised .

Please tell me what did I missed and what do I need to do to make it work.

Thank you very much.
loihuynh
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a whole bunch of Akai codes that I've recently captured, so when I get a chance I will post them so you can try them all.
loihuynh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Akai PDP4225M Plasma TV Reply with quote

Yes please do so. I'll do anything to make it work .

Thank so much Robman
Loihuynh
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loihuynh wrote:

-- Go to General tab
* The first top tab show type TV code 0628 (I leave it alone).
-- Hit the Upload To Remote and I saw the LCD on remote show something then off.
Although your way SHOULD work, perhaps you could try the more traditional way (for those who have JP1) and assign the device code in IR before uploading to the remote. Assign TV/0824 to the TV button in IR and THEN upload to the remote.

It really shouldn't make a difference, but it's worth a try.

Again, I recommend whenever an IR file doesn't do what you want, it costs you nothing to upload it and ask someone to take a look.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's a zip file containing 13 different upgrades for Akai TVs. (Just FYI, Akai is a major re-badger when it comes to TVs, which is why they use so many different codes).

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2947

If you find one tha works, please let me know which one it is as I'm in the process of trying to compile a list of which models go with each upgrade.

(I was just given remotes to capture, I don't know which models each remote goes with, if you want to see the remotes that I captured, click here)

Last edited by The Robman on Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
loihuynh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Akai PDP4225M Plasma TV Reply with quote

Hello Robman and everyone.

None of them work in full. Only the Akai_TV9.txt can turn on/off with the power button and can access to menu with the arrow down button.

However I did it. I had a change to do to SAM's Club and lucky saw they sell the same model AKai PDP4252M there. I borrow the remote from the salesmen and immediately bought a universal remote and learn all button.

I formatted them to KM and uploaded to this forum for someone who might need it. Download Here. My next subject will be COOLSAT 5000.

Thank you all tried to help.
Special thanks to Robman helped me a lot.
loihuynh
tccoleman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
OK, here's a zip file containing 13 different upgrades for Akai TVs. (Just FYI, Akai is a major re-badger when it comes to TVs, which is why they use so many different codes).

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2947

If you find one tha works, please let me know which one it is as I'm in the process of trying to compile a list of which models go with each upgrade.

(I was just given remotes to capture, I don't know which models each remote goes with, if you want to see the remotes that I captured, click here)

You wouldn't happen to know which Akai code goes with Remote 3 (picture)? I'm trying to set up a remote for a friend of mine and I don't have the TV here to test it.
tccoleman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tccoleman wrote:

You wouldn't happen to know which Akai code goes with Remote 3 (picture)? I'm trying to set up a remote for a friend of mine and I don't have the TV here to test it.

I think I've figured it out. It's the first one, 'Akai_TV0.txt'. This is the remote for an Akai PDP5016H Plasma if you want to know.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tccoleman wrote:

I've just added a comment to the file page for the zip file that lists what I know about the upgrades, but to answer your question, remote 3 uses upgrade 0.
tccoleman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: