JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic PT AE900 device upgrade file
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ncoig

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there something I'm missing in this upgrade? I import it all into KM, only the buttons programmed issue IR commands, but the projector doesn't respond AT ALL.

Any ideas?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is FAR too little information here to give you a meaningful answer. In particular:
Quote:
Is there something I'm missing in this upgrade?
Apparently yes. By the way, WHAT upgrade?
Quote:
I import it all into KM,
Upload the KM file and provide a link;
Quote:
only the buttons programmed issue IR commands,
How do you know? Upload the IR file and provide a link.
Quote:
Any ideas?
Yes. Please read the number 1 code search FAQ (linked below in my sig) and provide the data the template requests. Then someone may have a better chance of helping you. As it is, we
(1) have no idea what device you are trying to control (possibly a Panasonic PT AE900, but you never state so, and this thread has been ALL OVER the place since its title was given)
(2) Don't know what remote you're using;
(3) Can't assess what you have done without more detailed descriptions of what you have done.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
ncoig

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
There is FAR too little information here to give you a meaningful answer. In particular:

My apologies, I wrongly assumed that certain inferences would be made.

Quote:
Quote:
Is there something I'm missing in this upgrade?
Apparently yes. By the way, WHAT upgrade?

The upgrade code for the Panasonic PT-AE900U, US Version, Mfg Date of 02/2006.

Quote:
Quote:
I import it all into KM,
Upload the KM file and provide a link;

This thread has several links to the KM file which the OP uploaded to the files area. The files are one and the same. (But, if you can't locate it in the thread, here 'tis for your reference: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2836)

Quote:
Quote:
only the buttons programmed issue IR commands,
How do you know?

I guess I don't know, but I made a logical assumption because generally the keys which issue commands blink a little red light on the remote, while the others do not elicit such behavior. It may very well just be me, but in my woefully limited knowledge of computers, forums and the URC product line (I've only been a member of this forum since 2001, so admittedly my experience level is pretty low), no IR commands issue from a remote when one presses a button and no LED (light emitting diode) is illuminated.

The point of indicating this to the forum was to make clear that the upgrade was being properly loaded into the remote, and it was my belief that the issue lay elsewhere.

Quote:
Quote:
Any ideas?
Yes. Please read the number 1 code search FAQ (linked below in my sig) and provide the data the template requests. Then someone may have a better chance of helping you. As it is, we
(1) have no idea what device you are trying to control (possibly a Panasonic PT AE900, but you never state so, and this thread has been ALL OVER the place since its title was given)
(2) Don't know what remote you're using;
(3) Can't assess what you have done without more detailed descriptions of what you have done.

Again, so sorry for my faux pas:

(1) The thread was regarding the AE900U, so I wrongly assumed that would be self-evident -- my sincerest apologies, hopefully that is clear now;
(2) The remote used is one of my 15-1994s, manufactured by URC for Radio Shack;
(3) As indicated previously,
Quote:
I import it all into KM
and naturally, I'm using IR to dump that data into my remote. (I'm an old timer and don't use RM) I've copied both the device and upgrade protocol into IR straight from the above-mentioned KM file.

Better? I hope this clarifies things, and that you can forgive my transgression. Mea culpa.

I guess I should have been more direct in the initial post - I have utilized the posted KM file to upgrade my 1994 with no success in transmission to the projector. Is there something goofy about this protocol (Rob, you had given some advice to the OP about changing a segment of the protocol upgrade) that would cause it to fail?

Thanks for any help.

-N
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if my tone was curt, and you need not provide a pageful of mea culpas, I'm just pointing out that this thread has discussed MANY things besides the monitor mentioned in the initial subject line. Providing detail in one concise post usually helps a potential helper. So as I understand it:

1. Device: Panasonic PT-AE900U
2. Type of device: Projection (?) TV/monitor
3. Year: 2006
4. JP1 Remote model: 1994
5. JP1 user? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Unknown
7. Checked the file section? Yes, found upgrade (linked in immediately preceding post)
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? unknown
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? ???

One immediate question leaps out. You write:

Quote:
I'm using IR to dump that data into my remote. (I'm an old timer and don't use RM) I've copied both the device and upgrade protocol into IR straight from the above-mentioned KM file.

THAT would be a problem. You need to chage the remote at the top of the setup worksheet from Outlaw to 15-1994. Did you do so?

As I read the multiple paages of this thread, there was some individual tailoring to support the Outlaw remote for which the upgrade you are trying to use was written. I don't know whether or not this upgrade would lend itself to straight import into a more, "traditional" - shall we say - RS 15-1994 JP1 upgrade. But if it does NOT work, as you state:
(1) Have you tried learning any of the functions to your 1994 and decoding them in IR to see if they match this upgrade?
(2) Have you searched RemoteCentral for any ccf files for this (or a similar unit)?

That notwithstanding, I'd upload YOUR 15-1994 KM file (the one you actually used to input into IR, not the SOURCE Outlaw remote file which you subsequently modified for the 1994) and IR file that is not working.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncoig wrote:
Is there something I'm missing in this upgrade? I import it all into KM, only the buttons programmed issue IR commands, but the projector doesn't respond AT ALL. Any ideas?

C'mon Neil, you've been around for a while, so you know that we can't possibly guess what you did wrong with so little to go on. The KM file itself is obviously good because the other user used it to get his remote working. There are so many places where you could have made a mistake, but we'd need to see a copy of your IR file to see what the mistake actually is.

The most common mistakes include...
1) You forgot to change the selected remote to the 15-1994
2) You forgot to copy over the protocol upgrade
3) You forgot to assign the upgrade to a device button.

ncoig wrote:
This thread has several links to the KM file which the OP uploaded to the files area. The files are one and the same.

I aplogogise for the Capn if his tone seemed a bit curt, but the trick to getting the best help is to make it as easy as possible for people to help you. This thread is already 5 pages long, so rather than asking people to read through all the previous posts looking for a link to the KM file, given that you've already found the file it would be more polite to post a link to it.

Anyway, do you still have the original Panasonic remote? If so, have you tried learning the signals from it? If so, do they show up as Panasonic2, device code 128, sub-device 72? If so, these signals match those generated by the KM file. Did you remember to change the selected remote to the 15-1994 before you copied the upgrade over to IR? Did you remember to copy the protocol upgrade in addition to the device upgrade? Did you remember to assign the new setup code to one of the device buttons on the 15-1994? If you did all that and the upgrade is still not working, did you try learning the signals from the upgraded 15-1994 to one of your other 15-1994s to see what they look like? Did you try re-downloading the data from the upgraded 15-1994 to see if the new setup code is still assigned to the device button?

ncoig wrote:
Is there something goofy about this protocol (Rob, you had given some advice to the OP about changing a segment of the protocol upgrade) that would cause it to fail?

I assume you're talking about this post from page 2 of this thread. If so, that advice was specific for the newer version of the Cat48 remote that the OP was using. If you are using a 15-1994 that advice doesn't apply to you.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One additional thought.

IF you do NOT have the OEM remote (i.e. you currently have NO remote, neither the OEM, nor a JP1, to which the projector responds), might it be possible that the IR receiver on the projector is bad? Is this a new unit? a second-hand unit you got with no OEM remote?

On the other hand, if you have an OEM remote to which the projector responds, then if somehow this projector does NOT use the standard Panny projector protocol/device/subdevice combination (which MOST seem to, if you look through the file section) then it's a simple matter to learn, decode and build an upgrade from that OEM remote. ("Simple" being a relative term, if you need expert help to decode some hitherto unidentified decode)

Amazon Firestick
ncoig

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The most common mistakes include...
1) You forgot to change the selected remote to the 15-1994
2) You forgot to copy over the protocol upgrade
3) You forgot to assign the upgrade to a device button.

Rob,

Turned out it was using a version of KM that was slightly out of date that was causing a discrepancy in the protocol code. Works fine now.

Also, did the 256 code search and no discrete power codes. I don't suppose anyone found a solution to this? (Aside from ToadTog)

Thanks for the help, guys.

-N
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncoig wrote:
Turned out it was using a version of KM that was slightly out of date that was causing a discrepancy in the protocol code. Works fine now.

KM should have warned you that you were using an out of date version of KM when you opened the file, did that happen?

ncoig wrote:
Also, did the 256 code search and no discrete power codes. I don't suppose anyone found a solution to this? (Aside from ToadTog)

Sounds like you got a TOAD then.
ncoig

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

Sounds like you got a TOAD then.

More like a TURD. Smile

Upgrade file is:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3203

Thanks again, Rob.

-N
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: