JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic PT AE900 device upgrade file
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krisdz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 8910 is operating the projector just fine.
I try SAT, TV, Cable, OEM. That why there are some differences in the device type.
I just uploaded not matching files.
Sorry for that.
But my upload to remote always has the same device type.
whompus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have it sorted. If I am not wrong the problem is in the fixed data with the upgrade you are building. If you use km select Panasonic combo2 for the protocol, if you use rm select Panasonic2(LCD Hacked) for the protocol.
krisdz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn’t work. I tested it using the Combo2 in KM and Device codes TV, CAB/SAT and OEM.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked over your upgrade file and it does indeed exactly match the other 2 upgrades for Panasonic projectors that have been mentioned earlier, so you have the correct protocol selected [ie, Panasonic2 (LCD) ]. So don't waste any time trying the various Combo protocols.

You can verify that this upgrade works by loading it into your URC-8910 remote (but make sure that the learned signals don't get in the way).

Assuming that you are loading the upgrade correctly (and I haven't seen a good IR file with it loaded), the only other suggestion that I have is that maybe this Cat48 remote is really an S3C8+ remote (rather than an old S3C8 remote). To test if this is the case, try editing the last byte of the protocol upgrade. Change it from "33" to "46". After the edit, the last line of the protocol should be displayed as follows in IR.exe

Code:
8022:   8D 01 46   JP   0146H

krisdz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob you are the Master.
The change from 33 to 46 works!
I need to remap few buttons but that is piece of cake.
I will post the upgrade device file when I finish it.
How to include it in the KM for all others?
I can edit and change it manually in the device upgrade file.
I’m now very happy camper.
Thank you very much
Kris
tj

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I going to run into this also if I have to do a protocol upgrade? I am using the rdf and image from this post http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5935 it is working but I have not had to do protocol upgrades.

If I do have to do a protocol upgrade at some point will 33 to 46 always be the edit or is it just for this device? Would not a proper rdf produce the upgrade right?

Sorry for all the questions just want to understand this.
krisdz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Panasonic PT AE-900 Outlaw 990 Device upgrade file Reply with quote

I uploaded the device upgrade file for Panasonic PT AE-900.
It is for Outlaw Model 990 remote.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2836
Thanks everyone for help.
Regards
Kris
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdz wrote:
I will post the upgrade device file when I finish it.
How to include it in the KM for all others?

You don't need to do anything to the KM file to make this work for others. The problem is that KM does not support your particular remote control. The "Outlaw" remote that's supported by KM is an older remote and is not the same as your remote.

As we have now confirmed that your remote is an S3C8+ model, you should change the following line in your RDF.

Change from:
RAMAddr=$8000

Change to:
RAMAddr=$FF00
whompus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tj.. I dont know if there is 2 versions of the remote or not. If you find that upgrades you make don't work and should then edit the ramaddr like rob said. I did the edit to the rdf and updated it in case others find it and download.

When you say you have not did a protocol upgrade did you mean upgrade of any kind or one thet needs protocol pasted from rm.

If you have did upgrades and they work I would think that suggest your remote is not the +version but am not sure. If your remote is working stay where you are for now.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:
tj.. When you say you have not did a protocol upgrade did you mean upgrade of any kind or one thet needs protocol pasted from rm.

I understand his message to mean that none of the upgrades that he has loaded so far required a protocol upgrade.

TJ, to answer your question, that edit is pretty generic and should work for many other protocols, but not all. The main difference between S3C8 protocols and S3C8+ protocols is that the vector addresses (used in CALLs) are all increased by a factor of 0x13, so the old address 0x133 becomes 0x146, the old address 0x136 would become 0x149, etc. However, rather than editing the protocol yourself, after you have copied your device upgrade from KM, you could change the selected remote to a newer S3C8+ remote (like the URC-8811) as this will cause KM to automatically edit the protocol for you. If the protocol vanishes (ie, because the selected remote already has it installed), go ahead and highlight the protocol box anyway and do the cut & paste. Here's a little secret about KM, even though the protocol has vanished from view, it's really still there, it's just invisible! 8)

Last edited by The Robman on Mon May 08, 2006 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
krisdz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob
I need reload the remote with new RAMAddr=$FF00 setting or it is minor.
Thanks again
Kris
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdz wrote:
I uploaded the device upgrade file for Panasonic PT AE-900.
It is for Outlaw Model 990 remote.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2836
did you learn the arrow buttons array using 8910, and do you still have IR file with those learned codes? If so, I'd like to see them, please. Could you post the IR file? Also does your projector have a computer mode or just the projector mode? Thanks in advance.

Off topic to whompus:
whompus wrote:
If you use km select Panasonic combo2 for the protocol
In case you're interested. I wish Rob explained why you can't use this. He didn't so I'll pretend I know what I'm talking about, since I spent some time on that protocol with signals from a fancy projector (PT-L6500U)where Jon Armstrong was helping me big time. (We never really finished Sad to work through the stuff that I couldn't get the codes for).
The projector I saw uses 7 bytes, 56 bits, for each signal, and the extra byte is zero and it sits right between the subdevice and the command byte. The timing for 0, 1, leadin, leadout are practically identical to the standard Panasonic signals I learned and the decoding is the same. But due to that extra byte, you can't swap. As far as RM's Hacked, if I recall, it's slightly different executor, there apparently are two variants.
krisdz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did learn the arrow buttons array using 8910
Here is the IR file.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/login.php?sid=1906841baf20d2cd44f97d908999e78d
Good luck with your project
Kris
krisdz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The projector has computer mode and many other modes
http://www.panasonic.ca/English/audiovideo/television/HomeCinema/ptae900.asp
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdz wrote:
Rob
I need reload the remote with new RAMAddr=$FF00 setting or it is minor.
Thanks again
Kris

No, you're fine, that parm just helps IR disassemble the protocol code correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: