JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

15-2116ex2 False DKP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raycmaple

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: 15-2116ex2 False DKP Reply with quote

In an effort to simplify use of my cable box (SA explorer 2200), I put DKPs on the up and down arrows, such that a single or held press sends the normal up/down, and the double press sends page up/down. The double press for paging works ... too well. I have the threshold time values set to 1, which according to the readme should be 0.13 seconds, but it is still very difficult to get two consecutive single presses. Even waiting upwards of a second, it will send the double press more often than not.

How reliable is the threshold time? Is it affected by the length of the single press command? Right now that is a single shift-cloaked button.

The double/single press approach seemed like an elegant solution, but without better recognition of a double vs multiple single presses, I will probably switch over to a shift-key approach.

Thanks,
Ray
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 15-2116ex2 False DKP Reply with quote

raycmaple wrote:
The double press for paging works ... too well. I have the threshold time values set to 1, which according to the readme should be 0.13 seconds, but it is still very difficult to get two consecutive single presses. Even waiting upwards of a second, it will send the double press more often than not.

How reliable is the threshold time? Is it affected by the length of the single press command? Right now that is a single shift-cloaked button.

The double/single press approach seemed like an elegant solution, but without better recognition of a double vs multiple single presses, I will probably switch over to a shift-key approach.

Thanks,
Ray

For DKP the threshold value is the time you have to get the second press in. The lower the number the less time you have to get the second press in. Try setting it to 3 or 4 and see if that works for you.

There has been a lot of discussion on this topic in the past and most people have a hard time getting the 2 presses in. Most people switch to the long key press as it is more consistent in timing. I personally like LKP with s setting of 1. I either tap it or hold it.
raycmaple

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I am having no problems getting a second press in, even with the time set to 1. That part is working great. My problem is that the single key press is often used several times in a row when scrolling through the channel guide, on demand lists, etc., and these separate "single" presses are being picked up as double presses, even when I deliberately pause between them.

Actually that is a slight oversimplification. The behavior is somewhat random. Sometimes successive single presses work fine. Other times, successive single presses act like a double press. Very occasionally, there is a noticeable delay between the single press and the LED flash/response, or the press is ignored entirely. (I time the successive presses so that (when it works) a channel guide scroll finishes before the next press, I'd guess about 0.5-0.75 seconds.)

Unfortunately, the long key press option isn't very useful in this case, since press and hold is a standard use of the arrow buttons. I have used LKP for several other functions though. For now, I've got the page up/down moved to shift-arrow buttons, which made the wife happier.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Ray
sfhub

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion is to not use LDKP on button where you may need to do
repeated presses, especially navigation buttons where the urge to
hyper-press is high.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: