JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Different remote addresses for S0775?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoHogsAR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Different remote addresses for S0775? Reply with quote

Good afternoon,

Details are below, but here is my question - Has anyone edited the S0775 (PL) code to work concurrently with remote address 1 and remote address 2?

I tried asking this question over at SlingCommunity, but after more than a week and zero responses I thought I'd try here.

I have two Dish Network receivers hooked up to my SlingBox. They are different models, but both use the S0775 remote code. I would like to be able to change channels on each receiver independently. The way I have it set up for use at home is one receiver on remote address 1 and the other on remote address 2. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to assign remote address 2 on the SlingBox.

One "helpful" email response from tech support said to go through the setup and then choose remote address 2. You would think it would be that simple, but unfortunately that option does not exist in the setup. I verified this when I spoke with another "helpful" tech support person on the phone. After much holding, he said the solution was to select "code 1" for one receiver and "code 2" for the other. In reality, code 1 and code 2 are totally separate remote codes and both transmit remote address 1.

I tried using RM to edit the codes myself, but I somehow butchered the process and had to uninstall then reinstall the Sling software before I could get the remote blaster to work again. If anyone has already edited S0775 to work concurrently with remote addresses 1 and 2, please let me know.

Thanks!
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend that you create TWO SEPARATE UPGRADES - one using remote address 1 (0775) and the other using remote address 2 (1775 - or choose any number you like that won't create a conflict within your SBAV.cfg file. Then assign each to a different device on the Slingbox (My terminology may be messed up here, not having a Slingbox myself, but assign one to the PVR device and the other to the SAT device, or something else along those lines.)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
GoHogsAR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response. My IR Blaster is the PL version, but in the SBAV folder of my SlingPlayer directory there is no S0775_PL.bin, only S0775_JU.bin. Any idea where I can find S0775_PL.bin?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use RM to import the S0775_JU.bin file, change the more to Slingbox w/ UEI PL Chip, the export to binary as S0775_PL.bin
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoHogsAR wrote:
Thanks for your response. My IR Blaster is the PL version, but in the SBAV folder of my SlingPlayer directory there is no S0775_PL.bin, only S0775_JU.bin. Any idea where I can find S0775_PL.bin?
I assumed you were talking about doing this from RemoteMaster, not editing an existing BIN file. I don't think you can reverse-engineer a bin file from one format into another, but you can certainly take any of the multiple Dish player upgrades from the file section and create your very own original BIN files for the PL version of Slingbox.

Go to the file section and under Satellite and/or PVR, you'll find a half-dozen or more Dish upgrades. Pick one that matches your gear (that's been downloaded a lot - it goesn't matter if it's a KM or RM upgrade) and open it in RM, assign device code SAT:0775, change the remote to "Slingbox_PL", assign the buttons as you wish and export the BIN file to your Slingbox directory. Then (after saving this RM file) change the unit code, change the device upgrade number, and repeat.

Poof! You have two Sling_PL upgrades for Dish boxes with two different unit codes (remote addresses).

(Of course, you still have to modify your SBAV.cfg file to include the newly-created codes in the [Satellite.codes] section)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: