JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

help puttin RM code in SBAV config file
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, was this ever a hard thread to follow, talk about following a bad post with another. I have gone back and tried to clean up the thread as best I can, adding links where they were supposed to be and cleaning up as many spelling mistakes and other problems as I could.

To the subject at hand, Doug, can you please confirm that you are ONLY testing these upgrades on your NON-BETA Slingbox. It appears that the beta software doesn't support upgrades at this time, so we don't want to waste any time with the beta box at all. Let's leave that for the Sling Media guys to work out.

If there is ANY confusion as to whether you need a JU or a PL upgrade, create both and let the Slingbox pick the right one.

If there is ANY question as to whether you know how to edit the SBAV.cfg file (and I personally recommend using NOTEPAD to edit it, but Wordpad would also work), create the upgrades using an existing setup code number, which would eliminate the need to edit SBAV.cfg

Finally, when the guys helping you ask for you to upload a specific file for them to look at, please make double sure that you are loading the file that they are asking for.
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
Yep, just as I thought, it's a very simple fix to the import code.
There's nothing wrong with the .bin file.

Cool... Would that bug fix work with what seems like it may be the same kind of thing when importing special protocol from ir to rm?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, just FYI, if there's ever a question as to whether RM formatted a Slingbox bin file correctly, you can verify this by opening the bin file using the FRHED program and checking it manually.

The format of the bin files is described here...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4899
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:
gfb107 wrote:
Yep, just as I thought, it's a very simple fix to the import code.
There's nothing wrong with the .bin file.

Cool... Would that bug fix work with what seems like it may be the same kind of thing when importing special protocol from ir to rm?

I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you mean importing a raw upgrade that uses a protocol upgrade that RM doesn't know? If so, I think it would, but it would help if you could provide a sample for me to test with.

BTW, if you run into a problem like this, please report it as soon as you know about it. I am always disappointed when someone reports a bug, and someone else says, "yeah, I ran into that a while ago, it doesn't work."
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Greg. Here is the ir file I ran into this today.

Edit= Oh and yeah. Raw upgrade with unknown protocol is what I was meaning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: