JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Liteon 5115 advanced codes.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeTheZombie wrote:
why even list the advanced codes?
In most cases, the advanced code lists are the "official" UEI lists for a given setup code. What you're offering here are non-standard codes used by a standard setup.
JoeTheZombie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
In most cases, the advanced code lists are the "official" UEI lists for a given setup code. What you're offering here are non-standard codes used by a standard setup.

Indeed, just like the APEX methods listed on this very website.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/codes2/DVD_APEX.shtml
http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?DVD_Apex_1100W
http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?DVD_Apex_3201A
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code 0623 will do the same thing.

If you want the tuner it should be
ch up 202
ch down 243

Also for anyone that finds this thread doing a search for an upgrade. The ilo recorders in the dvd file area match it.
mhallerbach

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm scared to resurrect this thread - As it seemed to have created a bit of a stir, but I am trying to locate the Descrete On/Off Codes for this Lite-On DVD Recorder, which are not included on the original remote - Just a Toggle.

I see mention that it may use similar codes to JVC recorders - Anyone been able to confirm this or have the codes I seek.

Thanks,
JoeTheZombie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm scared to post here again after this thread. Laughing

Funny how if someone works through the APEX codes, they get their own page explaining it, whereas when I worked through the Liteon codes, I got ran off the site! Anywho...

There are no discrete power codes for the Liteon 5115. You can try to kludge macros using the eject button which will turn the unit on if it is off, or leave it on if it is on, but the player is sooooo sloooooow at going through this procedure that it is an exercise in extreme patience. Pure torture.

I eventually gave up on this recorder, and instead now use a tuner card in my PC, running gbpvr.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe,
I am sorry that you feel that you got run off. I know the first post in this thread has since been edited so it's not in it's original form, but I recall correctly what it looked like in the beginning, I think people were confused as to what you were trying to accomplish (ie, were you seeking information or offering it - and in either case, what info were you seeking or offering).

Fortunately, I think it all became clear in the end.
mhallerbach

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeTheZombie wrote:
I'm scared to post here again after this thread. Laughing

Funny how if someone works through the APEX codes, they get their own page explaining it, whereas when I worked through the Liteon codes, I got ran off the site! Anywho...

There are no discrete power codes for the Liteon 5115. You can try to kludge macros using the eject button which will turn the unit on if it is off, or leave it on if it is on, but the player is sooooo sloooooow at going through this procedure that it is an exercise in extreme patience. Pure torture.

I eventually gave up on this recorder, and instead now use a tuner card in my PC, running gbpvr.

I just bought this LVW5116 a few months ago and I am starting to feel the same way - its terrible, but unfortunately I didn't realize it till after the return period. Many times it won't read a commercial DVD and I have to power cycle it to get it to work, and Lite-On is no help whatsover. Unfortunately, I think I'm stuck with it for awhile since my wife will not let me buy anything to replace it so soon. I am going to fiddle with the JVC codes to see if I can dig up. Using the efect button as a discrete on wouldn't work for me as it would open the tray was well which wouldn't work for the macro, but thanks for the help
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: