JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

confused about mini-macros in the fav list

View previous topic :: View next topic  
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: confused about mini-macros in the fav list Reply with quote

i was reading the 8810w extender 3.1 docs and am really confused about mini-macros and fav lists. perhaps this is because i have never used a fav/scan button for what it was intended for (I put the replaytv's 'display' function on it for my remote) The docs say I can create up to 15 5-unit mini-macros. I am befuddled. Are these mini-macros things like cbl;0;3 ? a fav list sounds like something my wife would like. (the cable box she has takes forever to tune when you go from one channel to the next, so at least with a fav list she only has to go through the 15 channels she watches most) If the answer is long and it is documented elsewhere, a link is sufficient. I like to read.

one more question. when i load up the extender using extinstall and follow the instructions carefully, how can i distinguish screwing up the installation or other screw ups on my part vs. having that problem discussed in other threads in which some 8810ws die when you load the extender? are there some no-ops that need to be placed in the assembly code by our resident expert, Mr. John S Fine, before it is safe to use? (I can wait) My apologies to Mr. Fine if there is a PhD in there and it is really Dr. Fine!
JP1Files
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The normal use a the fav list would be a list of channel setting macros.

I haven't looked at it in a while so I forget the details of the device selection associated with the fav list, but I'm pretty sure it is automatic, so your macro would probably be just 0;3 rather than cbl;0;3.

IIRC, a device mode is associated (on IR's setup tab) with the whole fav list. When you press fav it temporarily switches to that device mode to run one macro from the list. So you could be in TV mode and have your fav list in CBL mode and press fav to advance the CBL to the next fav channel and still have the remote in TV mode.

I don't have a PHD.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct John. A typical Fav macro looks like this.

6;Enter;{Pause};8;Enter;{Pause};1;0;Enter;{Pause};1;3;Enter;{Pause};2;0;Enter;{Pause};2;7;Enter;{Pause};4;0;Enter;{Pause};3;1;5;Enter;{Pause}

The device is selected at the bottom of the SCAN/FAV panel in IR and does in fact tempoarily switch the device during execution
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: